Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something I thought could be interesting.
During the Kennedy presidency, he supposedly put someone on the moon. Now since then we have had ginormous advances in technology. Why haven't we put someone back since? Now my question is do you think we have really landed on the moon before?
Another argument is, people say they see the flag flapping when it was stuck on the surface. Now being that there is no gravity on the moon, the flag shouldn't flap.

What are your thoughts?
I thought the flag was stiff and was supposed to look like it was flapping, maybe not though.
But yes, I think we have landed on the moon before.
When I saw it I thought it looked stiff myself. But I don't know. I know that America was in a race with Russia to get to the moon. So who's to say that they didn't stage it all?
Ok, first of all we landed on the moon in 1969, I'm pretty sure Kennedy died before then. Therefore, it would be hard for him to put someone on the moon while dead. Second, the Moon DOES have gravity. If it didn't the astronauts would float off into space. ALSO, there are such things as solar winds. AND, did you ever think that the flag may have been waving because it was being put in the ground at that time??? It would've waved as a result of him shaking the pole while putting it in the ground. All those clips you see on MTV of the flag waving behind him are not the original film. The flag is doctored to wave in those. I hate hearing this argument, and every few months I hear it again and have to say these same things. The only reason we have not gone back is because there is no reason. Why waste SOOO much money just to go to a place where no more research or exploration can be done. We already know what the moon is like and there is no need to go back just to humor people.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Ok, first of all we landed on the moon in 1969, I'm pretty sure Kennedy died before then. Therefore, it would be hard for him to put someone on the moon while dead. Second, the Moon DOES have gravity. If it didn't the astronauts would float off into space. ALSO, there are such things as solar winds. AND, did you ever think that the flag may have been waving because it was being put in the ground at that time??? It would've waved as a result of him shaking the pole while putting it in the ground. All those clips you see on MTV of the flag waving behind him are not the original film. The flag is doctored to wave in those. I hate hearing this argument, and every few months I hear it again and have to say these same things. The only reason we have not gone back is because there is no reason. Why waste SOOO much money just to go to a place where no more research or exploration can be done. We already know what the moon is like and there is no need to go back just to humor people.

I wasn't alive in 69 and I didn't pay enough attention in history to really care who was president then. So I'm sorry for not getting taht right. I never paid enough attention in science classes to know that there was some gravity on the moon. Actually that's the first time I've ever heard that. So I'm sorry once again. And yes the flag would obviously move while being put in the ground. I myself have never seen the flag so I don't know if it's waving now or not. Sorry again. If you think I'm stupid enough to go by what MtV shows on their slogan then, I'm sorry for possibly leading you in that direction. And I agree why should they waste more money to go back, it would be pointless. But for the sake of random thoughts I thought I would probably get some discussion out of this. I was wrong.. So once again, I must apologize for being ignorant on the situation. And I'm glad you could clear it all up.
I always wondered about this topic also.. I have read many sites on the internet that claim it was a setup to make people think we were more advanced in technology than Soviets.. CTD i think you created an interesting topic.. As we both can see you and CE have different opinions about your feelings toward the topic.. But thats what makes a interesting dicussion. Im interested to hear some other peoples thoughts on this.. Personally I dont know if they did or not.. But i can tell you this, our government is always covering up things from us. I actually believe they keep aliens hidden from us. Maybe Im just watch to much of "unsolved mysterys" ..But everytime I see topics like this it really makes me wonder..
I was just wondering because like you said QQ, the govt. does keep a lot of stuff hidden, and this always struck me as interesting. CE might be right. I just know I wasnt' there so I can't prove nothing. But wouldn't it be crazy if they really didn't land there. Just thought it would be interesting.
Yes it would be! Has any other country ever been to moon?
Not to my knowledge, I don't think so.
Sorry to go off on you CTD. I just get tired of hearing this every few months. I've researched this topic and scientists have found no reason to believe the video we saw to be false. The video actually got things right that no one could have known before without going there. For instance, in several pictures taken of the astronauts on the moon you see no stars, some conspiracy theorists first thought this to be a slip up on the governments part by forgetting to add stars to the backdrop, but scientists have now determined that at that time of day, at that particular place on the moon, the suns rays would've caused a shadow not allowing the stars to be seen. It's little things like that, that no one could possibly know unless they've been to the moon, that make me think there is no way this is a cover-up.
No hard feelings CE, I honestly don't know much about it, just what ya hear every once in a while. But thanx for giving more insight on it. Sometimes ya just sit and wonder what if though.
Either way, it's been a good discussion... Big Grin
Never any hard feelings, just hard words sometimes.Smile
Capricorn One
Is a movie made in 1978 in which Nasa fake a mars mission.
I liked it.
As far as the flag It had a wire to hold it stiff
and the moon has miminal gravity that is why we they weighted boots
And Armstongs golf ball is still traveling.
Very knowledgable CE, not a bad movie Doc. Discussion like this make this site very interesting.
Danke, Showtyme. I've researched this a lot, so I know what I'm talking about..............most most of the time.Smile
CE-you are a little beyond yours years! Anyway, you back up your stuff..good discussion...
I've never sit and wondered about this, but now that I read about it I do wonder. The gov't does hide things from public, but just like CE said, it's hard for them to make everything perfect on that movie had someone not actually been on the moon. As far as knowing about gravity on the moon, I had no idea there was gravity there. I learned something new today. BGR's works for me. Big Grin
BlueGrassGirl Wrote:CE-you are a little beyond yours years! Anyway, you back up your stuff..good discussion...

Thank you, danke schön.

Posted 25 Jan 2005 11:20 am:

I agree that it will get you thinking, but in the end the mistrust of our gov't on issues like the moon, only lead to mistrust of the gov't on other issues.