Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky gets a 4 seed
Regardless of what anybody thinks of SDSU, the fact is that they were ranked #7 in the AP poll, #5 in the coaches' poll, and in the top four in most RPI projections before they avenged their only two losses of the season by thumping BYU. How could the NCAA selection committee justify not giving them a #2 seed?

Florida's #2 seed is much more questionable, IMO, than SDSU's is. Ditto for UNC's #2 seed.
I like UK's matchups, but have a problem understanding how Florida gets a 2 and UK gets a 4? One of the teams either got put to hi, or to low. It should have been 3,4 seeds or 2,3 seeds. Another thing, I like the chance to knock WVU out in the tourney, but why does it seem like UAB and WVU are always in our bracket. It would be nice to see some different teams in the tourney (although I think we can smash both of these teams and like the matchups).
Both Florida and SDSU's #2 seeds were un-earned. SDSU might've had that ranking, but they still didn't deserve that seed just because of their ranking. They could've easily justified not giving them a #2, I think a #3 would be high. They haven't played anyone, that's a great reason.

It's comparable to most of you that whined about Boise St. in a big BCS bowl against a BCS team...the big difference is that Boise actually played against some competition in the regular season, SDSU has only played BYU and went 1-2 against them, and heck, BYU isn't that much of competition...at all.

It's not an opinion, it's a fact. SDSU and especially Florida do not deserve their seeding.
My God...I just watched these guys pick their Elite 8..how do they have jobs? Really, 3 guys pick Florida to the Elite 8? Yeah, ok...

Gah..I call it how I see it, and I'll admit when UK isn't a favorite to win, but UK is set up almost perfectly to make a run, I think we should be getting some more credit. These "professionals" are talking about Florida like they actually won something today..
vundy33 Wrote:Both Florida and SDSU's #2 seeds were un-earned. SDSU might've had that ranking, but they still didn't deserve that seed just because of their ranking. They could've easily justified not giving them a #2, I think a #3 would be high. They haven't played anyone, that's a great reason.

It's comparable to most of you that whined about Boise St. in a big BCS bowl against a BCS team...the big difference is that Boise actually played against some competition in the regular season, SDSU has only played BYU and went 1-2 against them, and heck, BYU isn't that much of competition...at all.

It's not an opinion, it's a fact. SDSU and especially Florida do not deserve their seeding.
No, it is an opinion. Polls and the selection process itself are based on nothing but opinions. The fact that a so-called mid-major school came within three points of winning the national championship last year shows that the quality of basketball played outside of the "Big Six" basketball conferences is much better than most people think.

I think that too many teams from the big conferences get at large bids. Teams that are not competitive in there own conferences (and 9-7 or 8-8 is not competitive) and fail to reach their conference tournament finals do not belong in the tournament. Michigan State is a great example. But this is just my opinion. :biggrin:
I just don't get it. I thought we deserved at least a 3.
I HATE our bracket. Cal has never beat Bob Huggins in his life, and that is our potential second round match up. In the sweet 16 well have OSU and we have no one to match up with Sullinger. Were definitely in the toughest bracket, imo.
I just don't get how Florida gets a 2 and us a 4. The committee is made up with people who have no knowledge of basketball.
I dont even want to fill out a bracket.
Aslan Wrote:I just don't get it. I thought we deserved at least a 3.
I HATE our bracket. Cal has never beat Bob Huggins in his life, and that is our potential second round match up. In the sweet 16 well have OSU and we have no one to match up with Sullinger. Were definitely in the toughest bracket, imo.
I just don't get how Florida gets a 2 and us a 4. The committee is made up with people who have no knowledge of basketball.

I kind of like our bracket. I think we can fairly easily get by WVU this year. I know OSU will be a tough game, but I think we can match up with the size of our guards and we are playing great defense right now. You have to beat the best sometime in the tourny, so let's beat them in the sweet 16!
I already printed one bracket and took a dump on it. Basically the samething the Selection Committie did to UK today.

The whole thing is laughable, well it would be if it wasn't so pathetic and frustrating.

UNC with a 2.
SDSU with a 2.
Florida with a 2.
BYU with a 3.
Syracuse with a 3.

UK gets a 4 in the same bracket as the #1 overall which means we was the lowest #4.

NCAA just put it in us without the courtesy of a reach around.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:How could the NCAA selection committee justify not giving them a #2 seed?

Florida's #2 seed is much more questionable, IMO, than SDSU's is. Ditto for UNC's #2 seed.
The same way the committee justified giving us a 4 seed after we beat Florida twice, Tenn in Knoxville and beat Vandy also after we dominated the SEC tourney.
They can just because they can. That is how you justify it.
OffTheHook Wrote:I think the CATS got a decent bracket.

I would like to withdraw this staement now...lol.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
sstack Wrote:I kind of like our bracket. I think we can fairly easily get by WVU this year. I know OSU will be a tough game, but I think we can match up with the size of our guards and we are playing great defense right now. You have to beat the best sometime in the tourny, so let's beat them in the sweet 16!

