Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 1 Paintsville 0
Interested to hear some details from those who attended.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Interested to hear some details from those who attended.

WOW!

I guess the big Dawgs couldnt do much with Jackson! WOW!
shep had a nice game...while Shepherd was on third in the sixth inning Ethan Daniels hit a ball in beteween first and second to give the dawgs the only run of the game.
pretty much a pitcher duel the whole night
Commanche Wrote:WOW!

I guess the big Dawgs couldnt do much with Jackson! WOW!
Not bad for a guy not worthy of cleaning someone's spikes.
I bet this was a good one.

Congrats Dawgs
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Panther Thunder Wrote:Not bad for a guy not worthy of cleaning someone's spikes.

Those little teeny bopper idiots are the only one you heard make a statement like that.

Everybody else knew this was very predictable.
Bob Seger Wrote:Those little teeny bopper idiots are the only one you heard make a statement like that.

Everybody else knew this was very predictable.
Oh, I know. Jackson is an outstanding pitcher.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Oh, I know. Jackson is an outstanding pitcher.
Shephard in 7- 11 Ks
Jackson in 6- 12 Ks

If you all don't think Jackson is a very good pitcher, just quit posting. Not on Chan's level, but still a very, very good high school pitcher.

Anyway, Congrats to LC.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Shephard in 7- 11 Ks
Jackson in 6- 12 Ks

If you all don't think Jackson is a very good pitcher, just quit posting. Not on Chan's level, but still a very, very good high school pitcher.

Anyway, Congrats to LC.

I've said all along that Jackson has more "upside" than Shepherd.
Bob Seger Wrote:I've said all along that Jackson has more "upside" than Shepherd.

what do u mean by upside?
9-POINT Wrote:what do u mean by upside?
A higher ceiling. Shep is probably very close to his. Jackson is still very raw and with some strength training, and high level instruction, he has more room to improve.
Panther Thunder Wrote:A higher ceiling. Shep is probably very close to his. Jackson is still very raw and with some strength training, and high level instruction, he has more room to improve.

Yes all of the above, plus he comes from the left side and has a live arm. That makes him something that is known as a "commodity".
Congrats to the Dawgs on what sounds like an outstanding game to watch. Jackson has all the potential in the world and like said earlier has a huge upside. Very live arm, great movement on his fastball, and from what I've seen he's developed a change-up into his arsenal of pitches and that will go a long way both in high school and at the next level. The Tigers should be in just about every ballgame with him on the mound. Also, congrats to Chandler on throwing a no hitter. I have a feeling we'll be hearing this another time or two this season. Best of luck to both teams the rest of the way.
Sounds like a good game :Clap: I know Shep and Jackson are good pitchers, just hope the fans were as classy as the boys. Grow up adults and take lessons from some of these student athletes.
Here's ya a breakdown:

Monday, March 28, 2011 6:34PM
.......................1 2 3 4 5 6 7 R H E
Paintsville Tigers 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0
Lawrence Co..... 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 3 0

Top of 1st
Shey Spencer:
Ball, Foul, Ball, Strike, Ball, Shey Spencer walked.
Timmy Sublett: Timmy Sublett hit sacrifice bunt to first, Shey Spencer to second.
Colby Burchett:
Strike, Strike, Colby Burchett struck out looking.
Andy Adkins:
Strike, Strike, Andy Adkins struck out swinging.
Bottom of 1st
R. Compton:
Strike, Strike, R. Compton out dropped 3rd strike.
C. Shepherd:
Strike, Foul, C. Shepherd grounded out to the pitcher.
T. Banks:
Ball, Ball, Ball, T. Banks walked.
C. Rice:
Strike, Strike, Foul, Foul, Ball, Foul, Foul, C. Rice grounded out to the pitcher.
Top of 2nd
Brooks Pelphrey:
Foul, Strike, Brooks Pelphrey struck out swinging.
Josh Green:
Foul, Ball, Ball, Josh Green grounded out to second.
Zach Jackson:
Foul, Ball, Ball, Strike, Zach Jackson out dropped 3rd strike.
Bottom of 2nd

