Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OVC (Small Schools) Brackets
I tried to put the brackets up but it says the file is to big. so here it is

7th grade: #1 seed Lewis will play the winner of seeds#4&5 which is Raceland and Wurtland-this game is 2/5 at 3:00pm@ Fairview High School. the winner will play#1 seed Lewis on 2/8@Elliott Co. at 6:30pm
the #2 seed Elliott wil lplay the #7 seed Fairivew at 10:00am on 2/5 at Elliott Co. #3 seed McKell will take on #6 weed West Carter on2/5 at 12:30 @ Elliott Co. those two winners will play on 2/8 at 7:45 at Elliott Co.
The 7th grade final will be on 2/12 at 1:00pm at Elliott Co.

8th Grade:#1 seed Elliott will play the winner of seeds #4&5 Fairview and Wurtland- this game is 2/5 @ 4:15pm at Fairview High School. The winner will play #1 seed Elliott on 2/10 @ Elliott at 6:30. The #2 seed Lewis Co. will play the # 7 seed McKell on 2/5 at 11:15am @ Elliott Co. the #3 seed Raceland will play number #6 seed West Carter at 1:45pm at Elliott Co. the finals will be on 2/12 @ 2:15pm at Elliott Co.
8th grade update- Elliott moved on with a BYE, Fairview defeated Wurtland yesterday so they move up to play Elliott at Elliott on Thursday. Lewis defeated McKell and Raceland defeated West Carter. So now Lewis and Raceland play at Elliott on Thursday after Elliott and Fairview.
7th grade
Lewis will play Racleland and Elliott will play McKell in the semis on Tuesday weather permitting.
The Lewis 7th grade team is really good! With only two losses all year. One to Mason and one to Wurtland. The Lions 8th grade are good as well, but I think everybody is playing second fiddle to Elliott in the 8th grade.
Small school 7th grade semis will be played tonight at Elliott. Lewis will play Raceland at 6:00 followed by McKell v. Elliott.
In tonight's 7th grade semis it was Lewis Co. 31 Raceland 21 and Elliott Co. 54 McKell 52. Lewis will play Elliott in the finals on Sat. at 1:00pm at Elliott Co.
8th grade semis for tonight have been postponed. Will be played on Sat. 2/12 with Elliott playing Fairview at 1:00 followed by Lewis and Raceland. The championships will now be on Wed. 2/16 7th grade finals at 6:00 followed by the 8th grade finals at 7:15.
In today's 8th grade semis it was #1 seed Elliott over #4 seed Fairview 57-24 and #2 seed Lewis defeated #3 seed Raceland 52 to 34. The finals on Wed. 2/16 will have Elliott v. Lewis in both 7th and 8th grades. The 7th grade game will be at 6:00pm followed by the 8th grade game at 7:15. Should be two good games.
In tonight's OVC small school championships. Elliott Co. defeated Lewis Co. in the 7th grade 48-28. Elliott also defeated Lewis in the 8th grade final 56-46. Congrats to Elliott on the sweep.
16BBall Fan Wrote:In tonight's OVC small school championships. Elliott Co. defeated Lewis Co. in the 7th grade 48-28. Elliott also defeated Lewis in the 8th grade final 56-46. Congrats to Elliott on the sweep.

I think if the 16th doesnt do away with the small and big school conf. then they should take the winners of each tournaments and play overall winner 7th & 8th, what do you all think?
We have tried to do that before with weather and other factors just couldn't work it out. Games this year would be fairly close but the large schools would win Boyd by 8-10+ and Ironton 15+.IMO
Does the Baker kids transfering make that big a difference and Irontons 8th pretty good?
Boyd's 7th was a solid team before he transferred in and his addition pushed them just over the top of the other upper tier 7th grade teams. He was also a factor in the rotation on the 8th grade team.

I had heard last summer during AAU ball Ironton was keeping back a few players in 8th this year. Not sure if it happened, we didn't play them this year. I saw some of their players last summer and they were solid.