Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arkansas 77 - (22) Kentucky 76 (OT)
:yawn:
I have to apologize Dusty. I used to accuse you of being against UK, I now realize you are spot on.

BTW, at least tonight was another nail in Cal's coffin.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Had liggens held on to the ball he had harrelson wide open.

Did u like the foul on liggens when he got teeeeed up?
Should have never come down to that. When you go on the road, your basically down 10-15 points before the game starts. You have to be that much better than them, and UK wasn't tonight.
Stardust Wrote:At least Jimmy Dykes would have drawn up a playConfusedhh:
Yes, he would have. He's an idiot, but his commentary cracks me up. I wish he'd call every UK game.
TheRealVille Wrote:I have to apologize Dusty. I used to accuse you of being against UK, I now realize you are spot on.

Cal is not on the hot seat just yet, but if he don't at least get final fours and beyond soon, then he will be. I can't see this team getting past the second round, the way they play away from Rupp.
The basketball IQ on the court for UK is simply pathetic!

Brandon Knight played a great game I thought and looked like a leader. Miller played another good game, but disappeared almost the entire second half, and there's nothing you can really say about Jones. He makes some good plays here and there, but he also either does something stupid or does absolutely nothing at all. Harrellson played great, or at least I thought so. Liggins & Lamb didn't play very good games, as both weren't all that effective on either end of the court for UK tonight.

Officiating was horrible both ways, as I seen some crazy calls like always in a SEC game. Can't really expect to see a good officiated game in conference.

I honestly don't know what to say about UK's road woe's. This team just doesn't catch any breaks on the road and they do some of the dumbest things and allow teams like Arkansas & Ole Miss to make huge plays at the beginning and the end of these games. But Cal has said many times, this team has to expect every teams best and they've certainly got everyones best so far on the road this season.
TheRealVille Wrote:I have to apologize Dusty. I used to accuse you of being against UK, I now realize you are spot on.

Lol, Cal's coffin? Do you think he's going somewhere?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:The basketball IQ on the court for UK is simply pathetic!

Brandon Knight played a great game I thought and looked like a leader. Miller played another good game, but disappeared almost the entire second half, and there's nothing you can really say about Jones. He makes some good plays here and there, but he also either does something stupid or does absolutely nothing at all. Harrellson played great, or at least I thought so. Liggins & Lamb didn't play very good games, as both weren't all that effective on either end of the court for UK tonight.

Officiating was horrible both ways, as I seen some crazy calls like always in a SEC game. Can't really expect to see a good officiated game in conference.

I honestly don't know what to say about UK's road woe's. This team just doesn't catch any breaks on the road and they do some of the dumbest things and allow teams like Arkansas & Ole Miss to make huge plays at the beginning and the end of these games. But we Cal has said many times, this team has to expect every teams best and they've certainly got everyones best so far on the road this season.

You might be one of the only people on here who has some sense left. Kudos Blackcat.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Lol, Cal's coffin? Do you think he's going somewhere?

He wants the heavenly father himself to come coach.
I still DO think that this team can have a good stretch in the tourney and rip off a couple upsets. However, they are going to start every game in a position were they HAVE show up. I think we can get through the first game as a rather easy win but after that, the cats will play a good team and then great teams. I think we can pull out the second round game as well but it is uphill from the beginning.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Real Badman Wrote:You might be one of the only people on here who has some sense left. Kudos Blackcat.

Real Badman Wrote:He wants the heavenly father himself to come coach.

:Clap: :Thumbs:
Panther Thunder Wrote:Woo Pig Sooie! Absolutely huge win for the Hogs.
:Thumbs: Right on!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
With UK fans it's always the refs!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh the refs where atrocious both ways. Some about crazy calls for and against UK it was just that some where at cruical moments which magnifies things of course. But the refs missed just as many the other way. They called the first half in a completely different manner than the second causing some horrible ball flow and made this game hard to watch. I think at on point in the second half, right after the T on Liggins, there were 4 straight fouls on Ark in the same posession which is downright crazy. So as evident on message boards and other websites alot of fans tend to lean on the refs as a crutch when the team losses but logical thinking goes to show that it did not determine the game.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I just dont see how they can call that play on liggens, call him for a T. But then allow knights arm to get ripped off at the end of the game.

Ark. 7of21 3s UK 3of19 3s and ark. only took 3 more freethrows than uk. For a home team that is a low differential in freethrows. Simple fact UK got out shot from 3 and would have won the game if they drove the ball. They got out coached again. Cal can recruit, and I will leave it at that. WV HUGGINS PROVED THAT. But atleast he can get the # 1 class every year.

I honestly don't know what to say about UK's road woe's. This team just doesn't catch any breaks on the road and they do some of the dumbest things and allow teams like Arkansas & Ole Miss to make huge plays at the beginning and the end of these games. But Cal has said many times, this team has to expect every teams best and they've certainly got everyones best so far on the road this season.

And so far their best has been better than UKs. Just a question , is UK the only team that gets every teams best that they face ? Or do the other top teams have a coach that can coach after the class has signed?
This team can not and will not win close games on the road or on a neutral court. They are to young and nieve and Cal by forcing players such as Orton to the NBA made a huge mistake. Cal can not coach X's and O's and ive said that before he came to Kentucky. Diehard UK fans might as well get use to it because this bunch will be lucky to make it past the first round IMO depending on the match up. I could see them getting beat by a middle of the road Big East or Big Ten team. SEC overall is a disappointment when it comes to basketball. Cal better wise up and not force Knight and/or Lamb to the NBA otherwise youth will kill Cal's Cats for years to come. Apparently Brown did not teach him much when he was in town, then again Brown chocked in close games as well.
MVP2 Wrote:Dam, another road loss. I know only 1.8 secs but I believe we could drawn up something better than that last play. Why not throw it up around to the goal to Jones or Harrellson?