E. Daniel:
Strike, Strike, Ball, Ball, E. Daniel struck out looking.
C. Moore:
Strike, Foul, C. Moore struck out swinging.
J. Musick:
Foul, Foul, J. Musick struck out swinging.
Top of 3rd
Josh Moore:
Josh Moore grounded out to second.
Alex VanHoose:
Strike, Ball, Strike, Ball, Foul, Ball, Alex VanHoose struck out looking.
Shey Spencer:
Ball, Ball, Foul, Strike, Ball, Shey Spencer walked.
Timmy Sublett:
Strike, Strike, Shey Spencer stole second, Ball, Ball, Ball, Foul, Timmy Sublett struck out swinging.
Bottom of 3rd
A. Tucker:
Ball, Strike, Foul, Foul, A. Tucker singled. --
Ch. Cline:
Ball, Ch. Cline hit sacrifice bunt to the pitcher, A. Tucker to second.
R. Compton:
Ball, Ball, Ball, R. Compton walked.
C. Shepherd:
Ball, Ball, Ball, C. Shepherd walked, A. Tucker to third, R. Compton to second.
T. Banks:
Ball, T. Banks on base by fielder's choice, A. Tucker forced out at home, R. Compton to third, C. Shepherd to second.
C. Rice:
C. Rice on base by fielder's choice, C. Shepherd to third, T. Banks forced out at second.
Top of 4th
Colby Burchett:
Ball, Strike, Foul, Colby Burchett struck out looking.
Andy Adkins:
Brooks Pelphrey:
Ball, Strike, Strike, Ball, Foul, Brooks Pelphrey struck out looking.
Bottom of 4th

E. Daniel:
Strike, Strike, Ball, E. Daniel struck out swinging.
C. Moore:
Foul, Ball, Ball, Foul, C. Moore struck out looking.
J. Musick:
Strike, Strike, Ball, J. Musick struck out swinging.
Top of 5th
Josh Green:
Strike, Josh Green grounded out to the pitcher.
Zach Jackson:
Zach Jackson singled.
Josh Moore:
Ball, Ball, Strike, Josh Moore hit into double play to the pitcher, Zach Jackson forced out at second.
Bottom of 5th
A. Tucker:
Strike, Strike, A. Tucker struck out swinging.
Ch. Cline:
Strike, Foul, Ball, Ch. Cline struck out swinging.
R. Compton:
Strike, Strike, R. Compton struck out swinging.
Top of 6th
Alex VanHoose:
Strike, Foul, Ball, Alex VanHoose grounded out to short.
Shey Spencer:
Ball, Strike, Ball, Foul, Shey Spencer struck out looking.
Timmy Sublett:
Ball, Ball, Strike, Strike, Foul, Timmy Sublett out, infield fly to second.
Bottom of 6th
C. Shepherd:
C. Shepherd singled.
T. Banks:
Strike, Strike, C. Shepherd to second on wild pitch, T. Banks struck out looking.
C. Rice:
C. Rice grounded out to short, C. Shepherd to third.
E. Daniel:
Foul, Foul, Foul, E. Daniel singled, [B]C. Shepherd scored[/B].
C. Moore:
Ball, Foul, Foul, C. Moore struck out swinging.
Top of 7th
Colby Burchett:
Strike, Ball, Foul, Ball, Colby Burchett grounded out to the pitcher.
Andy Adkins:
Brooks Pelphrey:
Strike, Brooks Pelphrey grounded out to first.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I gave Jackson a hit on his bunt. Due to the fact that Shep had to come off the 3B side and hurry and field the ball and make a perfect throw. Was going to be a bang bang play no matter what. I am NOT going to argue this fact, cause it's a home game and I understand why the error was given. From my view, kid at first was trying to stretch and get the out and pulled off by about 2 inches attempting to make the play. Was a great try.

