Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike County's MVP & Floyd County's MVP
A Team Only. Thoughts?
There are some real good players in Floyd County and it would be a tough decision, but depending on the tournament results I think that it would be Peyton Case.
Floyd County has a lot of good players I agree.....It would be unfair to say who the MVP is for a team. Because to me, sometimes the MVP is not just the player who scores the most points. But if there were to be one, I would say Peyton Case.....As far as each team's MVP goes....

Adams....Frasure
Allen Central.....Tyler Halbert
Allen........Tibbs
Betsy Layne......Case
South Floyd.......Big Mac
Stumbo.......Tackett
Wesley...... Kidd

These players will all be missed next year, as they move on to High School. I would say that Floyd County will be more wide open next year than ever before. South Floyd should be the favorite, with Allen Central next, followed by Allen and Betsy Layne. Adams, will be down, but look for them to be right there in the end, and depending on what kids Coach Jarrell recruits to Wesley, they could make some noise to, especially with the big Hall kid. And I just noticed that I said all these players will be missed, but Frasure is a 7th grader I think.
I think Frasure is just in the 7th grade if I'm not mistaking.
bigperm47 Wrote:I think Frasure is just in the 7th grade if I'm not mistaking.

Yes he's a 7th grader, I think Adams will have C. Jarrell, J. Ray, S.Marcum, and Frasure returning next year.
What is your opinions on the top 5 players in floyd and pike co.
Don't overlook Andrew Tackett at South Floyd For Floyd County MVP. He is the best all around player I have seen in awhile.
I won't comment on the 5 best in floyd county because people will believe i'm being biased, but in pike county i would say...

dalton richardson (virgie)
andrew newsome (virgie)
michael fields (elkhorn city)
christain hagy (feds creek)
zach huffman (dorton)
Pike County's should be Dalton Richardson based on talent. But that is just my opinion feel free to disagree.
The best player in Pike county 8th grade Cameron Justice without a doubt.
Won't argue one bit that Cameron is the best player in Pike County but he did not play grade school ball at all this year, so he wouldn't be up for this.
top 5 players in Floyd co.
1. Peyton case (BL)
2. Braxton Tibbs (Allen)
3. Jared jarell (Adams)
4. Matt Kidd (westly)
5. Mason Nelson (Allen central)

And I got these results from tourney ONLY!!
So if ur name isn't on here please don't get upset
Your 5 best players in Floyd County looking back at this season were...

1.Peyton Case (Betsy Layne)
2.Jarrod Jarrell (Adams)
3.Dustin Rogers (Betsy Layne)
4.Dalton Frazier (Adams)
5.Braxton Tibbs (Allen)

Also, after watching the state tournament, Andrew Newsome was in my opinion was the mvp of pike county.
bball fan... I agree with you.... If we did top ten.. I would throw in Nelson from AC, Tackett from SF, Hall from Adams, Lawson from AC and Daniels from BL.

"paintsville parent" :please: maybe you were at too many of the paintsville games to get it right..lol... Even if you were pretending you based in on the tournament performances, you still didn't get it right.. You can't possibly back up your post with stats from the tournament....
Pike County's best 8th grade player that actually played ball their 8th grade year- Dalton Richardson.
Pike County's best 8th grade player regardless of whether or not they played ball their 8th grade year- Dalton Richardson.

I've read before on BGR about Richardson's talent and skills to be able to play both middle school and high school ball, and at that he is a strong player for both.
You can't deny that he has an athleticism that is unmatched and a love for ball that is humbling.
1. Peyton case (BL) there's no doubt that he is the best player in the county
2. Braxton Tibbs (Allen) he may not be a top 3 player but he hustles and can finish and as we can see from the besty layne game he doesn't give up
3. Jarred jerrel (Adams) was the leader of this Adams ball club and was a major asset to this Adams team
4. Matt kidd (westly) is a good player but u may b correct that he is not a top five player in the county
5. Mason Nelson (AC) put forth a GREAT effort in this tourney, hustled the whole game and had a little run in the forth with 8 pts in 30 seconds