Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10th Region
Who are the top 5 teams to look out for this season??
In no particular order:

Clark
Montgomery
Brossart
Harrison
Bracken, maybe??

It all starts with Clark though, defending champs.
i agree with you on the most part but would have to think Brossart would be the favorite.

Brossart
Montgomery
Clark
Harrison
Scott
Montgomery and Clark are 1 and 2, in no particular order. Montgomery returns a good nucleus back with Charles pitching, and several really good hitters. They lost an excellent pitcher in Compton and their 3rd baseman Moala. Clark Co has five seniors with three of them starting since 8th grade and having played in three state tourneys in five yrs, and the other two srs have started since their freshmen yrs. They to lost two good srs in Woosley and Jones. Clark Co pitcher Haggard is one of the best players in the 10th region. Brossart is a close 3rd with the left handed pitcher Miller and a good core of players with her. Other teams good in no particular order are Harrison Co, Scott High, and Bracken Co.
Otis, you do have to realize Clark has a new coach and he is very young from what I here. Don't know him personally but he has a lot on his plate being first year coach and losing two good players like you said.
Not sure about the new coach but believe Otis has it nailed on the 10th.

Mont/Clark
Brossart
Bourbon
Bracken
Ball 1 Wrote:Otis, you do have to realize Clark has a new coach and he is very young from what I here. Don't know him personally but he has a lot on his plate being first year coach and losing two good players like you said.

True that this is GRC's coach (Matt Puckett) first year as head softball coach "officially" he in theory had been running the program for McCloud for the past few yrs, as McCloud let him run the practices, etc. Also, he has coached the majority of these girls in summer travel ball for almost 5 years and has won several prestigious tournaments with them. Puckett knows the game inside and out and no one will out work him or his team. Before coming to the softball program five yrs ago, he was a baseball assistant at Clark Co for 6 yrs. Plenty of experience to me. It will be a fun year in the 10th region for sure. Good luck to all teams!
This will indeed be a fun year in the 10th Otis. I am looking forward to seeing Clark and Brossart play this season and it could be another early season rematch in the Johnson Central Tournament this year, if my memory serves me correctly Clark prevailed with the win last year. Also, Clark and Montgomery will always be a good match up. Looking forward to seeing this Puckett kid in action, new blood and young blood at that!!!!!!!!!:popcorn:
I looked back at last years schedules for Clark and Brossart and they did play in the Jihnson Central tourney and in the 10th region tournament first round with Clark winning both. They are again in the Johnson Central tourney together this year and could meet in that tournament depending on pool play. As for this Puckett kid (new blood and young blood), he might have tiger blood and be a bi-winner!! lol
The biggest question in the 10th will be who comes out of the 40th!?!?!? You have Charles from Montgomery, Haggard from Clark and Wagner from Bourbon. All three of those young ladies throw the ball hard and hit spots, if a team is not hitting that day there could be an upset. Look for one one of those three teams to make a run in the Region and if the draw goes well the STATE.
Bourbon beat Harrison 11-2 and Bisshop Brossart 7-2 in there scrimmages this past week without there ace pitcher.