Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middle school baseball state tournament
I was told there's a state tournament for baseball this year. Is this true?
I here now that it might not happen.
It would be a great thing if it did! Personally, I'd like to see football and basketball use same conference / districts as KHSAA
I was told it was going to happen not sure
Who's a contact on this for our Coach to call????
Has anyone heard more about a middle school baseball state tournament?
I wish NKY had Middle School baseball. The baseball is very good in this area, but everyone plays select baseball. I've tried to get our MS AD to put feelers out, but nothing has happened yet.
you can contact southwesterns middle school coach about more info on this
Last year, a guy out of Adair County put together a tournament at the end of the year with teams from all over. I think he is doing it again this year.
can you please provide the tourney info that you are talking about?
I have been in contact with the Adair County coach. He is putting together a semi-state tournament for the weekdend of May 11-12, with the state tournament happening the following weekend.
DON'T INVITE PIKEVILLE......lol.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Who is the contact?
Would be pretty awesome to see something like this happen.
There is a tournament, the sectionals or semis start this friday, An email was sent to all High School Coaches at the first of the year. It is too late to get in this year, but you will need to contact Coach McQuery in Adair County for more info. Sectionals for the Southeast is being held in Martin County at Sheldon Clark's new field. First Game is Friday at 6:00 pm Knott Central vs Johnson Central.
Who is in it....how can it be called a State Tournament if everyone doesn't have an opportunity to participate? Sounds like an invitational tournament.
Everyone did have an opportunity, all high school head coach was emailed the info back in Feb.
In order for it to be a State Tournament, wouldnt you need some type of organization for each region? All regions would have to be represented also. It is more of a nice Inv. Tourny rather than a true state tourney. Many Middle Schools are finishing up their conf. schedules an getting rdy to play conf playoffs. A Middle School State tourny truly wouldnt be feasible do to these factors. There are several teams across the state and regions that arent playing due to conf. play or lack of being informed, that would certainly be some of the top teams participating.
dkrude Wrote:Everyone did have an opportunity, all high school head coach was emailed the info back in Feb.

Don't think so...coaches that do not teach do not have school email addresses. I know of some that were not informed. Furthermore, if it is a middle school tournament, maybe you should consider contacting the middle school coach rather than the high school coaches. It's fine if you want to call it an invitational tournament....just don't go calling it a state tournament. Who gets the proceeds from the tournament anyway?
dkrude Wrote:Everyone did have an opportunity, all high school head coach was emailed the info back in Feb.

Any updates on how the ms baseball went? How many teams & who won? Thanks.
OffTheHook Wrote:DON'T INVITE PIKEVILLE......lol.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.
Cute
Southern Pulaski won the eastern Semi-State held in Inez, Ky over the weekend.

Southern Pulaski 11 - Johnson Central 6
Southern Pulaski 7 - Lawrence County 0
Southern Pulaski 12 - Pikeville 3
Would have been nice to see Allen central in it. They have a 10-0 season on their hands and a very good pitching staff
In case of rain, is there a re-schedule date?
Final 4 teams in the State Tournament play Friday night at Lindsey Wilson College. Meece Middle (Somerset), Muhlenburg Co., Oldham Co., and Pikeville. Pikeville is undefeated on the year and Meece has one loss. I'm not sure about the other 2 teams records.
Would have loved to seen Rockcastle County in this. Never knew anything about it.
SWHS future Wrote:Final 4 teams in the State Tournament play Friday night at Lindsey Wilson College. Meece Middle (Somerset), Muhlenburg Co., Oldham Co., and Pikeville. Pikeville is undefeated on the year and Meece has one loss. I'm not sure about the other 2 teams records.

Hasn't Meece lost to Rockcastle and Pikeville?
jetpilot Wrote:Hasn't Meece lost to Rockcastle and Pikeville?
I don't know? I have not kept up with baseball. I was told this was the final four and Pikeville was undefeated. I think they told me Meece lost to Pikeville and this was their only loss. Meece could have more losses, but I'm not the one to ask.
SWHS future Wrote:I don't know? I have not kept up with baseball. I was told this was the final four and Pikeville was undefeated. I think they told me Meece lost to Pikeville and this was their only loss. Meece could have more losses, but I'm not the one to ask.

Pikeville is def. 30-0 and beat Meece. There is a thread on here stating Rockcastle beat Meece. That is pretty much the extent of what I know. If anyone has the pairings and/or times, please post.
Pikeville v Oldham Co Friday and Meece v Muhlenberg Co Friday Tournament is Double elimination ending on Saturday at Lindsey Wilson