Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds sign Rich Aurilia
It's not a blockbuster move, but at least the Reds are trying... or trying to appear that they are trying. He could fill a void at SS though.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/ml...;fext=.jsp
Ahh, maybe. IMO he's a little out of his prime to say the least.

Posted Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:14 am:

Ramon Ortiz if a more valueable asset to the team, and will hopefully stregnthen up the bullpen or rotation, wherever they choose to put him.

And Aurilia signed only a one year minor league contract and a spring practice invitation.
I think its a pretty good move by the Reds
"4leaf" Wrote:Ahh, maybe. IMO he's a little out of his prime to say the least.

Posted Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:14 am:

Ramon Ortiz if a more valueable asset to the team, and will hopefully stregnthen up the bullpen or rotation, wherever they choose to put him.

And Aurilia signed only a one year minor league contract and a spring practice invitation.

He has to compete against Lopez. Aurilia may be past his prime, but Lopez hasn't hit his yet (hopefully), so they're on about the same level IMO. I would have to give the edge to Aurilia due to his experience.
This is a good move by the Reds... I believe this FIRMLY backs up assumptions of Barry Larkin's fantastic career coming to an end the way it started, as a red.
Yea but they just signed him to a one year minor league deal.
Maybe they get some good use from him but I don't expect it.
Me neither, its wasted money that was used to to show general fans that they are trying by signing a player who's name they can recognize.

Thats one long sentence but I hope you can interpret it.
Yes, that sentence is easy for interpretation, Rich Aurilia was an all-star back in his hey-day with the Giants... who knows maybe he can give the reds one good year.
Hopefully, but he isn't actually on the Reds roster. He was signed to a Minor league deal, he has a chance to make the team during spring practice though.