Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8.9 Earthquake Hits Japan
It happened around 2am EST.

Man, these are some horrific images.

My thoughts and prayers are with the country.
The whole Pacific Coast is under warning.
OMG, have you seen the video? Tragically sad

amazing footage
According to the newsreel on my homepage, the tsunami has reached Hawaii. I could not get into the story for some reason.
that video is amazing
How many casualties?
from CNN
• Japan reports 'tremendous damage'
• Hundreds of bodies on Japan's coast
• Quake is 5th biggest on record
I was watching it live last night. Craziest stuff I've ever seen.
I also watched it live last night. They didnt comment on it much, but you could see people driving along the road and just get nailed by that water and debris. I wont be surprised to see the casualty numbers hit 10k. There just wasnt enough time to evacuate the coastal areas. Prayers for those people and the country of Japan.

Now there is an issue with a Nuclear Power Plant, dont know the full details but something along the lines that the cooling water used has been contaminated.
Prayers from Zaga
Tsunami waves can travel at 620 MPH!
That's tough to watch. My prayers go out to all of those areas and families.
I seen this on the news this morning. This is hard to watch!!
Stardust Wrote:Tsunami waves can travel at 620 MPH!

That's absolutely insane!!!
People are so stupid. On youtube, all of the comments below the tsunami stuff is nothing but fighting and cussing at one another. Im sure most of it is kids, but people saying stuff like "they deserve it" or talking about religion on every single one of these is ridicolous. I dont know why people always have to bring in their own religous thoughts and ideas into something that has nothing to do with it. Either way its going to do nothing but start a fight or stir a pot on a stuid site like youtube. Im a christian and glad i am but if you get into a convo on that site, you will soon be asking for forgiveness as its makes you want to pull your hair out.
With the way Japan prepares for such disasters such as this there was many lives saved. The death toll will still be up, but could have been worse from what I heard earlier on the news.
Sending my prayers!
This breaks my heart!....And then hearing about the aftershocks is just salt in the wound!......prayers for them!