Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the best way to call a Turkey
Can someone give examples of the best way and what they use.
Here turkey, turkey, turkey!
"Johnny Ringo" Wrote:Here turkey, turkey, turkey!

HA HA
That might be considered fighting words.lol SO DRAW!
Johnny Ringo--Causi trouble again I see. I have a few behind my house and they will go from one side of the hill all away around to the other hollering all the way. Curley Bill has it downpat as to how he calls them but it is tough to get it correct.
i like getting on a logging road an calling at every bend an listening for a few minutes
I dunno.....they won't hardly answer their cell phones at all!
You can't! Tubby Smith's number is unlisted!
lol
First you got to put on this big turkey suit "be careful walking with the spurs on"!! Bat you asked for it. LOL

I like a slate call they are easy to use and you can make about any turkey sound you need with them. Someone just starting a box call is alright too. I guess I will have to take you this spring and show ya for you know how I lkie to fish well turkey hunting is second!!!!TongueoliceLig
Mouth calls
a slate call and a fly down cackle is a good way
lol
a box call
mouth calls
there alright if u know how to u them
what i do is the day before i go i find where they roost then near by i make a good spot to hunt for them. that mourning i go close to the spot i made and find a good spot to hide out then i try to call them in with a slate call b/c i find it easier to use. then if nothing happens i go to the spot i made the day before and sit and wait i will only try to call a few times b/c i dont want to scare them away by calling to much.. most of the time if u find where they roost and dont scare them away thats where they will roost for awhile and thats where they come back to every day before dark thats how to kill u one.... i also like to use a mouth call but im not very good at it right now.
I have a custom carr creek double glass call that I wouldnt take a million dollars for...I had it for three years and it has called in SEVERAL turkeys and had 7 killed from it.....I called in 3 jakes on opening day last year and they busted me and I yelped three times on the custom carr creek and here they came back and I killed the first one at 29 yards...later in the season I called in a tom with a 10 1/4 inch beard and killed it also using the custom carr creek...Later on the same season I called a turkey in for my buddy shawn horton during a rain storm with a 10 1/2 inch beard and he killed it once again I was using the custom carr creek glass call....As if it isnt obvious I prefer a glass call...especially if your calling to turkeys that are 75 yards or more away from you....A double reed mouth call if my preference if I know where the turkeys are roosting and get to within 60 yards of there fly down spot...A couple soft yelps and a cluck or two and you should bring that big tom running your way!!!! Good Luck Hunting!!!!
OU_Bruiser Wrote:Mouth calls

Agreed. Less movement, the better.
1 800 frozen food section of your local grocery store. But on the serious side just about any call out on the market today will work in the right sitiution. try to roost some turkey get above them about 100 yard or so out call a few times see if u get any gobbles be very patient some old birds that have been hunted may not gobble much or any at all and if sound sweet enough u just might get lucky.But the main thing is being in the hills or fields early and stay late.P S. if u get 1 in close don,t blink he,ll diappear in a hurry.
Mouth calls.