Cal has never beat Bob Huggins, so that WVU game scares me to death.
I do not like UK's pairing 1st round in the tourney...
I'm a little hesitant to say UK can "roll" Providence.. They have a lot of big wins this year, a lot that has been unseen.
Ballers Wrote:I do not like UK's pairing 1st round in the tourney...
I'm a little hesitant to say UK can "roll" Providence.. They have a lot of big wins this year, a lot that has been unseen.

Princeton?
Now that I have looked at the bracket your right geaux.. I was told we were playing Providence.. Thank god we aren't!

With that said, we should have no problems with them..
If we do beat them, I predict Clemson beating UAB... and there I am not so sure that WV can beat Clemson.. But I will give the neer's the nod and say we play them and get our revenge.

^ Or else we will be hearing it from Eerie for the next year. Out of all the 4, I have to say UK has a way to go.

We have UNC, Syracuse, Memphis, WVU, Ohio State, Villanova... Florida is in a good bracket.. I see them going far on their side.
I thought for sure that a 3 seed was in order after a win in the SEC tournament.
Guess I was wrong lol
I think Florida deserved to be a 3 or 4.....but not a 2
I know we handled them pretty good but if you look at the overall body of work that they put together in their season is as good or better than ours.
The Zags with an 11 seed and facing St.John's in the first round.
GO ZAGS!
^I'm calling St. Johns by double digits in that one.
Kentucky did get a rough draw, but things could roll their way with a few upsets around them and they could end up turning some heads.
I have Kentucky meeting Ohio St in the sweet 16.
Florida nor SDST deserves 2 seeds. 3 at best.
UCONN should have got a 2 seed over both of them.

They leave out Colorado and St. Mary's, VT. But put in Clemson, UAB, VCU, I dont get it?
This years bracket is far the worst.
still wondering how UK has SOS #9 and RPI #9 and we get the lowest 4 seed. I really have no idea what the committee was doing this year. Did anyone hear what the VT coach told ESPN reporters LOL....still how you beat florida twice once by double digits for the conference title and they got a 2 seed. really is crazy Dukies have a cake walk except for a inconsistent Texas and the best team in that region, UCONN who is on the other side.
Amun-Ra Wrote:The same way the committee justified giving us a 4 seed after we beat Florida twice, Tenn in Knoxville and beat Vandy also after we dominated the SEC tourney.

:Thumbs:
In the words of John Calipari:

"Just bring it!"

EDIT: Kentucky has NEVER beaten Ohio State in the NCAA Tournament.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:No, it is an opinion. Polls and the selection process itself are based on nothing but opinions. The fact that a so-called mid-major school came within three points of winning the national championship last year shows that the quality of basketball played outside of the "Big Six" basketball conferences is much better than most people think.

I think that too many teams from the big conferences get at large bids. Teams that are not competitive in there own conferences (and 9-7 or 8-8 is not competitive) and fail to reach their conference tournament finals do not belong in the tournament. Michigan State is a great example. But this is just my opinion. :biggrin:

Huge difference between Butler and SDSU. Butler actually had a good resume' and played some teams.

Hoot, I'd stay into politics if I were you...hahahahhaha Wink
Stardust Wrote:Ahh, where are the neer fans. Gonna be nice giving the payback to WVU this year.

I'm here Dusty!!!!!:ChairHit:

"Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!":notworthy
Amun-Ra Wrote:The same way the committee justified giving us a 4 seed after we beat Florida twice, Tenn in Knoxville and beat Vandy also after we dominated the SEC tourney.
San Diego State won all but one of its road games and coaches who were polled voted them to a higher rank than UK. I honestly don't think my fellow UK fans have a leg to stand on when it comes to SDSU's 2 seed.

Kentucky deserved a higher seed than Florida and I think most coaches would have agreed if a poll had been taken after the SEC Championship game. I think that the seed reflects the NCAA's low opinion of Coach Calipari. It's not fair but it is probably not going to change.
vundy33 Wrote:Huge difference between Butler and SDSU. Butler actually had a good resume' and played some teams.

Hoot, I'd stay into politics if I were you...hahahahhaha Wink
If the committee had not given SDSU a #2 seed, then they might has well have just admitted that the RPI is a hoax. Kentucky did not deserve a higher seed than SDSU. The 'Cats were ranked lower in both major polls and in the RPI.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:If the committee had not given SDSU a #2 seed, then they might has well have just admitted that the RPI is a hoax. Kentucky did not deserve a higher seed than SDSU. The 'Cats were ranked lower in both major polls and in the RPI.

I agree with you there, but RPI isn't the only consideration. I guess everyone ranks their qualifications differently, but strength of schedule is the highest on my list because I think that directly shows how good a team is. I don't believe that Kentucky deserves a higher seed than SDSU, but I do believe that both of them should have been a #3 seed.

But, I do agree about the RPI. What is RPI ranking?