Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 79 -- South Floyd 47
Pikeville won this game eaisly...25-30 points...I don't remember the final score so a little help from someone would be nice!...

The lady panthers shot poor all night but were just too strong to the raiders...

They will play the semi-final game Saturday morning due to the 2nd game tonight being postponed to tomorrow night....

CONGRATS PANTHERS!!!
Congrats to Pikeville
Is pikeville girls really good this year? Or is SF girls just down?
"torQQue" Wrote:Is pikeville girls really good this year? Or is SF girls just down?
SF is down
Pikeville is up Wink
Pikeville is good, but SF is having a down year!
Good job by the Panthers coming in and taking care of business. SV and Phelps were supposed to play the second game but Phelps couldn't make it. I believe they are planning to play that game tomorrow night. Pikeville will play the winner of SV and Phelps.
Since Pikeville will be playing the winner of that game Saturday, the game with Prestonsburg will be canceled right?
They played pburg last weekend......were they scheduled again?? If so that game has always had the chance of cancelation due to the all al tourney championship game already scheduled for saturday...
Pikeville has plenty of potential and they played quite a lot of people or so it seemed. South Floyd has a good group of 7th and 8th graders that should help the program in the next couple of years.
"Beef" Wrote:They played pburg last weekend......were they scheduled again?? If so that game has always had the chance of cancelation due to the all al tourney championship game already scheduled for saturday...
Yes they were scheduled, and Im sure that it will be canceled..I think that coach Pack and coach Halbert have allready talked about it
Congrats Pikeville
I Heard Sam Howard had a good game last night.
Noone really had a good game last night...I think that Sam hit 1 three the whole game!!...Ended up with like 18 points.
"Basketballer" Wrote:
"Beef" Wrote:They played pburg last weekend......were they scheduled again?? If so that game has always had the chance of cancelation due to the all al tourney championship game already scheduled for saturday...
Yes they were scheduled, and Im sure that it will be canceled..I think that coach Pack and coach Halbert have allready talked about it

I figured it would be canceled, just making sure.
Congrats to Pikeville. I'm not taking up for SF or anything but I honestly think that they could be a decent team in a couple years...that is if the coach knew what he was doing. This year he threw a bunch of girls out there in a varsity game with no previous experience...most are still in middle school even...you can't do that and expect them to pull off a win over teams with players with years of varsity experience...
"xtreme3" Wrote:Congrats to Pikeville. I'm not taking up for SF or anything but I honestly think that they could be a decent team in a couple years...that is if the coach knew what he was doing. This year he threw a bunch of girls out there in a varsity game with no previous experience...most are still in middle school even...you can't do that and expect them to pull off a win over teams with players with years of varsity experience...
None of these girls have ever had varsity experiance other than Trammel I know I went there. He is a good coach he has no choice but to play those girls..lol..In a couple of years they will be good, I wished he would have coached when I was there maybe we would have had more than 1 district championship(we had alot of talent there)

Posted Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:03 pm:

"Basketballer" Wrote:
"xtreme3" Wrote:Congrats to Pikeville. I'm not taking up for SF or anything but I honestly think that they could be a decent team in a couple years...that is if the coach knew what he was doing. This year he threw a bunch of girls out there in a varsity game with no previous experience...most are still in middle school even...you can't do that and expect them to pull off a win over teams with players with years of varsity experience...
None of these girls have ever had varsity experiance other than Trammel I know I went there. He is a good coach he has no choice but to play those girls..lol..In a couple of years they will be good, I wished he would have coached when I was there maybe we would have had more than 1 district championship(we had alot of talent there)
Also I think that he just expects them to go out there and play hard
The final score doesn't really give the Lady Raiders any justice. They were with the Panthers for a while and just couldn't hang in there. Not to dis-credit the Panthers, they are a great team, but the Raiders were not "stomped" the way the final score suggests. But still congrads to the Panthers for pulling out the All "A" win. Good luck in Richmond!! Musique30:
Agree south_21! :wink: