Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coach of the Year
Who do you believe is the coach of the year, right now?

I believe that it is Mike Brey from Notre Dame.

Who do you think?
Rick Barnes-Texas

* I like what Matt Painter has done too, losing Robbie Humbel again isnt easy to replace but yet Painter and the Boilermakers are still winning ball games.
Dave Rose of BYU. I mean they are being considered a #1 seed. BYU really?
Amun-Ra Wrote:Dave Rose of BYU. I mean they are being considered a #1 seed. BYU really?

It could really happen, they were comparing this team to the Memphis team that went to the championship game a few years ago. My question is who have they beat Arizona and SDSU twice that is the only impressive wins I see on their schedule.
MVP2 Wrote:It could really happen, they were comparing this team to the Memphis team that went to the championship game a few years ago. My question is who have they beat Arizona and SDSU twice that is the only impressive wins I see on their schedule.

Bad comparison IMO. Talent wise, that Memphis team was vastly superior to BYU.
As bad as it hates for me to say this, Rick Pitino.

Louisville didn't return a starter from last years team and they're competing for a Big East championship this season.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Dave Rose of BYU. I mean they are being considered a #1 seed. BYU really?

I agree with you completely. This was the first name that popped into my head. For what BYU has done, being the in the position that they are in, Rose is hands down the top choice if they win the Mountain West Tournament.
I think it should be Rick barnes, Dave Rose, or Rick Pitino... In that order.. All those teams have played great this season and wasnt expected too
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
dude who coaches wisconsin could be COY every year.

Probably Pitino though or Barnes
Bo ryan
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Dave Rose, BYU. As for it's schedule, BYU has been tough enough to rise to #1 in the RPI rankings.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Dave Rose, BYU. As for it's schedule, BYU has been tough enough to rise to #1 in the RPI rankings.
How? Thye have played one ranked team and they are form the Mountain West.
Amun-Ra Wrote:How? Thye have played one ranked team and they are form the Mountain West.

Rank Team W L SS Rank RPI
1. Kansas 25 2 .6225 9 .6766
2. San Diego St. 25 1 .5806 33 .6713
3. BYU 24 2 .6062 20 .6711
4. Ohio St. 25 2 .5912 26 .6693
5. Georgetown 21 6 .6487 3 .6627
6. Duke 25 2 .5633 63 .6576
7. Purdue 22 5 .6125 14 .6540
8. Texas 23 4 .6111 16 .6525
9. Pittsburgh 24 3 .5879 27 .6512
10. Notre Dame 21 5 .5832 32 .6389
11. North Carolina 20 6 .6122 15 .6383
12. St. John's 17 9 .6672 1 .6357
13. Florida 21 5 .6152 12 .6346
14. Connecticut 20 6 .6080 19 .6336
15. Arizona 23 4 .5659 59 .6334
16. Kentucky 19 7 .6106 17 .6328
17. Vanderbilt 20 6 .6127 13 .6324
18. Wisconsin 20 6 .5784 37 .6259
19. Utah St. 24 3 .5354 95 .6246
20. George Mason 23 5 .5665 56 .6241
Dave Rose, Billy Donovan, or Rick Pitino.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Amun-Ra Wrote:How? Thye have played one ranked team and they are form the Mountain West.
I didn't create the formula. Whether BYU ends up #1 or #10 in the RPI, their schedule has been good enough to qualify Rose for Coach of the Year consideration.

CBSSports.com RPI
1 Brigham Young
2 Kansas
3 Ohio State
4 San Diego State
5 Duke
6 Purdue
7 Pittsburgh
8 Georgetown
9 Texas
10 Notre Dame
11 Florida
12 North Carolina
13 St. John's
14 Wisconsin
15 Syracuse
16 Kentucky
17 Arizona
18 Utah State
19 West Virginia
20 Connecticut
21 Louisville
22 George Mason
22 Vanderbilt
24 Xavier
25 Kansas State
Not for sure How barnes would get it since he let his team lose a 20 point lead without making any kind of adjustments..

Byu Coach? Played 1 rank team all year? I think thats what it said? And if im correct it was SDSU? And Doesnt he have like one of the best players in the nation? Idk if im sold on them yet... Outstanding team though really... I just dont think they could beat any major team... Duke, Ohio State, Texas,........Louisville!

