Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank the 15th Region (pre-season ranking)
Rank the top 10 schools in the 15th region. DO NOT! AND I MEAN DO NOT! TALK ABOUT WHAT SCHOOL WILL WIN, LOSE, AND DO NOT TALK ABOUT INDIVIDUAL PLAYERS, COACHES, OR ANYTHING UNRELATED TO A PRE-SEASON RANKING OF THE 15TH REGION. MAKE YOUR LIST AND BE DONE WITH IT.
I guess I'll be the first to take a shot at this. Here is how I see it:

Lawrence County
Pikeville
Johnson Central
Paintsville
Belfry
Sheldon Clark
Allen Central
Prestonsburg
Magoffin County
Pike County Central

East Ridge
Betsy Layne
Shelby Valley
Phelps
South Floyd
Top three, Pikeville, Lawrence Co, Belfry, followed closely by Paintsville. All will have good pitching, will boil down to who is hitting the ball.
Pikeville
Lawrence
Paintsville
Belfry
JC
Pikeville
Lawrence
JC
Belfry
Paintsville
Magoffin
Sheldon Clark
Prestonsburg
Allen Central
Pike Central
1. Pikeville
2. Lawrence
3. Johnson Central
4. Paintsville
5. Belfry
6. Sheldon Clark
7. Magoffin County
8. Pike Central
9. Prestonsburg
10. East Ridge
1. Lawrence County
2. Pikeville

3. Johnson Central

4. Paintsville
5. Belfry
6. Sheldon Clark

7. Magoffin County
8. Prestonsburg
9. Pike Central
10. Allen Central/
1. Pikeville
2. Lawrence
3. Johnson Central
4. Belfry
5. Paintsville
6. Sheldon Clark
7. East Ridge
8. Prestonsburg
9. Pike Central
10. Allen Central
Panther Thunder Wrote:1. Lawrence County
2. Pikeville

3. Johnson Central

4. Paintsville
5. Belfry
6. Sheldon Clark

7. Magoffin County
8. Prestonsburg
9. Pike Central
10. Allen Central/

Looks good PT
2. Pikeville

3. Johnson Central

4. Paintsville
5. Belfry
6. Sheldon Clark

7. Magoffin County
8. Prestonsburg
9. Pike Central
10. Allen Central/

^ This looks good to me.
How (just curious here) is JC ranked above Belfry when it was Belfry who defeated JC out of the regional tourney last year? Belfry is loaded once again and will have a good team regardless of what many may think!!! Smile

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
phs1986 Wrote:How (just curious here) is JC ranked above Belfry when it was Belfry who defeated JC out of the regional tourney last year? Belfry is loaded once again and will have a good team regardless of what many may think!!! Smile

You know one guy who knows you guys are still loaded..lol.

I think everyone can agree, that Pike and LC are the 1&2, and that one could flip back and forth all season.
and IMO, I'm not going to pick, and you know why M...lol. But, I will say that 3-5 and in NO particular order are:
BHS/PHS/JC

and like I said above, "that one could flip back and forth all season".

I will also say that, on any given night....3-5 could beat 1&2.
I feel this baseball season could resemble this basketball season. Should make for a pretty competitive season.

I can't wait!!!!!

See ya at the field PHS1986!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
phs1986 Wrote:How (just curious here) is JC ranked above Belfry when it was Belfry who defeated JC out of the regional tourney last year? Belfry is loaded once again and will have a good team regardless of what many may think!!! Smile

It's not that these rankings are set in stone, it's people's opinion. That was stated in the very first post. You did state, that was last year also....lol. Agree with 'Hook though, Pikeville should be first since they are the defending champions but 3-5 is about as even as they can get.
IRISH4 Wrote:It's not that these rankings are set in stone, it's people's opinion. That was stated in the very first post. You did state, that was last year also....lol. Agree with 'Hook though, Pikeville should be first since they are the defending champions but 3-5 is about as even as they can get.

