Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stacey Poole Sitting and Waiting
Aslan Wrote:Stacey Poole was the first commit of the #1 rated class in 2010. He wasn't looked upon as a token addition but possibly a player that could give valuable minutes in the dribble drive motion offense.

Rivals and Scout both agreed that he was a Top 35 player in the 2010 class and had great things to say about his game going into college.

Jerry Meyer of Rivals.com: "Poole is an elite athlete's in regard to explosiveness, strength and body control. He excels at attacking the basket, drawing contact and finishing. An average outside shooter at this point, Poole has promise in this regard based on his touch near the basket on the move. A solid wing ball handler, Poole also has the ability to dominate his position as a defender and rebounder."

John Calipari had this to say about Poole after he signed on the dotted line. "Stacey has the skill set and the work ethic to play well in our system. He's a slasher who can play multiple positions and a defender that is capable of shutting down people. He should earn more playing time as the season progresses."

If Stacey Poole has the work ethic and the skill set to play for Kentucky, then what has went wrong?

Poole was the only player that did not leave the bench yesterday in the loss at Vanderbilt. Polson, Hood, and Vargas all saw time in the game. Poole just set and watched.

The last time Poole saw the floor was in a blowout win vs. LSU. He played 4 minutes and was 0-1 from the field. Stacey has played a total of 42 minutes and in that time is 1-9 from the floor, 8 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 turnover, and 4 total points.

How many recruits in the 2010 class ranked as highly as Stacey Poole has had a more unimpressive season?

The bigger question is what has he done to not deserve minutes over a player like Jarrod Polson who doesn't even have a recruiting profile on Rivals or Scout?

Maybe we will never know why Stacey Poole ever gets off the bench, but it really is perplexing to me since one of the Cats main problems is depth.

If playing time for Poole doesn't change, I don't see any chance of him returning for next season.

Stacey Poole being a Kentucky Wildcat could be in the past after this season, and him transferring could definitely be on the horizon.

http://www.nationofblue.com/stacey-poole...ting-5296/

Who cares the Polson doesn't have a recruiting profile on Scout or Rivals. Does that mean he isn't any good? No. Does the fact that Poole was a Top 35 player mean he is good. No. It's called recruiting and mistakes are made. Rankings are total garbage and what matters is how you play once you get to school. I won't defend Calipari on much but I'll say that if Poole deserves to play, then he'll play.
Ballers Wrote:^Don't know what you mean by Vargas..
Vargas is horrible and he's getting minutes.. Why not Poole?

Would you suggest Poole play Center?

The comparision is not fair.

Vargas is not getting Poole's minutes.

They play different positions.

Sorry to rant, but I hear this over and over and it is crazy to compare the two. When JH gets in foul trouble Vargas has to come in. End of story; Poole is not considered to go in for JH.
Aslan Wrote:Thank you, lol.
I'm just saying, there's a reason Poole was highly rated by scouts coming out of high school, and Polson wasn't even rated.

Ratings mean absolutely nothing when you start playing with the big boys. It's production not ratings that get you minutes. I'm sure if Coach Cal thought he could help this sorry a@@ team he would play him.
3wishes Wrote:Would you suggest Poole play Center?

The comparision is not fair.

Vargas is not getting Poole's minutes.

They play different positions.

Sorry to rant, but I hear this over and over and it is crazy to compare the two. When JH gets in foul trouble Vargas has to come in. End of story; Poole is not considered to go in for JH.

Oh. Well, Poole coming in for Vargas seemed like a good idea to me..
Let's put him at center instead of Harrellson or anyone else.