Rick Pitino has done a outstanding job at UL this year, Amazing turnaround when you think of who he has....

Steve Lavin from St. John’s Is coach of the year IMO, What a turnaround!
Duke, Notre Dame, Connecticut and Georgetown all at MSG.

Mike Brey And Sean Miller Also have done great jobs.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Not for sure How barnes would get it since he let his team lose a 20 point lead without making any kind of adjustments..

Byu Coach? Played 1 rank team all year? I think thats what it said? And if im correct it was SDSU? And Doesnt he have like one of the best players in the nation? Idk if im sold on them yet... Outstanding team though really... I just dont think they could beat any major team... Duke, Ohio State, Texas,........Louisville!

Rick Pitino has done a outstanding job at UL this year, Amazing turnaround when you think of who he has....

Steve Lavin from St. John’s Is coach of the year IMO, What a turnaround!
Duke, Notre Dame, Connecticut and Georgetown all at MSG.

Mike Brey And Sean Miller Also have done great jobs.

Great catch on Steve Lavin, he has done an outstanding job.
Coach Cal.
With losing 5 players to the first round of the NBA draft and having his team playing as well at home as they do....
you couldn't give it to anyone else.
Steve Lavin, St. Johns, I believe that he has done the most incredible job in all of college basketball...
Xavier's Chris Mack
Its gonna go to Steve Lavin
Steve Lavin or Rick Pitino.
zaga_fan Wrote:Coach Cal.
With losing 5 players to the first round of the NBA draft and having his team playing as well at home as they do....
you couldn't give it to anyone else.

Oh, how we just love that sarcasm.

I vote for Dave Rose of BYU or Steve Lavin of St. John's. If I had to guess, I would say Dave Rose gets it because he is coaching the more successful team if you look at the season as a whole.

Still, what Steve Lavin has done is unbelievable. This has nothing to do with him being the potential Coach of the Year, but on top of this season's success Lavin has a top-ranked recruiting class coming in with a five-star and several four-stars.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Oh, how we just love that sarcasm.

I vote for Dave Rose of BYU or Steve Lavin of St. John's. If I had to guess, I would say Dave Rose gets it because he is coaching the more successful team if you look at the season as a whole.

Still, what Steve Lavin has done is unbelievable. This has nothing to do with him being the potential Coach of the Year, but on top of this season's success Lavin has a top-ranked recruiting class coming in with a five-star and several four-stars.

Sarcasm?
Ricky P., Lavin has 12 seniors this year. No one expected Louisville to be close to were they are this year.
ballcrazy Wrote:Ricky P., Lavin has 12 seniors this year. No one expected Louisville to be close to were they are this year.

How many of those seniors have either been to the NCAA tournament or won an NCAA tournament game, ZERO. They may be experienced but not WINNING experience like they are enjoying now.
Mark Few Gonzaga has done well going 21 and 9 with close wins over Santa Clara and a 3 point win over Portland. The loses are to key teams like, San Diego St., San Francisco, Memphis, and a 10 point win over (10-20) Loyola Marymount will put them at the top of the RPI. I dont agree with the RPI having them at number 65. Gonzaga plays in the West Coast Conference which compete for NCAA tourny Championships every year. Playing in this conference their strength of schedule should be better than 91. For Gods sakes Gonzaga went 2-6 against the top 50 teams in the country and 10-0 against teams that are in the RPI 200+. RPI is a joke.
MARK FEW Coach of the year.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Mark Few Gonzaga has done well going 21 and 9 with close wins over Santa Clara and a 3 point win over Portland. The loses are to key teams like, San Diego St., San Francisco, Memphis, and a 10 point win over (10-20) Loyola Marymount will put them at the top of the RPI. I dont agree with the RPI having them at number 65. Gonzaga plays in the West Coast Conference which compete for NCAA tourny Championships every year. Playing in this conference their strength of schedule should be better than 91. For Gods sakes Gonzaga went 2-6 against the top 50 teams in the country and 10-0 against teams that are in the RPI 200+. RPI is a joke.
MARK FEW Coach of the year.

:notworthy