I agree, but also think the last 10 seconds could have been different too.
Most probably won't agree. But I'd rather see Miller take the ball to the lane rather than relying on all these long jumpers when the game is on the line.
The final play made no sense to me. Why draw a play that has you taking a contested 3 pointer when all you need is a layup? I would rather take my chances with a contested layup.
joejoe Wrote:And so far their best has been better than UKs. Just a question , is UK the only team that gets every teams best that they face ? Or do the other top teams have a coach that can coach after the class has signed?

Sure they do, but name me a top college basketball program that lost 4 starters last season and that is doing as well as we are this season.

15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:This team can not and will not win close games on the road or on a neutral court. They are to young and nieve and Cal by forcing players such as Orton to the NBA made a huge mistake. Cal can not coach X's and O's and ive said that before he came to Kentucky. Diehard UK fans might as well get use to it because this bunch will be lucky to make it past the first round IMO depending on the match up. I could see them getting beat by a middle of the road Big East or Big Ten team. SEC overall is a disappointment when it comes to basketball. Cal better wise up and not force Knight and/or Lamb to the NBA otherwise youth will kill Cal's Cats for years to come. Apparently Brown did not teach him much when he was in town, then again Brown chocked in close games as well.

Behind the Big East the SEC may end up having the most teams in the NCAA Tournament.

Kentucky
Florida
Vanderbilt
Tennessee
Alabama
Georgia

It's not as weak as we all first thought going into conference play.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Sure they do, but name me a top college basketball program that lost 4 starters last season and that is doing as well as we are this season.

Behind the Big East the SEC may end up having the most teams in the NCAA Tournament.

Kentucky
Florida
Vanderbilt
Tennessee
Alabama
Georgia

It's not as weak as we all first thought going into conference play.

UF, Tenn, Bama and UGA all beat UK which has really helped out their stock for gaining access into the NCAA tournament. Overall the SEC has beat up on each other all year and IMO will struggle in the tournament. IMO i could careless how many teams from the SEC get into the tournament the determining factor is their performance on the "big stage". IMO they will not fair well. Yet again that is IMO if they do succedd come march maddness I have no problem admiting I was wrong. However, for now the SEC this year has not provided teams that in my eyes will compete well on a neutral court against the toughest competition.
The only reason the SEC will get any more than 2 teams in the Tourney is because no one is good enough to consistently beat anyone so they all just look "okay"

Without Miller's 3, there would have been no overtime......
Real Badman Wrote:He wants the Heavenly Father himself to come coach.

I hate to be the one to bring this to your attention, but some of you would still complain! Confusedhh:
Real Badman Wrote:He wants the heavenly father himself to come coach.
If you knew me very well, you would have never said this.:biggrin: Good one though.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Sure they do, but name me a top college basketball program that lost 4 starters last season and that is doing as well as we are this season.

Maybe my opinion was a little harsh and not written the way I meant it. At Rupp, they look like a really good team. But IMO Cal has to show that he has his team ready to win on the road in the last few minutes. Duke lost 3, and their top recruit is hurt. But they were able to get Smith and Singler to stay. IMO thats what Cal has to do, get great players to stay for their Jr. or Sr. years.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote::lmao:

And just how is WVU's season working out for you?

It's amaing how a school can win one "every blind squirrel can find an acorn every now and then" game and all of a sudden they are the next UCLA dynasty. Go back up to them thar hills and come back down when WVU acutally wins something.
joejoe Wrote:Maybe my opinion was a little harsh and not written the way I meant it. At Rupp, they look like a really good team. But IMO Cal has to show that he has his team ready to win on the road in the last few minutes. Duke lost 3, and their top recruit is hurt. But they were able to get Smith and Singler to stay. IMO thats what Cal has to do, get great players to stay for their Jr. or Sr. years.

How about their sophmore years joejoe
Brandon Knight really looked like a leader last night. But UK's defensive rebounding was atrocious and just too many mental errors on that end of the floor to win.
I get tickled if anyone thinks cal is even close to a hot seat....its hard to take a young team without a big man on the road
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:UF, Tenn, Bama and UGA all beat UK which has really helped out their stock for gaining access into the NCAA tournament. Overall the SEC has beat up on each other all year and IMO will struggle in the tournament. IMO i could careless how many teams from the SEC get into the tournament the determining factor is their performance on the "big stage". IMO they will not fair well. Yet again that is IMO if they do succedd come march maddness I have no problem admiting I was wrong. However, for now the SEC this year has not provided teams that in my eyes will compete well on a neutral court against the toughest competition.

You may very well be right, but the teams from the SEC that may make the NCAA Tournament have some nice out of conference wins, including Tennessee who beat Pitt & Villanova, Florida beat Kansas State, Vandy beat UNC, and UK has wins over Notre Dame & Washington. Alabama has some very bad losses, but they where the only team in the SEC West that could take advantage of how weak it is and pull a few upsets to be worthy of a NCAA Tournament bid.