OH, I know these are opinions... as I stated, I was just curious!! Smile
OTH, I know you know what I'm talkin about! hahaha.... and YEP, I know why your keepin quiet on part of it! teehee... Smile
Can't wait to see you guys!!! Good luck on the upcoming season!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
As always, PT throws it down the best.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I think those 3-5 spots are going to be very unique come tourny time? It will come down to the draw. Obviously a 57th team wont see each other until the finals, so most likely your looking at playing a Belfry team in the semi's, and that is not a push over game? Same goes for Pikeville, they could possibly see the lefty from Painstville or a very good coached JC team in which they'll have to throw their best to make it to the finals? So then who wins? If you take Shep off the mound for LC and you take Pikeville's ace off the mound, who then has the edge? I personally would give the edge to Pikeville, and I know LC is going to love this reasoning, but it's because of Burton. Burton against LC's #2 or #3 will be Pikeville's game to loose. I don't think LC can put up enough offense against Pikeville's #2 and #3 pitchers for them to take that game? That's just my opinion though, but I think to say LC will win because of Shep is a little "jumping the gun," because I personally don't see LC being able to hold Shep for 3 games until the finals. Then what happens if Pikeville/LC play in the semi-finals? Then your looking at Paintsville or JC having a shot at winning the region this year, or even Belfry for that matter. I think they'll be a lot more variables that's going to be in play than what people realize?
^ I agree 100%! Very well said!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I think those 3-5 spots are going to be very unique come tourny time? It will come down to the draw. Obviously a 57th team wont see each other until the finals, so most likely your looking at playing a Belfry team in the semi's, and that is not a push over game? Same goes for Pikeville, they could possibly see the lefty from Painstville or a very good coached JC team in which they'll have to throw their best to make it to the finals? So then who wins? If you take Shep off the mound for LC and you take Pikeville's ace off the mound, who then has the edge? I personally would give the edge to Pikeville, and I know LC is going to love this reasoning, but it's because of Burton. Burton against LC's #2 or #3 will be Pikeville's game to loose. I don't think LC can put up enough offense against Pikeville's #2 and #3 pitchers for them to take that game? That's just my opinion though, but I think to say LC will win because of Shep is a little "jumping the gun," because I personally don't see LC being able to hold Shep for 3 games until the finals. Then what happens if Pikeville/LC play in the semi-finals? Then your looking at Paintsville or JC having a shot at winning the region this year, or even Belfry for that matter. I think they'll be a lot more variables that's going to be in play than what people realize?
JRS am I reading that you hold Burton to be the #2 for Pikeville? Secondly would you hold that Moore whould be the #2 for L.C.? Now I believe that my real question would be this, In your hypothesis would Pikeville win due to defense/pitching of Burton or offense/ hitting of Moore by pikeville.

2. Pikeville

3. Johnson Central

4. Paintsville
5. Belfry
6. Sheldon Clark

7. Magoffin County
8. Prestonsburg
9. Pike Central
10. Allen Central/

LC and pikeville are by far the best.
edge given to LC
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:JRS am I reading that you hold Burton to be the #2 for Pikeville? Secondly would you hold that Moore whould be the #2 for L.C.? Now I believe that my real question would be this, In your hypothesis would Pikeville win due to defense/pitching of Burton or offense/ hitting of Moore by pikeville.

Burton is the second best pitcher on that staff, i think anyway? They have an ace and until somebody can legitamately take that away from him then Burton will be a solid #2. What I am saying is depending on the draw we may not see LC's #1 or #2 against Pikeville. They may very well have to burn them to get to the finals. Their offense will not be as strong as years past so the luxury of saving people may not be an option for them? Pikeville has the fire power to definetely blow some people out, and if they can do that in the first round and save one of their top 2, they would have the edge. Personally, I think based on offensively and defensively that Pikeville is the better team in that match up. However, when you throw Shep on the mound, he can single handily beat anybody. It's really going to come down to the draw I think?

I am not sure what your question was asking? If that doesn't clear it up let me know and i'll try again?
pikeville is great team. lawrence county is a great team. it will be a great series and a hard battled rivalry.
with that being said pikeville may beat the dawgs a game, or maybe two games.

BUT IN REGIONALS, DAWGS ALL THE WAY.

burton isnt that great of a pitcher. he threw 3 well pitched games for l.c in his whole career. his walks were almost doubled his strikeouts. and he has no mound presence. he hasnt pitched in any post season game besides last years regional championship only to blow it by giving up 137 runs and what, 2 homeruns? pikeville can have him.

good luck to the kid. hes a good guy and i hope he proves me wrong. cant wait for this series to get going
FiveStar Wrote:pikeville is great team. lawrence county is a great team. it will be a great series and a hard battled rivalry.
with that being said pikeville may beat the dawgs a game, or maybe two games.