Jackson:
6 INs, 12Ks, 3 BBs, 3 Hs, 1 ER
83 Pitches, 24 Bs, 59 Strikes

Shepherd:
7 INs, 11Ks, 2 BBs, 1 H, 0 ER
91 Pitches, 30 Bs, 61 Strikes
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Was Stewart not in Pville's lineup? I don't see his name anywhere. He's usually got a good bat.
great game to witness and watch besides the cold lol.
a pitching duel indeed, jackson looked great tonight for the tigers, his left handed whipping fastball was too much for the dawgs tonight. great peformance. however, does anyone know if he is going to play ball somewhere? i too noticed the potential of his could still peak, plas the satisfaction of being a left is scary to see at all levels.

dawgs still disappointed me with their hitting, but still leaked out with the W. chandler pitched in an amazing game with a no hitter in some cases and a 1 hitter at most. he had 11ks and the scout behind the plate clocked him at 90 the highest. not bad for still yet the beginning of the season and on a cold night. congrats to chandler and the dawgs on the win.
Mr off the hook is right. It was a hit. There is lots of things that can be argued but in all fairness if Jackson beats out the throw it is a single. Congrats to a fine pitching performance by Zack Jackson as well as Shepherd.
Yeah it was a hit but what a job by Shep and Zack, Shep's hit was huge.
Lawrence county has had a lot of trouble out of Jackson as of late. The boy is going to be a star.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Lawrence county has had a lot of trouble out of Jackson as of late. The boy is going to be a star.

Out of the last 25 innings he has thrown against LC. He is:

1-1 with 2 innings of relief.

15 innings pitched
31 Strike outs

Of the 3 hits gievn up tonight. Only one was hit well. The first was a shallow fly ball to right that fell just infront of the diving right fielder. Shep's base knock to left and then the game winner was a 2 strike, slap shot blooper towards right that just cleared the infield and and the scond baseman's glove. But, got the job done.
Maybe next time we'll get a couple of those. Just how the game goes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
The bunt from Jackson was an error because 1st base umpire made the call that 1st baseman Cody Moore pulled. E3
Also neither pitcher was clocked at 90. Shep hitting 89 a few times, Jackson stayed lower mid 80's hitting 86 87 few times. Both looked great. First time I got to see Jackson throw vs Dawgs and he sure impressed me. When the Tiger run him out there they should be in every game.
Major League Baseball Scouting Service clocked Shep with 1 pitch at 92 and 1 at 91. Seven of Jacksons' pitches were clocked with 84 being the top. Jackson is a very good pitcher and if he doesn't get over used should get stronger by the end of the season.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:Major League Baseball Scouting Service clocked Shep with 1 pitch at 92 and 1 at 91. Seven of Jacksons' pitches were clocked with 84 being the top. Jackson is a very good pitcher and if he doesn't get over used should get stronger by the end of the season.

I think that will determine what kind of post season they will have. If they keep him at a comfortable pace, then he could really do some damage come post season, but if they choose to throw him 2+ a week, then he is going to be throwing 78 mph flat fastballs come post season, and that is BP for any team
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I think that will determine what kind of post season they will have. If they keep him at a comfortable pace, then he could really do some damage come post season, but if they choose to throw him 2+ a week, then he is going to be throwing 78 mph flat fastballs come post season, and that is BP for any team

John Doug is pretty sharp. I dont think you'll see him pull any stupid stunts.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:Major League Baseball Scouting Service clocked Shep with 1 pitch at 92 and 1 at 91. Seven of Jacksons' pitches were clocked with 84 being the top. Jackson is a very good pitcher and if he doesn't get over used should get stronger by the end of the season.

We now have 3 different quotes. Ironicly all coming from the LC faithful.

Regardless I'll take pin point mid 80's live arm from the left side over 90 not so live coming from the right. Any day.
Bob Seger Wrote:John Doug is pretty sharp. I dont think you'll see him pull any stupid stunts.

Well I am not saying he isn't smart, but the kid threw 5 innings on saturday and then came back on Tuesday and threw 6 more. That's a lot of innings this early in the season. A kid with his talent needs to be brought a long the right way, and so far that isn't happening? Sometimes a kids future is more important than a "W"