Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JBS At Owsley County 01/25/06
The winner of lee and jenkins will play the winner of jbs and Owsley...Does Jbs have what it takes to get a win in Booneville?
Yes, and I think they are the favorite!
Im gonna go with the upset in this one, Ill take Owsley by 5.
Do you think JBS can beat Lee? Assuming they meet in the semis.
Owsley's playing a lot better right now, but JBS will be a difficult task. They will have to contain Stepp and Cox, something few teams have been able to do this year. And the Crusaders have a 6'8 center to anchor the middle. Owsley can win, but they'll have to play a near perfect game. Hopefully there will be a big crowd advantage in Owsley's favor to cheer the Owls on. The Owls usually play pretty tough on their home floor, but they've struggled this year. They'l have to have their game "on" to win this one.
I'd say JBS by 15 with Stepp dropping around 30...
JBS
Jbs
JBS by 10
im gonna go with owsley....from what i hear the smith kid has turned things around in booneville and the neeley kid is shooting the ball much better...jbs will need to play pressure D if they want to beath IMO the best backcourt in the region
JBS by 12...
jbs by 10 +
Im not taking anything away from jbs they are a great team, but I dont see them winning by that much if they do win.....Owsley is not the same team people seen earlier in the season...as I found out when I seen them beat a good south floyd team last week...jbs has their work cut out for them to get a win in booneville...just ask the HAZARD BULLDOGS!!!!
Jbs
jbs in a close one
I have been a doubter of the Owls all year, and to say they'll win this one with no problem would be idiotic. I know the Owls will come to play because there is so much history at stake for the Owls in this tournament behind Hazard they probably have more titles than any other "A" school in the region I can recall back in the late 90's up until 01' the Owls and Bulldogs dominated about every year except one when JBS slipped in to the championship to only fall to the Owls and watch the Owls go on to compete in the State and make a very good showing by making it to the Semi's before losing.

A hard fought game with JBS coming out victorious by around 6
I would have to disagree with u donny baker....Like u I had my doubts about Owsley untill The Smith kid came back......I have seen the owls in action 2 of the 4 games the smith kid has played...one against hazard in which they lost by 8...and smith fouled out with the score 43-44 with almost 4 minuets 2 go.....and they made a good south floyd team look like little leaugers....there is nobody on the jbs team or the 14th region that can guard that kid...He is extremley athletic..plays team ball and scores at will...I wouldnt be suprised if owl fans sing the good bye song across court wed night!
"hazarddogfan" Wrote:I would have to disagree with u donny baker....Like u I had my doubts about Owsley untill The Smith kid came back......I have seen the owls in action 2 of the 4 games the smith kid has played...one against hazard in which they lost by 8...and smith fouled out with the score 43-44 with almost 4 minuets 2 go.....and they made a good south floyd team look like little leaugers....there is nobody on the jbs team or the 14th region that can guard that kid...He is extremley athletic..plays team ball and scores at will...I wouldnt be suprised if owl fans sing the good bye song across court wed night!

I agree that Smith is a player, and if Neeley and him are on there tough to beat and they've proven that here recently I don't see any team in the 56th or the 14th wanting to meet up with them, i'm just afreaid that JBS may be a little better prepared than the Owls will be. I hope not but it is possible if the Owls continue to play a zone they've got to hope for an off shooting night from Cox and contain Stepps penetrating, alah if they go man JBS will spread the floor and let Stepp rack everyone. Owsley has proved they can't play man to man. On the other hand if JBS zones the Owls which I doubt they will the same thing could happen to them that happened to SF down 18 at the end of 1, if they play man Smith can go off just as easy as Stepp can. I look for the difference in this game to be how much Congleton contributes compared to JBS's other players.
Owsley in the upset by 4
Owsley is decent and has home floor advantage, but I pick June Buchanan. I am saying Cox has a big game from 3-pt. land, and the Crusaders defeat the Owls 75-61.
I think it will be a close one tonight in the owls nest. If Owsley is able to keep there composure they should be able to walk away with the W tonight. I havent seen JBS play any this year but from what I hear they are a good solid team. I cant wait to hear the results for this game.