Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(16) Kentucky 72 - Alabama 58 (SEC - Semi-Finals)
Great game by Kentucky. Scary last minute and a half as Coach Cal left his starters in the game and Liggins and Lamb were hurt back-to-back with left ankle injuries. Liggins walked on his ankle off the court but Lamb needed help.

I can't believe Cal left his starters in the game. Wildcats were up 25 points. I am a big Cal supporter (as you all know) but I greatly question this decision.
^ I agree 100%!!!!

BONEHEAD move for Coach Cal! WHY!!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I just posted about this in the other thread. If our bench players are so bad that they can't finish a game like this to prevent injuries, then they should not be offered their scholarships back for next year!
I agree.

I don't care if Cal put me, sstack, OffTheHook, and Stardust in the game. I'm positive we wouldn't have given up a 20-point lead with a minute and a half to go.

I know Cal was just trying to keep our positive energy, hunger, and desire still going into tomorrow's championship game but you just can't take that kind of a chance.
Why?! Up 16 with a minute and a half left and have all your starters in. Why Cal?!
Liggins injury didn't look serious, but I'm very concerned about Lamb, he couldn't even put pressure on his ankle. I'm not worried if he'll play tomorrow, but I hope he'll be ready for the big dance...
On a more positive note, this is the best game UK has played all year.
Why Cal?!?!?!?!?!?!
Wow, I have been critical of Calipari for leaving the starters in too long all year, and it finally came back to bite him in the butt. Really stupid on his part.

I know you say you can't predict injuries, and that's true. They could have been injured just as easily in the first two minutes as the last. That's not the point. I still think that even without the injuries, getting the starters out once the game is wrapped up would have given them a chance to get some much-needed rest before the title game tomorrow. The injury risk is just another added reason to get 'em out.

As for the game, Cats looked real good. Play like that tomorrow and they may win the SEC and get a 3-seed. It looks like they may have Liggins, but I don't see Lamb being able to play until the NCAA's at the earliest. Hood will have to step it up big time tomorrow afternoon.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Wow, I have been critical of Calipari for leaving the starters in too long all year, and it finally came back to bite him in the butt. Really stupid on his part.

I know you say you can't predict injuries, and that's true. They could have been injured just as easily in the first two minutes as the last. That's not the point. I still think that even without the injuries, getting the starters out once the game is wrapped up would have given them a chance to get some much-needed rest before the title game tomorrow. The injury risk is just another added reason to get 'em out.

As for the game, Cats looked real good. Play like that tomorrow and they may win the SEC and get a 3-seed. It looks like they may have Liggins, but I don't see Lamb being able to play until the NCAA's at the earliest. Hood will have to step it up big time tomorrow afternoon.

If this doesn't happen, the Cats will lose. I don't think Hood hurts Kentucky. He just doesn't help. To contradict that though; if you're not helping the team, you're hurting the team.
The Latest From Kentucky is That Lamb Is Doubtful For The Championship Game But Him and Liggins Both Said That They Will Be Playing
I didn't even know who Hood was.
Both say they'll play. Liggins seems okay, but Lamb is on crutches. I think it's best to rest him, no reason to risk further injury. The conference tournament is meaningless compared to the NCAA.
Lamb repeatedly told reporters that he is playing tomorrow, saying "My team needs me, I'm gonna play."

But, official word is that Lamb is doubtful for tomorrow's game.
More Cowbell Wrote:Wow, I have been critical of Calipari for leaving the starters in too long all year, and it finally came back to bite him in the butt. Really stupid on his part.

Hood will have to step it up big time tomorrow afternoon,he didnt look good the few minutes he was in, the 1st thing,he got the ball stolen away from him..
Real Badman Wrote:I didn't even know who Hood was.

Mr.Basketball a few yrs back.
Jon Hood has to step up.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Lamb repeatedly told reporters that he is playing tomorrow, saying "My team needs me, I'm gonna play."

But, official word is that Lamb is doubtful for tomorrow's game.

He needs to rest. No use in taking a chance playing and possibly risking further injury to that ankle, with the NCAA Tournament so close.
I even had an assistant saying, 'Do you want to get these guys out?'" Calipari said.

Maybe he should've listened.The coach said he kept his starters in the game because Alabama was pressing on every possession, fighting to the very end to cut into its big deficit.

"You don't know my bench," said Calipari, whose team has won seven of eight, the last five in a row. "If they had stopped pressing, I would have started subbing at three minutes [to go]."

That said, he's decided that this is the way it must be: Kentucky will only go with six players right on into the NCAA tournament, assuming he can keep them all healthy.