Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Preview
I know this season is not over but but I am bored so let's hear it !!!
Should be another great year of 15th region basketball for the girls side of things. A some teams lose alot, some lose a little, and some lose very little.
I am gonna close this for now. I will open it back up after the State Tournament.
I know the season isn't over but why close it what is your problem ? we never said anything wrong , it's a legit question this place is getting to quick to close threads over nothing
magoffin co
sheldon clark
pikeville
paintsville
pike central
besty layne
shelby valley
east ridge
johnson central
south floyd
1) Magoffin County
2) Sheldon Clark
3) Paintsville
4) Pikeville
5) Shelby Valley
6) Johnson Central
7) South Floyd
8) East Ridge
9) Pike Central
10) Prestonsburg

Once again, one of the top teams in the region is going to be left out in the cold because they are in the same district.
t4p3r8 Wrote:1) Magoffin County
2) Sheldon Clark
3) Paintsville
4) Pikeville
5) Shelby Valley
6) Johnson Central
7) South Floyd
8) East Ridge
9) Pike Central
10) Prestonsburg

Once again, one of the top teams in the region is going to be left out in the cold because they are in the same district.

I see Johnson Central being above Shelby Valley. Valley will suffer with the loss of Coleman. Central only lost Mollett and Stacy but will return Shepherd and a very good freshman who was playing very well at the end of the season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen - Winston Churchill

1. Magoffin
  2. Paintsville
  3. Shelby Valley
  4. Sheldon Clark
  5. Pikeville
  6. Johnson Central
  7. East Ridge
  8. Betsy Lane
I think it will be Magoffin co. undefeated in region play next year if they work hard over the offseason
No way Valley will be that high!! They lost to much!! They will around 8 or 9!! Pikeville will be very good next year!! Look for Pike Central to be alot better.
The Private Wrote:No way Valley will be that high!!

Hilarious you would say that.
1. Magoffin
2. Paintsville
3. Pikeville
4. Johnson Central
5. Sheldon Clark
6. Lawrence County
7. East Ridge
8. South Floyd
9. Betsy Lane
10. Prestonsburg
Dashiprock Wrote:1. Magoffin
2. Paintsville
3. Pikeville
4. Johnson Central
5. Sheldon Clark
6. Lawrence County
7. East Ridge
8. South Floyd
9. Betsy Lane
10. Prestonsburg

Agree
It's sad that on the last two lists 5 of the top 6 teams are from the same district while some teams play in a 3 team district. JCHS will also return Watson, hopefully healthy.
bump. Don't worry, same thread, I just renamed it to ensure that I would not create another thread and split posts.
IMO with what all teams have lost and what they have coming back.
1a. Paintsville
1b. Maggoffin Co.
3. Sheldon Clark
4. Pikeville
5. Shelby Valley
6. J. C
7. East Ridge
8. Pike Central
9. B.L.
10.Lawrence Co.

It is hard to pick as of now, I think it will depend alot on which younger players improve the most over the off season, but imo the top three teams on my list will be the three best teams in the 15th with Pikeville a pretty solid 4th and you could flip a coin on the other six. I will say this for the next few seasons it will be very competetive in the 15th with most of the schools depending on younger talent as much as they do. :Thumbs:
[quote=2hard2guard]IMO with what all teams have lost and what they have coming back.
1a. Paintsville
1b. Maggoffin Co.
3. Sheldon Clark
4. Pikeville
5. Shelby Valley
6. J. C
7. East Ridge
8. Pike Central
9. B.L.
10.Lawrence Co.

I wonder if Paintsville's shelby carrol will be able to play next season after her knee surgery.