Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nets reach tentative agreement to acquire Melo
What does the trade consist of? I remember hearing rumor that it would be Carmelo and Billups for Devin Harris and a 1st round pick and more.
i don't know if this trade will go through cause Melo has already said he woudn't sign an Extension unless it is with the Knicks
Nuggets would acquire Devin Harris, Derrick Favors, Troy Murphy, Ben Uzoh, and four 1st round picks.
Nets would acquire Chauncey Billups, Sheldon Williams, Melvin Ely, Renaldo Balkman, and of course Melo.
The Nets have agreed to this? They are crippling their future with the four 1st round picks! I have been one that says get Carmelo at all cost, but that is a little steep. The most I would do is two 1st round and two 2nd round picks.
They would also be giving up two good young players in Favors and Harris. It's all for not though if Melo don't want to sign with them.
There might be 3 players I make that deal for, maybe. Carmelo and his non-existent defense, is not one of them.
I agree. The only players I would consider making that deal for is Lebron & Durrant. Even if the deal does go through the Nets can't make a run, with just Melo and Lopez. Also getting no first round picks for four years will be a killer. It don't make much sense to me, giving up that much.
Aslan, we agree on two of the players, my other is Dwight Howard. Lebron and Howard, I would for sure do the trade, Durant, I would consider it.

Now that I think about it, with the little that New Jersey has, I may not even do it for Jordan. You can't win with just one guy. If Favors stays and it becomes Carmelo, Favors, Billups and Lopez, maybe I trade.

I am too hung up on FOUR FIRST ROUNDERS! I don't make it ever. I might trade 3 first rounders for Lebron or Howard, nobody, ever, for 4.
I agree about Howard as well, he didn't cross my mind at the time of posting it. It would be hard not to make the trade for Durrant as well, he's the best young player in the game. Also the youngest scoring champion ever.
I also agree that the trade their making is not worth it. Melo is only going to sign a three year extension, after that, more than likely he's gone to NYC. They're not going to get any better the time Melo is there either, after trading all there draft picks.
Aslan, I think you give Durrant too much props.

Bottom line....
Carmelo is a thug.
Jay-Z is partial owner of the Nets.
If Jay-Z sits down with Melo he will sign the extension lol
I don't think you give Durrant enough props, what's they're not to love about him? He's leading a relocated franchise and young team to success, and they have a promising future because of him.
I hope this drama is FINALLY over. This is ridiculous that the signing of a professional Basketball player should take on sooooooooooo much drama!

:biggrin:
Melo has met with Knicks Owner according to Reports.
Yeah, we know, you already posted it Smile
Stardust Wrote:I hope this drama is FINALLY over. This is ridiculous that the signing of a professional Basketball player should take on sooooooooooo much drama!

:biggrin:

He didnt bring it on himself like some drama QUEEEN
Wildcatk23 Wrote:He didnt bring it on himself like some drama QUEEEN

Whooooaaa NOW! Don't even go there! That was different. We were talking about a KING before. That is tottttaaalllllllllllly different than just some ordinary basketball player!
Stardust Wrote:Whooooaaa NOW! Don't even go there! That was different. We were talking about a KING before. That is tottttaaalllllllllllly different than just some ordinary basketball player!

Kobe is being traded?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Kobe is being traded?

Kobe, what is that? A Queen?
Stardust Wrote:Kobe, what is that? A Queen?

A mere peasant.
^ Agreed!
Seriously I still don't get how Lebron got the title "King". Media has over hyped him since high school. If he ever wins a few I'll give him props and declare is he worthy of that title, but right now, not even close.
LWC, the reason the Nets have that many 1st round picks in the first place was to go after Carmelo with them. That's the only reason they have them.
If Melo goes to the Nets, kiss his playoff run goodbye for a while.
vundy33 Wrote:LWC, the reason the Nets have that many 1st round picks in the first place was to go after Carmelo with them. That's the only reason they have them.

I understand that but you would figure that 4 1st round picks and all those players would be too much.
Ballers Wrote:If Melo goes to the Nets, kiss his playoff run goodbye for a while.

He does not have a chance to win a championship in Denver with this squad (the same one he has played with for a while now), thus just getting to the playoffs is a simple enough goal. Honestly, if he goes to the Nets, he can help them to the playoffs pretty quickly. The Nets are only 7 wins behind Indiana for the 8th best record (Playoff spot). Carmello is good enough for 7 wins all by himself.