Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville College 76 Oklahoma Baptist 69 (NAIA National Tourney)
Final Congrats to the Bears!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Way to go Bears!! I've loved watching this team play this year!
Does anyone know when the next game is for the Bears!!?
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Way to go Bears!
its a great day to be a Bear, oh Mr. Bentley was pumped up and gave a nice call today with Coach Watson on color.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Does anyone know when the next game is for the Bears!!?
The Bears will play Azusa Pacific on Friday at 9a CST (10a ET)...
Congrats Bears!! Any stats?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Was PC ranked in NAIA. This is pretty cool.
Congrats Pikeville College.
way to go Bears
Stardust Wrote:Was PC ranked in NAIA. This is pretty cool.

24th

The Bears have two STUDS in Vance Cooksey and Quincy Hankins-Cole. And some very good role players, one being former Mason County standout Trevor Setty.
Bring it home Pikeville!
One more win than what most was expecting I am sure. Congrats Bears!
[SIZE="4"]
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
For those of you who dont keep up with NAIA ball, Oklahoma Baptist is pretty much the first class of NAIA.
They are ranked 1 or2 every year in the country and have won A LOT.
from my days of keeping up with the cumberlands, i know they are nothing short of a great team and this is quite an accomplishment for PC.
They were last years national champs i believe, winning over the team that pc will face next.
Bolt Wrote:For those of you who dont keep up with NAIA ball, Oklahoma Baptist is pretty much the first class of NAIA.
They are ranked 1 or2 every year in the country and have won A LOT.
from my days of keeping up with the cumberlands, i know they are nothing short of a great team and this is quite an accomplishment for PC.
They were last years national champs i believe, winning over the team that pc will face next.
they were the National Champs last year and did beat Azusa in the finals. Interesting fact the last PC win on the big stage came in 2004 over wait for it OK Bapt. which lead them to the "Fab Four". The sky is the limit for this team and program. Trevor Setty said it best yesterday, "I do not think we will face a team thats any better than Georgetown or St. Cath".

Scotty to answer your question, Cooksey ended up leading the team with 23, Setty droped in I think it was like 21 with 10 or so boards. Hankins-Cole got into foul trouble early and ended the game game with 0. Yes, you heard me right Pikeville College won and Hankins-Cole did not score interesting fact this is the first time this year he has not scored in a game. Providing more proof this team is a force to be reckoned with.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:they were the National Champs last year and did beat Azusa in the finals. Interesting fact the last PC win on the big stage came in 2004 over wait for it OK Bapt. which lead them to the "Fab Four". The sky is the limit for this team and program. Trevor Setty said it best yesterday, "I do not think we will face a team thats any better than Georgetown or St. Cath".

Scotty to answer your question, Cooksey ended up leading the team with 23, Setty droped in I think it was like 21 with 10 or so boards. Hankins-Cole got into foul trouble early and ended the game game with 0. Yes, you heard me right Pikeville College won and Hankins-Cole did not score interesting fact this is the first time this year he has not scored in a game. Providing more proof this team is a force to be reckoned with.

Wow..... I did not know that! This is really impressive!
[SIZE="4"]
Mountain state, azusa, ok baptist, gtown are all big names that are usually at the top.
Georgetown actually has the most naia tourney appearnces with 24.
Congrats Bears! Hopefully they will continue winning games at the NAIA tournament!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]