Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL making a return to sunny L.A.?
It has been a hot topic here lately. L.A. is the U.S.'s second largest market and it does not have an NFL team. Yes there have been two previous franchises there (Rams and Raiders) and the Charges did play their first season there, I think the city is poised for a comeback.
There are currently two proposals for stadiums. One is in downtown and the other is outside of L.A. in Industry, CA. You can see artisit reditions of both on Wikipedia.
I like the downtown idea. Next to the Staples Center, in downtown, really close to everything L.A.

What do you guys think?
A team in LA good bring BIG money to the NFL. LA fans love their sport teams even if it's the Clippers or the Dodgers.
HawksRule Wrote:A team in LA good bring BIG money to the NFL. LA fans love their sport teams even if it's the Clippers or the Dodgers.

LA has had two NFL teams. The operative word is "HAD". LA does not support the NFL. The Raiders did well with attendance until all those who attended started complaining of making the drive from the Bay area. The Raiders fans did not come from LA. LA would help the NFL television market, but it will not get fan support.
Stardust Wrote:LA has had two NFL teams. The operative word is "HAD". LA does not support the NFL. The Raiders did well with attendance until all those who attended started complaining of making the drive from the Bay area. The Raiders fans did not come from LA. LA would help the NFL television market, but it will not get fan support.
If they win they will. L.A. supports winners. The Clippers would sellout every game if they was as good as the Lakers.
The L.A. Raiders and the L.A. Rams were good. Both were Super Bowl contending teams in that city. Did the Raiders win a Super Bowl in L.A? I think they did but I can't remember. I know the Raiders and Rams at least went to one each.
LWC Wrote:The L.A. Raiders and the L.A. Rams were good. Both were Super Bowl contending teams in that city. Did the Raiders win a Super Bowl in L.A? I think they did but I can't remember. I know the Raiders and Rams at least went to one each.

Yes. I believe it was SB 18.
LA is a basketball minded city, but I wouldn't see an NFL team flopping in LA.
It would automatically make more money than half the teams in the NFL just because it's in LA, and if they started winning they could be one of the richest.
The only thing is you already have Oakland and San Diego....does Cali have the fanbase to support 3 at once?
Amun-Ra Wrote:If they win they will. L.A. supports winners. The Clippers would sellout every game if they was as good as the Lakers.

Then you do not recall the LA Rams and the miserable attendance figures during their playoff and Super Bowl years.
Stardust Wrote:Then you do not recall the LA Rams and the miserable attendance figures during their playoff and Super Bowl years.

It's a new age Stardust. LA loves their sports I can see them supporting a good team and fans showing up to all the games.
I believe they were talking about how this "wasn't" going to happen on ESPN yesterday.
zaga_fan Wrote:LA is a basketball minded city, but I wouldn't see an NFL team flopping in LA.
It would automatically make more money than half the teams in the NFL just because it's in LA, and if they started winning they could be one of the richest.
The only thing is you already have Oakland and San Diego....does Cali have the fanbase to support 3 at once?

New York has two teams in the same city let alone the one in Buffalo. If they can do it I dont see why not.
zaga_fan Wrote:LA is a basketball minded city, but I wouldn't see an NFL team flopping in LA.
There are 3 teams in California already. San Francisco, Oakland and San Diego. A new team in L.A. would be the fourth.