Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Kentucky Drillers First Home Game (TOMORROW FRIDAY FEB 25TH 7:30 PM)
And I think this is awesome. I wish Al Holland and Justin Lamb the best. Both are good people on top of being good athletes.
I thought that the attendence may be a little bit more but hey I think this has been the biggest crowd for all games so far!
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="EKY DRILLERS 1ST HOME TD"]sUaMiejVW0w[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="Jason Conner Pick-Six"]87O6YPLX9zs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="Davin Jones Kick Return"]HcFpxBCEbqs[/YOUTUBE]
Thanks for the videos!! Does anyone have pictures from the game??
[SIZE="4"]
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
lol the WR was offsides on holland's video
I noticed that all night.... I think that they are a little easy on the offside penalties. The WR could run as the snap was being counted and it made for some iffy no calls.
[SIZE="4"]
in arena football receivers are allowed to run during the snap count, and missed field goals that hit the net are allowed to be ran back for touchdowns.
Can't wait to go watch these guys. Looks like a fun time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
When is the next game Im gonna have to go catch it if I dont work.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:When is the next game Im gonna have to go catch it if I dont work.
Saturday March 12th at 7:30 PM vs the Northern Kentucky River Monsters, home of former UK QB Jared Lorenzen.
Lorenzen is the starting QB for the River Monsters. He was the GM but now he has decided to play.
Can David Jones shut down the Hefty Lefty? A match-up I'm looking forward too.
You guys can say what you want. I won't support it because it looks lame as watching paint dry or grass grow. But you can say it will last, but go back and find the EKY Miners threads when they first started and let's compare that to this. No chance this will last. You're only fooling yourselves if you think it will.
Mr. Onion Head Wrote:You guys can say what you want. I won't support it because it looks lame as watching paint dry or grass grow. But you can say it will last, but go back and find the EKY Miners threads when they first started and let's compare that to this. No chance this will last. You're only fooling yourselves if you think it will.
I haven't seen anyone stating that this is going to out last the NFL or anything. It is just fun for Eastern KY to have somehting like this. Having the Miners was good for this area. Yea I guess it is lame compared to the NFL or NBA but it is all we got.
For a place that never has anything going on except Hillbilly Days, I would say it is welcomed.
So again, thank you Debbie Downer.
Amun-Ra Wrote:I haven't seen anyone stating that this is going to out last the NFL or anything. It is just fun for Eastern KY to have somehting like this. Having the Miners was good for this area. Yea I guess it is lame compared to the NFL or NBA but it is all we got.
For a place that never has anything going on except Hillbilly Days, I would say it is welcomed.
So again, thank you Debbie Downer.

Great post :Clap:
Mr. Onion Head Wrote:You guys can say what you want. I won't support it because it looks lame as watching paint dry or grass grow. But you can say it will last, but go back and find the EKY Miners threads when they first started and let's compare that to this. No chance this will last. You're only fooling yourselves if you think it will.

always a negative one in the bunch,lol
i live where there 67,000 and some change,wish we had it here even though we got the college teams to go watch.
With a lock out likely next year. It might be the only pro football we get.
csabo17 Wrote:With a lock out likely next year. It might be the only pro football we get.

Maybe the movie The Replacements will become a reality lol.
Anyone going to the next home game? I am trying to get off work so I can go. I want to see these guys play.
It was a good opener, I hope they keep it up but I have to agree with the first few posts, the crowd will dwindle! People just do not support the good things people try to do around here. The miners couldnt make it and they averaged like 2500 people a game, the eky energy are a favorite to win the ABA championship and they dont get but bout 300-400 at their games. The drillers have a better because its football and the season doesnt conflict with high school sports but it take a big following every game
excellent fan interaction... quality cheerleading... hard-hitting football (2 barrier walls damaged)... high energy players... hopefully a good fan base that will be more familiar with the rules of indoor football as the season goes on.

the lack of direct high school sports should help the team with attendence.

I am a full supporter of the efforts Rick Kranz is putting into making this a successful franchise in a small market.

Go Drillers! :Thumbs: