Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middle school Baseball
Has anyone started playing games yet? I know Letcher Co. opens up Fri. against JJ Kelly from Wise, Va. Weather permitting?
KC Middle is 4-0 with wins over Jackson, Cawood, Corbin and Hazard.
Bell is 3-0 with wins over Williamsburg, Middlesboro, and Leslie Co. They have also had 4 games rained out.
Russell Middle School is hosting a tourney right now that has Russell, Raceland, Lewis, Greenup, East Carter in it. Games were rained out and some were played in the snow, but the final game will be between Russell and the winner of last nights ICE GAME between East Carter and Lewis. Good luck to teams playing, bring a blanket and a heater to watch.

ALSO Raceland will be hosting a SPRING BREAK tourney next week all week of spring break at Raceland High School. Should be a great week of baseball too.
Simons Middle(Fleming Co.) is 1-0 after beating Clark Co. Middle School 10-4.
1228 Wrote:Simons Middle(Fleming Co.) is 1-0 after beating Clark Co. Middle School 10-4.

Lex Cath is 5-0 with wins over a team from Knoxville ( cant remember name), Clark Middle, Conkwright Middle, Oldham Co. and Lincoln Co.
Pike Central Middle is 1-0 with a win over Hazard at Hazard. We have had 3 rain outs so far.
KCM moves to 7-0 with wins over South, Whitley and Bell.
Simons Middle (Fleming County) is now 6-0 with 6 rainouts. Wins over Clark, McNabb(Montgomery Co.), Lewis, Mason, Morgan, and Nicholas.
Hitters_Count Wrote:KCM moves to 7-0 with wins over South, Whitley and Bell.

Lexington Catholic moved to 14-1 after beating KCM 12-2 at Knox County on Saturday.
Cant wait for the rematch. Knox didnt throw their top 2 pitchers against LC and trailed 2-0 going into the 5th were Knox self-imploded. LC is a very good team, dont get me wrong. Knox has a double header today with North for the Conf. title possibly hanging in the balance(the reason they withheld their starters against LC.

Knox stands at 11-3 overall.
Hazard middle finished 15-4. Not too bad after starting 1-3.
Not bad at all....
For some reason in the Western part of the state we play middle school baseball in the fall. I think it has something to do with the high school using the fields in the spring, so middle school gets it in the fall.
Most of the kids have football practice then go from there straight to baseball practice. Our first game is 8/13.
When will everyone be starting the 2012 baseball season? Anyone needing games need to contact me.
Is Middle School baseball important in your area?
so unused on ms baseball?
Middle school baseball is pretty big in central KY. I coach at Anderson County, and I have a list of about 42 different schools that we have played games against in the past 6 years. I know of 3 different conferences in my area, but I wish there was something larger and more organized.
Believe it or not, at the middle school level, wrestling is the most organized sport in KY. They have a district, region, and state tournament, a coaches' organization, the whole deal. I'd like to see KY MS baseball move that direction
i agree with carl on this . especially after going to the mess they call a basketball state tournament at kba 7 dollars to get in and no seats to sit in. had to stand and watch games.
Seems like I heard that last year's 8th grade state tournament had around 80 teams. 80! No qualifying, just an open tournament.