Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ron Artest on Trade Rumors
Rumors have been going around about Artest demanding a trade.
Here is what Ron told the LA Times.

"No. Definitely not," Artest told The Times after the Lakers practice on Wednesday on whether he wanted to be traded. "I feel good every day. We've got a chance to win multiple championships here...trying to work towards another banner."

More...
Ron may say that, but I think the Lakers are ready to make a move. Magic Johnson all but said the Lakers need to shake things up and make a trade. I think he may have been referring to Bynum, but I'd ship both of them off and bring in a defensive Power forward, and move Gasol to the 5 permanently.
Stardust Wrote:Ron may say that, but I think the Lakers are ready to make a move. Magic Johnson all but said the Lakers need to shake things up and make a trade. I think he may have been referring to Bynum, but I'd ship both of them off and bring in a defensive Power forward, and move Gasol to the 5 permanently.

I would definitely give them both up for some muscle inside.
Who would you think they could get, though?
zaga_fan Wrote:I would definitely give them both up for some muscle inside.
Who would you think they could get, though?

I'm not necessarily thinking a starting power-forward, more likely a 6th man and slide Odom into the starting rotation
Stardust Wrote:I'm not necessarily thinking a starting power-forward, more likely a 6th man and slide Odom into the starting rotation

I say we trade for Carmelo Wink
He's a thug but I'd take him
zaga_fan Wrote:I say we trade for Carmelo Wink
He's a thug but I'd take him

Carmello is holding out for the Heat!
Stardust Wrote:Carmello is holding out for the Heat!

Wouldn't surprise meTongueirateSho
I would trade Ron and Bynum with some draft picks for a PF and PG
zaga_fan Wrote:I would trade Ron and Bynum with some draft picks for a PF and PG

I would trade Bynum for a Basketball Bat!
Not sure how realistic this is but I would like to see Richard (Rip) Hamilton go to the Lakers in some type of deal shipping Ron Artest out.
he is one of the most toxic players in the nba. I say trade him asap
itzAmazing Wrote:Not sure how realistic this is but I would like to see Richard (Rip) Hamilton go to the Lakers in some type of deal shipping Ron Artest out.

That would mean Rip would have to come off the bench. Isn't that what started Rip in his trade tirade a couple of years ago? Rip still believes he can start and he wants a starting players salary. He won't settle for a bench players salary.
itzAmazing Wrote:Not sure how realistic this is but I would like to see Richard (Rip) Hamilton go to the Lakers in some type of deal shipping Ron Artest out.

They was talking about this on PTI.
I've heard new rumors that they are wanting to ship off Bynum and Artest in hopes of aquiring Carmelo Anthony..

My question is, if that was to happen.. How would Kobe handle being the 2nd best man on the team? Wait, he already is compared to Gasol.. hehehe
^I know Carmelo says he won't sign with anyone but the Knicks...
however, I believe a trip down to LA would change his mind Wink
zaga_fan Wrote:^I know Carmelo says he won't sign with anyone but the Knicks...
however, I believe a trip down to LA would change his mind Wink

:Thumbs: :Clap:
Ballers Wrote:I've heard new rumors that they are wanting to ship off Bynum and Artest in hopes of aquiring Carmelo Anthony..

My question is, if that was to happen.. How would Kobe handle being the 2nd best man on the team? Wait, he already is compared to Gasol.. hehehe

The same way he handles comments like the one you just made...
he treats it as the uneducated comment it is...
drops 40 on someone...
and gets another ring Wink
^I can't remember the last time he dropped 40.. can someone help me remember please?
Ballers Wrote:^I can't remember the last time he dropped 40.. can someone help me remember please?

He had 41 against the Celtics about a week ago...lol.
Must have been a really sloppy game for the Celtics!
Not joke though serious question..

Do you think Melo would mesh well with Kobe? They both have pretty big ego's.. Melo is a thug, and he would probably whoop Kobe if he didn't get his shots. What say you LA fans?
Ballers Wrote:Must have been a really sloppy game for the Celtics!
Not joke though serious question..

Do you think Melo would mesh well with Kobe? They both have pretty big ego's.. Melo is a thug, and he would probably whoop Kobe if he didn't get his shots. What say you LA fans?

If Melo wants to come to my team....I'll take him anyday!
I'd take Melo in a heartbeat Wink

I hated Ron Artest before he was a Laker but now I'm fin with him
Melo is a punk.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Melo is a punk.

How?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Ship Artest and Bynum in a trade for Melo. Work on Dwight Howard in the offseason. The Heat couldn't hold a candle to that lineup, not like they can play with them now!!!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=...887288309#

watch that.

Ok, I'll give you that one. LOL
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
We all know Melo is a punk....
but him and Artest are both punks....
it's a fair trade on the punk meter

not on the skill meter though Wink