Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad Call Of The Weekend 3/11-3/13
ACC Championship game: North Carolina vs Duke

Singler gets posterized from a player from UNC..
Singler flops, a charge is called on the UNC player..

Did anyone else see this play?
This happens all the time? And it's THE hardest call for a ref to make. Whether it's a charge or blocking. But what's the significances of this certain play? Was it during a crucial part of the game?
MisterPerfect Wrote:This happens all the time? And it's THE hardest call for a ref to make. Whether it's a charge or blocking. But what's the significances of this certain play? Was it during a crucial part of the game?

There weren't many crucial parts of that game.
Maybe when it was 0 to 0.
None-the-less... That is irrelevant to the subject... everyone knows it wasn't a close game... Just like everyone knows St. Johns and Zags will not be a close game.
IMO, was a bad call. What say you?
zaga_fan Wrote:There weren't many crucial parts of that game.
Maybe when it was 0 to 0.

That's what I thought. So I was trying to figure out why this was being discussed. Because it happens every game.
^Maybe you need to go watch that play and you may think differently? It wasn't body to body contact, his leg barely hit Singler... It was pathetic.

And it's being discussed because the call was pathetic.. MisterPerfect ???
Ballers Wrote:^Maybe you need to go watch that play and you may think differently? It wasn't body to body contact, his leg barely hit Singler... It was pathetic.

And it's being discussed because the call was pathetic.. MisterPerfect ???

No need to get all up tight. I'm just trying to find the reason behind the thread. No harm intended, Ballers.
Well I don't like Duke for starters..
And I just thought the call was b.s.
I hate Kyle Singler, he's so overrated..

Nolan Smith and Kyrie Irving are OK in my book.
Plumblee is just an ******* - I seen him run into Delaney on purpose vs VA Tech...
I can't wait to see someone in the tourney show them what true power is.
Ballers Wrote:Well I don't like Duke for starters..
And I just thought the call was b.s.
I hate Kyle Singler, he's so overrated..

Nolan Smith and Kyrie Irving are OK in my book.
Plumblee is just an ******* - I seen him run into Delaney on purpose vs VA Tech...
I can't wait to see someone in the tourney show them what true power is.

Please.

Your hate for Duke is pathetic.
What team is going to show them true power?? Really?

I dont see how Kyle Singelr is overrated, yea, he is having a bad senior season, but is ranked 5th on Dukes all time leading scorers. Just because someone doesnt score all the time, doesnt mean their a bad player. Check out his defense. Thats been his best tribute to this team.

I do agree, I think it should of been a blocking foul on Singler, But he wasnt under the goal either. You try getting out their and officiate a game.
^Jarred Sullinger will fight Duke and their bench..
Typical Dukie call. We've all seen many beyond questionable calls go Duke's favor in the past.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Typical Dukie call. We've all seen many beyond questionable calls go Duke's favor in the past.

haha, isn't that the truth.
Ballers Wrote:haha, isn't that the truth.

And it's not about to change!
Ballers Wrote:^Jarred Sullinger will fight Duke and their bench..

I can agree with that. But really, the only team in the West Im scared of is UCONN, they match up pretty well with Duke. But if Duke can stop Kemba Walker, they win.

Tennessee is also a scary second round match up. They have slack here lately. But when their on their A game, they will be very hard to stop. you never no which team will show up with them.

Arizona/Texas. will cause fits for Duke. But still Duke has a great chance getting by them.

Ohio St and Duke.

State will win by 10, unless Irving does come back, if he is at least 80% Im going with Duke
I agree with Ballers on this one..Horrible call
NYY10 Wrote:I can agree with that. But really, the only team in the West Im scared of is UCONN, they match up pretty well with Duke. But if Duke can stop Kemba Walker, they win.

Tennessee is also a scary second round match up. They have slack here lately. But when their on their A game, they will be very hard to stop. you never no which team will show up with them.

Arizona/Texas. will cause fits for Duke. But still Duke has a great chance getting by them.

Ohio St and Duke.

State will win by 10, unless Irving does come back, if he is at least 80% Im going with Duke

I actually meant Sullinger would literally fight everyone that plays for Duke... lol..

But I'll agree on some of it.. Tenn does have a better team than most want to lead on.. They have had some great wins the season and could be considered a sleeping giant..

UCONN is Kemba central.. If he isnt having a 20+ game they lose.. He does get some help from Oriaki down low on the defensive end and can also do damage on the offensive end.

king360 Wrote:I agree with Ballers on this one..Horrible call

Thank you sir! Wink
It was a bad call. His foot barely touched Singlers shoulder.
MisterPerfect Wrote:This happens all the time? And it's THE hardest call for a ref to make. Whether it's a charge or blocking. But what's the significances of this certain play? Was it during a crucial part of the game?

NYY10 Wrote:Please.

Your hate for Duke is pathetic.
What team is going to show them true power?? Really?

I dont see how Kyle Singelr is overrated, yea, he is having a bad senior season, but is ranked 5th on Dukes all time leading scorers. Just because someone doesnt score all the time, doesnt mean their a bad player. Check out his defense. Thats been his best tribute to this team.

I do agree, I think it should of been a blocking foul on Singler, But he wasnt under the goal either. You try getting out their and officiate a game.

The guy on ESPN asked if a Duke player fell if it was a charge. It was a horrible, Pathetic, miserable call. there is no way a ref calling the game fair would ever call that a charge.
Ballers, I watched the foul. And I fully understand why you were complaining about this!! It was awful!!