Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 47 Paintsville 45
Good job Prestonsburg.

Paintsville, I kept waiting on you to wake up, but I guess all the fans yelling couldn't rouse you out of it.

Paintsville allowed 12 lay ups and turned the ball over over 20 times.

I was afraid Paintsville wouldn't play good. Some of our fans were griping about the refs, but hell, if we come out and play, we would have won this game. The refs will be bad for both teams every game, that's a given. So, no one can blame the refs.

Prestonsburg did a good job of being patient against the zone at the beginning of the game. They worked it around until they got wide open 3's or lay ups. Lay ups, against a zone. Never should happen, but Paintsville allowed it. Prestonsburg made 3 wide open 3's in the first quarter.

Paintsville has 6 days to get over sickness and to get over this game and get ready for the All A State. They WILL face better competition down there. But, if they go down there and play good, they CAN win a couple of games.
Way to go girls!!! Congrats!!!
Congrats Prestonsburg.
Congrats to P-burg looks like Jack's club is coming around
Congrats Ladycats!!
congrats p-burg
Prestonsburg:
Meaghan Slone -- 13 points.. 3 -3's
Darcey Hicks-- 15 points, 4 rebounds
Juliane Frye -- 3 points
Amber Whitaker -- 12 points, 6 def and 3 off rebounds
Lyndsay Fields -- 4 points, 5 rebounds
*4/9 free throws
*16 turnovers

Paintsville:
C. Jarrell -- 14 points, 12 rebounds
K. Carroll -- 13 points
Carroll -- 14 points
Russell-- 2 points
*10/14 Free Throws
*15 turnovers
Congrats Lady Cats
Congrats Pburg..I think this team will win the 58th..
Congrats Lady Cats.

Well it's looking like Jarrell is starting to pick it up where she did last year, hopefully this will last and only get better, but she still has aways to go if she wants to average 19 ppg and 16 rpg like she did at the end of last season.
Congrats Lady Cats!
"15thRegionCrazy" Wrote:Prestonsburg:
Meaghan Slone -- 13 points.. 3 -3's
Darcey Hicks-- 15 points, 4 rebounds
Juliane Frye -- 3 points
Amber Whitaker -- 12 points, 6 def and 3 off rebounds
Lyndsay Fields -- 4 points, 5 rebounds
*4/9 free throws
*16 turnovers

Paintsville:
C. Jarrell -- 14 points, 12 rebounds
K. Carroll -- 13 points
Carroll -- 14 points
Russell-- 2 points
*10/14 Free Throws
*15 turnovers
Jarrell and L. Carroll both had 16 points and I can tell you Paintsville had 21 Turnovers with 4:38 to go in the game and then we lost count.
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:Congrats Lady Cats.

Well it's looking like Jarrell is starting to pick it up where she did last year, hopefully this will last and only get better, but she still has aways to go if she wants to average 19 ppg and 16 rpg like she did at the end of last season.
The only problem is P-ville turned the ball over 5 times trying to force into her and Jarrell had 2 TO's when they double and tripled down on her after she got the ball.
I also heard that most of the Tigers are suffering from step throat. If so I hope they can get healthy before next week!
"halfstep" Wrote:I also heard that most of the Tigers are suffering from step throat. If so I hope they can get healthy before next week!
That's not why they lost, though. I look at like this, if they were to sick to play, then they shouldn't have been on the floor. They lost because of all the turnovers and "o'lay" defense they played that led to 12 lay ups. They didn't come ready to play and thought they could walk out on the court and win. They aren't THAT good to do that, especially against P-burg. P-burg will win their district and anyone that overlooks P-burg in the regional tourney will be in Catfight. Yes, pun intended. That was P-burg's 9th victory in a row and they should not be taken lightly, like P-ville did. I hope P-ville learned another lesson last night.
"sportwhiz" Wrote:That's not why they lost, though. I look at like this, if they were to sick to play, then they shouldn't have been on the floor. They lost because of all the turnovers and "o'lay" defense they played that led to 12 lay ups. They didn't come ready to play and thought they could walk out on the court and win. They aren't THAT good to do that, especially against P-burg. P-burg will win their district and anyone that overlooks P-burg in the regional tourney will be in Catfight. Yes, pun intended. That was P-burg's 9th victory in a row and they should not be taken lightly, like P-ville did. I hope P-ville learned another lesson last night.

I wasn't trying to use that as an excuse. But, them being sick could also have contributed to it some what. I agree with you, if they were to sick they shouldn't have been on the court, especially with the All A Stae coming up next week. They need to get healthy.Tongueuke:
congrats P-Burg
but it is better to have them ready and healthy to play in the All A rather than have them sick and injured...
"sportwhiz" Wrote:Jarrell and L. Carroll both had 16 points and I can tell you Paintsville had 21 Turnovers with 4:38 to go in the game and then we lost count.

Those stats were from Cablevision.. if you have the right ones post them all
Pburg is improving a lot.. They can play a lot better than they did last night too.. they had way too many turnovers... better watch out for them in the regional tourny
p-burg had a great game
Congrats PBurg
"15thRegionCrazy" Wrote:Those stats were from Cablevision.. if you have the right ones post them all
sportwhiz keeps stats 15th.
congrats p-burg:dance:
Congrats lady cats !!!!
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:sportwhiz keeps stats 15th.
The only ones I kept last night was how many lay ups P-burg got, P-ville's TO's (until I lost track), and Jarrell's points and rebounds.
Good win lady cats
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:sportwhiz keeps stats 15th.

That's why I said post them.. bc I thought he might have them since he knew some .. and I just said they were from Cablevision because that means they're are not official
"15thRegionCrazy" Wrote:That's why I said post them.. bc I thought he might have them since he knew some .. and I just said they were from Cablevision because that means they're are not official

I know, I was just tellin ya he kept stats, wasn't trying to be a smart*** or anything.
I know.. I wasn't either.. just saying where they were from because their stats aren't official..
Could anyone tell me what grade Amber W. is in Ive watched her play and she is really good.