Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mr.Baseball
Who's gonna win guys? lets hear some opinions.

AND TRY TO STAY ON TOPIC PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
So you will be pleased.

Chandler Shepard

There you go close the thread.
Commanche Wrote:So you will be pleased.

Chandler Shepard

There you go close the thread.
:Thumbs:
Jackson Lauman - Boone County (University of Cincinnati). Best pure hitter in the state, already with a D1 body. His did is one of the most reknowned MLB scouts in baseball. The Rebels will take the youth that got them to Lexington last year and captilize on it with experience this year.
Shepard - Lawrence County
Shepard, hands down. Got EKY media behind him. That is always an edge.
Chandler signing with UK will surely help his chances of getting the award.
Please tell where all these players are from. Not everyone knows who you are talking about.
adopted purple Wrote:Please tell where all these players are from. Not everyone knows who you are talking about.
Chandler Shepherd-Senior Lawrence County High School-2011 High School All-American -Pitcher signed by UK. Member Connie Mack (2010) World Series Team.
I had two sons play on a national runner-up NABF(2003) World Series team, with one actually pitching the national championship game, but wowzers I never knew that just being a member of such team was a prerequisite to being named Mr. Baseball. Gosh, all they got back in those days was just a dandy looking sweatshirt.:biggrin:

J/K
Commanche Wrote:Chandler signing with UK will surely help his chances of getting the award.

During the Cohen days that may have been an automatic ticket, but with UK being down as they are right now, I'm not sure that's the case. UK may very well end up dead last in the SEC while Louisville is nationaly ranked. I would say that the All American honors may buoy his chances more than any thing. Lets also not forget the great Lawrence Co. hype machine. Nobody can spin a player better than they do.
adopted purple Wrote:Please tell where all these players are from. Not everyone knows who you are talking about.
All these players??? How many different ones are you seeing being mentioned? lol
Joneslab Wrote:Shepard, hands down. Got EKY media behind him. That is always an edge.

I kinda think that he better have the Louisville and the Lexington media behind him more than the EKY media. I'm not so sure that the EKY media is all that influential.
Bob Seger Wrote:I had two sons play on a national runner-up NABF(2003) World Series team, with one actually pitching the national championship game, but wowzers I never knew that just being a member of such team was a prerequisite to being named Mr. Baseball. Gosh, all they got back in those days was just a dandy looking sweatshirt.:biggrin:

J/K

I am sure the 20 wins before he ever reached high school might have something to do with it, or even him breaking the scoreless innings record may play a part. I think sometimes people forget those things because its been a few years, but Shep has been on the scene for a long time. Longer than any other player in the state probably? I know most areas won't even let middle schoolers play up, especially in the Lexington/Louisville areas because they don't know where they'll play high school at? That is an advantage of eastern kentucky. I know he has pitched every big game they have had since he's been in 7th grade, with of course the exception of last season, and the state championship that Cyrus pitched. A Mr. Baseball award for this young man is well deserved!!

I do know that you meant nothing negative by that Seger
I agree Jackson Lauman is a great player. I know him personally. Great kid, Great family. Best of luck to him and shepherd both.

and in my opinion. the media plays a big part. but the best player will recieve the award. stats, team success, and awards will also play a big part. just in my opinion like i said.

what about the boy from st.x? he recently moved in with shepherd as the 1 and 2 ranked players in the state. from what i hear hes a stud. the type of player shepherd is. outfielder who pitches and swings the stick way above a highschool level. matt spalding i think is his name. any thoughts on him?
FiveStar Wrote:I agree Jackson Lauman is a great player. I know him personally. Great kid, Great family. Best of luck to him and shepherd both.

and in my opinion. the media plays a big part. but the best player will recieve the award. stats, team success, and awards will also play a big part. just in my opinion like i said.

what about the boy from st.x? he recently moved in with shepherd as the 1 and 2 ranked players in the state. from what i hear hes a stud. the type of player shepherd is. outfielder who pitches and swings the stick way above a highschool level. matt spalding i think is his name. any thoughts on him?

Spalding is an absolute stud, that is for sure! However, if I were to start a program today my first pick would be Shepherd. He does things Spalding doesn't. I personally think he is just a better all around player, but you are correct Spalding is a stud.
Great post Jackrabbit. im just not as familiar with spalding.
FiveStar Wrote:Great post Jackrabbit. im just not as familiar with spalding.

I am pretty sure Spalding has signed with Western Kentucky along with another St. X pitcher Ian Tompkins who is also going there. Shep will be accompanied by one St. X player in Ryan Loehnert, who has signed with the University of Kentucky. St. X is rediculusly loaded this season.

You never know how it could play out? It could be between Spalding and Shep for Mr. Baseball? Both of them were 2nd Team All-State last season, and they both contribute to their team on the offensive and defensive end? So it may come down to this season's stats and where their respected teams finish at the end of the season?
cody parker jc
^:please: This is why no one takes you guys seriously.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I am sure the 20 wins before he ever reached high school might have something to do with it, or even him breaking the scoreless innings record may play a part. I think sometimes people forget those things because its been a few years, but Shep has been on the scene for a long time. Longer than any other player in the state probably? I know most areas won't even let middle schoolers play up, especially in the Lexington/Louisville areas because they don't know where they'll play high school at? That is an advantage of eastern kentucky. I know he has pitched every big game they have had since he's been in 7th grade, with of course the exception of last season, and the state championship that Cyrus pitched. A Mr. Baseball award for this young man is well deserved!!

I do know that you meant nothing negative by that Seger

No sir, not at all. Honestly all I was doing was just goofing around with my good friend CH. Nothing more, nothing less. Hope nobody took it any other way.
Bob Seger Wrote:No sir, not at all. Honestly all I was doing was just goofing around with my good friend CH. Nothing more, nothing less. Hope nobody took it any other way.
Say Robert ,while in a local business the other day, I heard that you might be interested in donating, T-Shirts for the winnig 15th regional Baseball champions of 2011. I guess my inquiry is with respect the color rather than wheither the rumor is true. I guess my question is do the shirts have to be orange or can they be red?
I see Shep and Spalding neck to neck in this one..
They are both really good and contribute the same amount to their teams its going to be all about the stats at the end of the season..but Im for Shep...Good luck Go Dogs
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Say Robert ,while in a local business the other day, I heard that you might be interested in donating, T-Shirts for the winnig 15th regional Baseball champions of 2011. I guess my inquiry is with respect the color rather than wheither the rumor is true. I guess my question is do the shirts have to be orange or can they be red?

NOW wait a minute...lol.....What about BLUE!!!! :biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Say Robert ,while in a local business the other day, I heard that you might be interested in donating, T-Shirts for the winnig 15th regional Baseball champions of 2011. I guess my inquiry is with respect the color rather than wheither the rumor is true. I guess my question is do the shirts have to be orange or can they be red?

Hey, that'd really be something if Mike Hall pulled it off this year, wouldn't it? :biggrin:
OffTheHook Wrote:NOW wait a minute...lol.....What about BLUE!!!! :biggrin:

So many friends. So many colors!!!.......LOL
Bob Seger Wrote:So many friends. So many colors!!!.......LOL
Ok,:igiveup: Red,white, blue trimmed in black and maroon lettering. Remember there are a lot of red shirts out there and perhaps a better dollar deal:biggrin:
^ That should cover it...lol!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
Once again I see Shep winning..
if LC makes it to the state tournament then he will win hands down.. if not i don't see him winning this award..