Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All of this NFL craziness
As most of you know, the latest news on the NFL/NFLPA negotiations are that there is a 7-day extension from today to get things right.

I have a few questions for you guys:

1.) Do you really think there won't be an NFL season next year?

I have to think there will be. Rodger Goodell is a smart man. There would be a lot of money lost (millions) if the 2011 season was cancelled.

2.) Why do you think this debate has been drug out this far?

I believe this debate has been beat to death and the two parties haven't agreed yet because of two reasons:

- The NFL doesn't want the players to think they have as much power as they really do.

- The NFLPA wants the players to understand that they should/do have power and a say on what goes on.

3.) If the 7-day extension expires and there is still no compromise, then what? No 2011 season?

I highly doubt if this thing drags out longer than the extension that, "It's over. No NFL this year". Like I said earlier, I'm almost certain the NFL will not allow that much money to be lost. That would just be silly. Besides, why would there be a deadline? As far as I know, the NFL works from themself and can do things in their own time table.

4.) If the 2011 season is cancelled, who all on this site would really care?

I know we have a few NFL fans on here who would be upset if this were to take place. I'm not a real NFL fan. I watched three games last year: the conference championship games and the Superbowl. I think it would have a negative impact on the economy if the season were to be cancelled and that is the only reason I want the NFL up and running. For entertainment purposes, I couldn't care what happens.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having said all of that, you true NFL fans will probably be able to tell that I don't know a lot about the situation and am just basing everything on what I've seen on television. If I've understood anything wrongly or am leaving important information out, correct me.
1. They'll agree on something before the season begins. WAY too much money to lose on both sides if they don't.
2. I don't think the rookie salary cap is a big deal, both sides should agree its gotten way out of hand. I biggest factor is the 9 billion dollars and how to share it. I would imagine the players wouldn't approve of the 18 game regular season, without having extended health care of retiring.
3. They will be a season, both sides will lose a ton of money if they're not.
4. Football is the most popular sport in America, I'd imagine a lot of people on here and around the country would be bummed. There's nothing like having three consecutive days of football in the fall. High School on Fridays, College on Saturdays, and then NFL Sundays.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:As most of you know, the latest news on the NFL/NFLPA negotiations are that there is a 7-day extension from today to get things right.

I have a few questions for you guys:

1.) Do you really think there won't be an NFL season next year?

I have to think there will be. Rodger Goodell is a smart man. There would be a lot of money lost (millions) if the 2011 season was cancelled.

2.) Why do you think this debate has been drug out this far?

I believe this debate has been beat to death and the two parties haven't agreed yet because of two reasons:

- The NFL doesn't want the players to think they have as much power as they really do.

- The NFLPA wants the players to understand that they should/do have power and a say on what goes on.

3.) If the 7-day extension expires and there is still no compromise, then what? No 2011 season?

I highly doubt if this thing drags out longer than the extension that, "It's over. No NFL this year". Like I said earlier, I'm almost certain the NFL will not allow that much money to be lost. That would just be silly. Besides, why would there be a deadline? As far as I know, the NFL works from themself and can do things in their own time table.

4.) If the 2011 season is cancelled, who all on this site would really care?

I know we have a few NFL fans on here who would be upset if this were to take place. I'm not a real NFL fan. I watched three games last year: the conference championship games and the Superbowl. I think it would have a negative impact on the economy if the season were to be cancelled and that is the only reason I want the NFL up and running. For entertainment purposes, I couldn't care what happens.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having said all of that, you true NFL fans will probably be able to tell that I don't know a lot about the situation and am just basing everything on what I've seen on television. If I've understood anything wrongly or am leaving important information out, correct me.

You probably know as much as most people on here.
I think there will be a shortened season. I think there will be a 12-14 game season IMO. Like you said Goodell is a smart man and will not allow an entire season to be lost.
If the season is lost, I will be upset. Not because there will be no football on Sundays, I will find something else to entertain myself and I can get my football fix on Saturdays. The thing that will upset me is that billionaire owners trying to stop the football season trying to get another couple billion dollars for their pockets.
its gonna suck if there isn't a Football Season
Strikeout King Wrote:its gonna suck if there isn't a Football Season

There will still be college football to watch
Jarons Wrote:You probably know as much as most people on here.
I think there will be a shortened season. I think there will be a 12-14 game season IMO. Like you said Goodell is a smart man and will not allow an entire season to be lost.
If the season is lost, I will be upset. Not because there will be no football on Sundays, I will find something else to entertain myself and I can get my football fix on Saturdays. The thing that will upset me is that billionaire owners trying to stop the football season trying to get another couple billion dollars for their pockets.

:Thumbs:
The sad part here is that there are thousands of US families struggling to put food on the table and the NFL players and owners can't go without a couple of extra millions.
itzAmazing Wrote:The sad part here is that there are thousands of US families struggling to put food on the table and the NFL players and owners can't go without a couple of extra millions.

Amen!!!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Jarons Wrote:There will still be college football to watch

True, but i like watching NFL too
Aslan Wrote:I wonder how Antonio Cromartie feels about a layoff. He's got to pay childs support to 8 different women.

Lol seriously?
Aslan Wrote:I'm not sure how many, but it's quite a few. 8 seems like the number I heard.

Wow at first I thought it was a joke, but **** I thought he was a corner he should of had played with better coverage. :Thumbs:
HawksRule Wrote:Wow at first I thought it was a joke, but **** I thought he was a corner he should of had played with better coverage. :Thumbs:

:thatsfunn