BUT IN REGIONALS, DAWGS ALL THE WAY.

burton isnt that great of a pitcher. he threw 3 well pitched games for l.c in his whole career. his walks were almost doubled his strikeouts. and he has no mound presence. he hasnt pitched in any post season game besides last years regional championship only to blow it by giving up 137 runs and what, 2 homeruns? pikeville can have him.

good luck to the kid. hes a good guy and i hope he proves me wrong. cant wait for this series to get going

Yeah, one of the most prestigeous JUCO programs in the country routinely waste their time on kids that "isn't that great of a pitcher" all the time.:eyeroll:

You kids up there are real pieces of work.
1. Pikeville/Lawrence
2. Lawrence/Pikeville

3. Johnson Central
4. Belfry
5. Paintsville
6. Pike Central
7. Prestonsburg
8. Sheldon Clark
9. East Ridge
10. Phelps
Bob Seger Wrote:Yeah, one of the most prestigeous JUCO programs in the country routinely waste their time on kids that "isn't that great of a pitcher" all the time.:eyeroll:

You kids up there are real pieces of work.

Well, he didnt even get a baseball scholorship.
He gets free finacial aid, so they dont have to waste a scholorship.
Im sure he wouldnt be there if that werent the case.
2 years from now, say hello to pikeville college.
doomsday Wrote:Well, he didnt even get a baseball scholorship.
He gets free finacial aid, so they dont have to waste a scholorship.
Im sure he wouldnt be there if that werent the case.
2 years from now, say hello to pikeville college.
:eyeroll:
Ah, here we go. Now the true colors show through. Typical post from yet another Lawrence Co. juvenile delinquent.

Not that there is anything wrong with Pikeville College , but other than Stevie Blevins, name one Lawrence Co. player that has done any better than Pikeville College in the last 5 or 6 years. Must not be too bad since I have a pretty long list of those that did however attend Pikeville College. Pikeville, for the most part, seems to have become the Mecca for Lawrence Co. players of recent years.
Bob Seger Wrote::eyeroll:
Ah, here we go. Now the true colors show through. Typical post from yet another Lawrence Co. juvenile delinquent.

Not that there is anything wrong with Pikeville College , but other than Stevie Blevins, name one Lawrence Co. player that has done any better than Pikeville College in the last 5 or 6 years. Must not be too bad since I have a pretty long list of those that did however attend Pikeville College. Pikeville, for the most part, seems to have become the Mecca for Lawrence Co. players of recent years.

Timmy Hayes
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Timmy Hayes

Chandler Shepherd, Cody Moore, &
Tate Banks will.

Spencer Harris, Eric Parker, Michael Compton.
And I did not say anything bad about Pikeville College (University now)

I was stating thats where he will be because thats what talent level he is on, the same as everyone else around here.

Walter State is a top JUCO school in the nation,
they recruit nationally, name one thing Burton has done? name one good stat he has?
He was number #3 in the roatation here so what makes you think he's going to go to Walters State with the best of the best and do anything.
He has done nothing to prove himself, and to be among the best from all over?

like I previously stated its common sense not knocking him but without the free finacial aid college do you think he would be there? Would you waste a scholorship on him? When there are so many other kids who are proven and much higher on the talent scale to give it to.

Stop being so biased and trying to bash every LC fan. Not all of us try to do nothing but start trouble like most of the people on here lately, which should be ignored because you can base everything of a small group of kids trying to start trouble because they are bored.
doomsday Wrote:And I did not say anything bad about Pikeville College (University now)

I was stating thats where he will be because thats what talent level he is on, the same as everyone else around here.

Walter State is a top JUCO school in the nation,
they recruit nationally, name one thing Burton has done? name one good stat he has?He was number #3 in the roatation here so what makes you think he's going to go to Walters State with the best of the best and do anything.
He has done nothing to prove himself, and to be among the best from all over?

like I previously stated its common sense not knocking him but without the free finacial aid college do you think he would be there? Would you waste a scholorship on him? When there are so many other kids who are proven and much higher on the talent scale to give it to.

Stop being so biased and trying to bash every LC fan. Not all of us try to do nothing but start trouble like most of the people on here lately, which should be ignored because you can base everything of a small group of kids trying to start trouble because they are bored.

I think Walter's State is letting him walk-on based on potential. Sam does have a lot of that. Once he matures on the mound and gains command of his 3 pitches then he could possibly see a good school come knocking on his door in a couple of years, and I think Walter's State sees the same thing? It has nothing to do with any stat that he's put up?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I think Walter's State is letting him walk-on based on potential. Sam does have a lot of that. Once he matures on the mound and gains command of his 3 pitches then he could possibly see a good school come knocking on his door in a couple of years, and I think Walter's State sees the same thing? It has nothing to do with any stat that he's put up?

That was a great post and exactly what I'm saying! thank you!:Clap: