Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colts release Bob Sanders
He has been injured for awhile hasn't he?
^Yes.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
He is a great player when healthy but he never is. Good move by the Colts.
^ Too small to ever be healthy in the NFL. Besides Walter Payton, and no disrespect to Barry Sanders and Steve Smith, but Bob Sanders was the toughest NFL player under 6' to ever play the game.
^I agree 100%. The man was TOUGH! And this was a very understandable move by the Colts.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Stardust Wrote:^ Too small to ever be healthy in the NFL. Besides Walter Payton, and no disrespect to Barry Sanders and Steve Smith, but Bob Sanders was the toughest NFL player under 6' to ever play the game.

You're saying Bob Sanders is tougher than Barry Sanders?
Tougher, ABSOLUTELY! Not even questionable to me! Sanders threw his body at players. He was outweighed in most instances by 50 pounds against running backs and he would blow them up, which is ultimately what has blown up his body. Barry Sanders avoided hits whenever possible. Barry is the greatest running back I have ever watched, and he played hard, but no one can ever say he created contact with the defense.
Stardust Wrote:Tougher, ABSOLUTELY! Not even questionable to me! Sanders threw his body at players. He was outweighed in most instances by 50 pounds against running backs and he would blow them up, which is ultimately what has blown up his body. Barry Sanders avoided hits whenever possible. Barry is the greatest running back I have ever watched, and he played hard, but no one can ever say he created contact with the defense.

I just can't give the nod to Bob.
Correct me if I'm wrong, and I very well could be because I don't follow the Colts at all, but Bob Sanders really only had a couple of good seasons didn't he?
I understand that we aren't talking about who is better between the two, because that would go to Barry every time, but I'm sure in the history of the NFL we could find some more defensive players that just went into games launching themselves at people and ended up getting hurt.
About time he is not that good i like Melvin Bullet better
zaga_fan Wrote:I just can't give the nod to Bob.
Correct me if I'm wrong, and I very well could be because I don't follow the Colts at all, but Bob Sanders really only had a couple of good seasons didn't he?
I understand that we aren't talking about who is better between the two, because that would go to Barry every time, but I'm sure in the history of the NFL we could find some more defensive players that just went into games launching themselves at people and ended up getting hurt.

Not at his size.
Had to be done even though I hate to see him go.
heard Dallas might want him
Anyone signed the hard hitting safety yet?
I love Sanders, but I understand why the Colts had to release him.... A lot of money and don't play many games..
Tailback44 Wrote:Anyone signed the hard hitting safety yet?
can't because of the lockout