Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville vs. CAL Predictions
Pikeville plays Christian Academy of Louisville on Feb. 2nd for the 1st Round of the All-A State Tournament...What is everyone's predictions?
CAL is 4th in state. Pikeville will give them a game b/c Pikeville has a lot of talent but I don't think the final score wil be all that close..

CAL-68
Pikeville-43
Well....with the way the girls were tlaking today....they don't have a chance....

But I wish them the best of luck.....I'll be there cheering!!!
I think CAL is the favorite to win the whole thing, but hopefully Pikeville can make a game out of it, although I would be very surpirsed if they did.
Pikeville CAN play with the best teams in the state, they proved that to themselves when they went to Owensboro and played close with teams like Henderson County and Apollo. I hope they can come out firing and play like they are capable. Wouldn't this be a great first round upset...
CAL-76
Pikeville-47
"Farva" Wrote:Pikeville CAN play with the best teams in the state, they proved that to themselves when they went to Owensboro and played close with teams like Henderson County and Apollo. I hope they can come out firing and play like they are capable. Wouldn't this be a great first round upset...
If they come out hot like they did against Betsy Layne in the Regional Championship game then anything can happen!!
CAL by 18
CAL by atleast 20
Beef...
So the girls were saying this? I hope they dont go into this game thinking they're already beat! Dont they know that upsets ARE possible. I know this may be a long shot for them, but if they feel this way they might as well stay in Pikeville. From what I hear about the championship they really stepped up and played "unscared" and I hope they continue to play this way because they need to.
I sure hope they don't come out and play like they are scared. If that happens it will get real ugly. But scared or not I'm going to have to take CAL in this one by 15.
Best of luck to the girls though, and if nothin else just go out there and have fun.
Well Pikeville good luck and repersent the 15th well
Not much sense to make the trip if they arent even gonna try. Guess that's what happens when most of the girls arent residents of the area, so much for school pride. Just make them stay home and practice coach, might be the best thing for them.
The way the Panthers played on Monday they could win this game. Just because CAL is 4th in the state doesnt mean that they are unbeatable. I think that they could win this game. Good Luck Coach Halbert and The Lady Panthers.
"Basketballer" Wrote:Well Pikeville good luck and repersent the 15th well
bballer said something good about Pikeville.... :-k
The Panthers are a small team not much height with the exception of Harris, Martell, and Shockey. From what I have heard CAL is a rather tall team. But the Panthers do have a LIGHTS OUT shooting guard system with the Howard twins and Colvin. I think the Panthers stand a good chance in this game.
I'll be there watching it hopefully...if I don't have class! Basketballer, you comin' down to ole Richmond for the tourney??
Well the girls have stepped up a long way all through the season. They went to Louisville and played Waggner and beat them(not sure how much). CAL played Waggner and only beat them by eight. Pikeville has a chance!
GOOD LUCK LADY PANTHERS
I hope Pikeville has a good game is all i can say.

Good Luck Girls

# 12 # 3 # 4
I think the girls will do well if they go down there and PLAY!! They do have a chance..and they know it! CAL only beat Apollo by like 14..and Pikeville beat Apollo by like 30! But who knows what will happen!.. I think itll be a good game & I know ill be there cheering them on! Good luck girls!
Pikeville got beat by Apollo according to KHSAA scoreboard...

But I think watching the guys play this week will show the girls that anything can happen!!! I think they are capable of going down there and making some noise!!
Beef-- yeah sorry about that! i was thinking of some other game. the girls did get beat by apollo-- sorry about that! but i think everyone down in Richmond will be cheering for pikeville since they ARE the major underdog, but i think the girls will give it their best shot! i believe in them!
I'm all behind them ball!!
Well, I am not too impressed with the post play of Pville, but the guards are not to be counted out just yet. CAL is a larger, taller team, but I feel that Pville can stay in the game if they are hitting the majority of their outside shots. They have a great ability to beat a press with their quickness, so this may be their best bet against CAL. The quicker team my prevail. I wish them the best and plan to be there for some of the tourney. It's tourney time, there are no guarantees!
Well lets see i thikn that there is always a chance for a team to win...come on think about it Valley got beat by Sheldon Clark... NO ONE expected that one. So i give pikville its props bring it home GIRLS.
The Howard twins are vastly overrated, they are good players, but not great players, I expect Cal to win by 30
I think this will be the upset of the tourny, especially if you the twins, colvin, and the rest of the pikeville crew comes to play wed afternoon.....Good luck girls...
"phsplyr17" Wrote:I think this will be the upset of the tourny, especially if you the twins, colvin, and the rest of the pikeville crew comes to play wed afternoon.....Good luck girls...
I know this guy ^ and I will be there cheering them on...after a long night the night before... 8)
I really rooting for the Lady Panthers. BUT......Im gonna take CAL by 10. Somehow I think Pikeville will be able to turn this into a close game.
The Lady Panthers are starting to get pumped up for the big game. Everyone in the school is getting ready it is tourny time in Pikeville.