Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Manchin
Do you think he would make a good president?
Is he the former Minnesota governor?
No, I don't think Manchin would make a good president but he would be a huge improvement over what we have now.
LWC Wrote:Is he the former Minnesota governor?
He is the former West Virginia governor who supported Obama in lockstep while Obama's poll numbers were high and then portrayed himself as a conservative Democrat to win the US Senate seat that was formerly held by Robert C. Byrd.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:He is the former West Virginia governor who supported Obama in lockstep while Obama's poll numbers were high and then portrayed himself as a conservative Democrat to win the US Senate seat that was formerly held by Robert C. Byrd.

Manchin is playing the role necessary for his reelection in West Virginia.
Truth Wrote:Manchin is playing the role necessary for his reelection in West Virginia.
I thought that is what I said. He did what liberals do, he masqueraded as a moderately conservative Democrat in the general election to win votes. Now he will vote with liberals for six years and run away from his record when he runs again.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:No, I don't think Manchin would make a good president but he would be a huge improvement over what we have now.

You're just eaten up with the anti-Obama stuff. Smile

Saw a cute T-shirt the other day. You should look for one online -- if you don't have one that is. It read:

One Big A__ Mistake America!
BillyB Wrote:You're just eaten up with the anti-Obama stuff. Smile

Saw a cute T-shirt the other day. You should look for one online -- if you don't have one that is. It read:

One Big A__ Mistake America!
I've seen them but I don't wear message T-shirts. I am not anti-Obama, I am pro-America. :biggrin:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:He is the former West Virginia governor who supported Obama in lockstep while Obama's poll numbers were high and then portrayed himself as a conservative Democrat to win the US Senate seat that was formerly held by Robert C. Byrd.

I thought Manchin got a huge boost during his senate run from Carl Cameron, a Fox News Reporter. The campain coverage he provided was apalling in that he (Cameron) took sides against the Republican candidate John Raese. Cameron accepted Manchin's campaign rhetoric as factual while casting Raese in a negative light, saying that Raese was unfairly accusing Manchin of being in lockstep with President Obama's agenda in total, when it was actually widely know(according to Cameron) that Manchin opposed the health care agenda etc. Then Cameron went on to cast aspersions onto the Raese campaign. The whole thing was blatant and very obviously biased to help the Manchin campaign. I don't know why Cameron did it but he held back narry a bit for his friend Mr. Manchin.

Immediately following the attacks by Cameron, Manchin's deficit in the polls evaporated and the rest as they is history. Folks that think Fox News is a one way news outlet aren't listening very well. Heraldo Rivera, (Rivera a conservative? you've got to be kidding), Megan Kelley, Gretchen Carlson, among others are begining to let their liberal locks down just a bit.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:I thought Manchin got a huge boost during his senate run from Carl Cameron, a Fox News Reporter. The campain coverage he provided was apalling in that he (Cameron) took sides against the Republican candidate John Raese. Cameron accepted Manchin's campaign rhetoric as factual while casting Raese in a negative light, saying that Raese was unfairly accusing Manchin of being in lockstep with President Obama's agenda in total, when it was actually widely know(according to Cameron) that Manchin opposed the health care agenda etc. Then Cameron went on to cast aspersions onto the Raese campaign. The whole thing was blatant and very obviously biased to help the Manchin campaign. I don't know why Cameron did it but he held back narry a bit for his friend Mr. Manchin.

Immediately following the attacks by Cameron, Manchin's deficit in the polls evaporated and the rest as they is history. Folks that think Fox News is a one way news outlet aren't listening very well. Heraldo Rivera, (Rivera a conservative? you've got to be kidding), Megan Kelley, Gretchen Carlson, among others are begining to let their liberal locks down just a bit.
You left out Shephard Smith, who would feel right at home at MSNBC. He is not only very liberal but for a news anchor he is extremely under-informed. He reminds me of Rich Sanchez, former CNN airhead anchor.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You left out Shephard Smith, who would feel right at home at MSNBC. He is not only very liberal but for a news anchor he is extremely under-informed. He reminds me of Rich Sanchez, former CNN airhead anchor.

Yeah I was in a hurry. I can barely make myself watch his show even during the most news worthy days.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Yeah I was in a hurry. I can barely make myself watch his show even during the most news worthy days.
:Thumbs: I prefer FNC over the alternatives but there is plenty of room for improvement. I don't mind getting my news from a liberal but I don't like getting the feeling that an anchor showed up just in time to read a script on the air. It's the same feeling I get watching our current president deliver a speech.