Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you prefer your steak?
Real Badman Wrote:Where have you been all my life?

LOL, What do you mean?
Medium-well most of the time, others medium-rare. Gotta have my A1 with it.
TheDarkLord Wrote:Medium-well most of the time, others medium-rare. Gotta have my A1 with it.

YES!! You gotta have A1 sauce or it just isn't right!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Sure are a lot of people burning their meat around here and slopping over spiced ketchup to add moister to make up for the over cooking of it.
Medium RARE! I like to chase it around the plate!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I like mine with a little life left in it.
OffTheHook Wrote:Medium RARE! I like to chase it around the plate!

:Thumbs:

Exactly, its gotta have some juice in it!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Well Done.
leecoukfan Wrote:Exactly, its gotta have some juice in it!!

Cafe On Main in Paintsville has been getting some really GOOD Ribeye and Prime Rib as of late. The last two I have had were DELICIOUS!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I, too am a fan of Morton's, and a big fan of Ruby's Steaks. My favorite Ruby's steak is at his original steakhouse, The Precinct, in Cincinnati. I also love Carlos and Johnny's in Montgomery, Oh. My favorite steaks are the ones I prepare on my Weber Kettle Grill on my deck. I always marinate my steaks in olive oil and the season accordingly. Usually nothing more than packing crushed peppercorns on top before hitting the grill. I like most of my steaks medium but if I'm grilling a 3 in thick filet I get the fire extremely hot then sear both sides for no more than 2 minutes on each side then off the grill.
TinMan Wrote:I, too am a fan of Morton's, and a big fan of Ruby's Steaks. My favorite Ruby's steak is at his original steakhouse, The Precinct, in Cincinnati. I also love Carlos and Johnny's in Montgomery, Oh. My favorite steaks are the ones I prepare on my Weber Kettle Grill on my deck. I always marinate my steaks in olive oil and the season accordingly. Usually nothing more than packing crushed peppercorns on top before hitting the grill. I like most of my steaks medium but if I'm grilling a 3 in thick filet I get the fire extremely hot then sear both sides for no more than 2 minutes on each side then off the grill.

Precinct at one time was the BEST restaurant period. There steak was the absolute best, but the last few times I went, it was after they had changed chefs. I just didn't think it was as good.

Give me an F&N Steakhouse steak for the money. That is where I proposed. Too bad it's closed up Sad
Grilled up some top sirloin filets last night.

What do you guys like to use as a marinade?

I usually just use a quick marinade of Wishbone Italian dressing, a cap of virgin olive oil, Worchestershire sauce, sea salt, crushed black pepper, and a splash of teriyaki. The Italian does a good job of tenderizing the meat and on the whole the marinade isn't too strong so you dont lose the steak's natural flavors.
Stardust Wrote:Precinct at one time was the BEST restaurant period. There steak was the absolute best, but the last few times I went, it was after they had changed chefs. I just didn't think it was as good.

Give me an F&N Steakhouse steak for the money. That is where I proposed. Too bad it's closed up Sad
F&N was a good place but was kind of dumpy toward the end of it's life. Kind of timewarped to the 70's. I don't think even Gordon Ramsay could have saved that place in the end
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Grilled up some top sirloin filets last night.

What do you guys like to use as a marinade?

I usually just use a quick marinade of Wishbone Italian dressing, a cap of virgin olive oil, Worchestershire sauce, sea salt, crushed black pepper, and a splash of teriyaki. The Italian does a good job of tenderizing the meat and on the whole the marinade isn't too strong so you dont lose the steak's natural flavors.

I am now hungry.
As important as how you like to cook it, the most important aspect of a good steak is the meat itself. What's your favorite cut? mines a nice thick cowboy cut ribeye
With my age I have to have it well done, cant take any risk with un cooked meat making me sick.

My best steak is the Porterhouse
nky Wrote:As important as how you like to cook it, the most important aspect of a good steak is the meat itself. What's your favorite cut? mines a nice thick cowboy cut ribeye

Bone In Ribeye as long as it is cooked properly.

Ribeyes have the best marble to them and the most flavor, but a poorly cooked ribeye is worse than a sirloin full of gristle.

Tenderloin is exceptional, but as I said, nothing compares to a perfect ribeye.
leecoukfan Wrote:YES!! You gotta have A1 sauce or it just isn't right!

I love A1 sauce, just not on my steak (which should be medium rare). Finish the steak, then get a nice piece of bread or corn bread with butter all over it, pour some A1 into the steak juices on the plate, mix them together, mop the mix up with the bread. Fantastic.

A1 sauce is also good for covering the taste of liver and onions that my wife for some God awful reason likes to make and thinks it's good for me.

You got that right!!!

I like steak just as it is; no marinate. But for cooking roast on the grill, trying using pineapple juice and a little soy sauce. The acid in the fruit juice breaks down some of the elements in the meat and makes it very very tender. You can taste a little sweet, but it's soooo good.

Add fresh corn, and you've dinner!!
I like to soak my steak (usually a ny strip or ribeye) in Worcestershire sauce, a little steak seasoning, onion powder, and seasoning sauce for a couple hours. Do not poke holes or beat the meat lol. Then I heat up the skillet for about 10 minutes or until the bottom is aboutto glow. Throw in some chopped onions and pepper the. Throw the meat on and let it sit for 5 minutes flip once and repeat. I never flip my steak more than once and it usually comes out medium to medium well and juicy as ever.

Now I'm hungry
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
I like to soak my steak (usually a ny strip or ribeye) in Worcestershire sauce, a little steak seasoning, onion powder, and seasoning sauce for a couple hours. Do not poke holes or beat the meat lol. Then I heat up the skillet for about 10 minutes or until the bottom is aboutto glow. Throw in some chopped onions and pepper the. Throw the meat on and let it sit for 5 minutes flip once and repeat. I never flip my steak more than once and it usually comes out medium to medium well and juicy as ever.

Now I'm hungry

Tom is not my friend....

Now I'm hungry

Tom is not my friend....

Now I'm hungry

Tom is not my friend....

Oops. Don't know how that happened

Tom is not my friend....

to paraphrase woody harrelson...

knock off the horns, wipe its *** and put it on my plate. if i wanted well done i would just buy beef jerky.

oddly enough i find logans roadhouse sirloins pretty good here in louisville.
johnnyt Wrote:to paraphrase woody harrelson...

knock off the horns, wipe its *** and put it on my plate. if i wanted well done i would just buy beef jerky.

oddly enough i find logans roadhouse sirloins pretty good here in louisville.

Funny that woody harrelson would say that since he is a vegan and all

Tom is not my friend....

well its a movie line so its a bit different
Oh. Lol

Tom is not my friend....

Medium Rare