Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank The 14th Region
14TH REGION RANKINGS UPDATED (MAY 15, 2011)

1) Powell County (20-7) (13-0 Region)
-- Knott County Central (19-6) (11-1 Region)

2) Hazard (17-11) (8-2 Region)

3) Letcher County Central (15-12) (9-3 Region)

4) Estill County (12-15) (10-7 Region)
-- Wolfe County (14-15) (10-6 Region)

5) Lee County (14-14) (11-9 Region)

6) Cordia (8-17) (6-11 Region)

7) Perry County Central (8-19) (3-9 Region)

8) Jenkins (4-17) (3-7 Region)
-- Owsley County (4-13) (3-9 Region)
-- Breathitt County (3-15) (3-10 Region)

9) Buckhorn (3-12) (2-1 Region)
-- Jackson City (2-12) (1-11 Region)

10) June Buchanan (1-5) (1-4 Region)
GAMES THIS WEEK (MAY 16TH/21ST)
Monday May 16th

Owsley County @ Cordia 5:30 pm
Letcher County Central @ Cordia 5:30 pm
Jenkins @ Hazard 5:15 pm (Game 1)
Jenkins @ Hazard 7:30 pm (Game 2)

Bath County @ Estill County 6:00 pm
Montgomery County @ Powell County 5:30 pm
Harlan County @ Leslie County 5:30 pm
Morgan County @ Lee County 5:30 pm
Perry County Central @ Harlan 5:30 pm

Tuesday May 17th

Jenkins @ Buckhorn 5:30 pm
Hazard @ Lee County 5:30 pm
Knott County Central @ Leslie County 5:30 pm
Letcher County Central @ Perry County Central 6:00 pm

Estill County @ Montgomery County 5:30 pm

Wednesday May 18th

Jackson City @ Knott County Central 6:00 pm
Buckhorn @ Powell County 6:00 pm
June Buchanan @ Wolfe County 4:30 pm (Game 1)

Berea @ Wolfe County 6:00 pm (Game 2)

Thursday May 19th

Perry County Central @ Knott County Central 5:30 pm
Leslie County @ Letcher County Central 7:00 pm
Breathitt County @ Powell County 5:30 pm

Menifee County @ Lee County 5:30 pm
Estill County @ George Rogers Clark 5:00 pm
Owsley County @ Jackson County 5:30 pm
Jenkins @ East Ridge 6:00 pm
Hazard @ Boyle County 7:00 pm

Friday May 20th

Knott County Central @ Breathitt County 5:30 pm
June Buchanan @ Buckhorn 6:00 pm
Letcher County Central @ Hazard 6:00 pm
Cordia @ Wolfe County 5:30 pm

Bourbon County @ Powell County 5:30 pm
Rockcastle County @ Estill County 6:00 pm
Allen Central @ Perry County Central 5:30 pm
Owsley County @ Menifee County 5:30 pm
Lee County @ Barbourville 5:30 pm

Saturday May 21st

Wolfe County @ June Buchanan 2:00 pm (Game 1)
Wolfe County @ June Buchanan 3:00 pm (Game 2)

Letcher County Central @ Harlan County 1:00 pm
Jackson City @ Morgan County 12:00 pm
[quote=Strikeout King][align=center]14TH REGION RANKINGS UPDATED (MAY 15, 2011)

[align=left]1) Powell County (20-7) (13-0 Region)

Looks like the records are about to work out how they would fall if they played each other. I believe Estill is better than Wolfe but based on the records they are close. Estill has played a little better competition than Wolfe and has beat Wolfe twice head to head. GOOD LIST! Can't wait for the POST SEASON START!!!!!
X's and O's Wrote:[quote=Strikeout King][align=center]14TH REGION RANKINGS UPDATED (MAY 15, 2011)

[align=left]1) Powell County (20-7) (13-0 Region)

Looks like the records are about to work out how they would fall if they played each other. I believe Estill is better than Wolfe but based on the records they are close. Estill has played a little better competition than Wolfe and has beat Wolfe twice head to head. GOOD LIST! Can't wait for the POST SEASON START!!!!!

as bad as I hate to say but if Estill hadn't played Wolfe I would have probably put Wolfe ahead of Estill but being as Estill beat Wolfe Twice I put Estill ahead of them. Should be a very good Post Season
Other than Wolfe's last 2 wins over Lee,which I would say are decent wins, they haven't beaten anyone or played many that are @ or above .500. Estill's schedule is much tougher.
Estill played 2 of the top teams in the region to 3-2 game vs Powell and 6-4 vs. Knott
Estill has lost some games lately but they haven't lost to any cupcakes.... Powell, Knott, GRC, Model, Bourban Co, Letcher....
I believe the Creech kid is solid, just don't think as a team they can play w/Estill.
X's and O's Wrote:Other than Wolfe's last 2 wins over Lee,which I would say are decent wins, they haven't beaten anyone or played many that are @ or above .500. Estill's schedule is much tougher.
Estill played 2 of the top teams in the region to 3-2 game vs Powell and 6-4 vs. Knott
Estill has lost some games lately but they haven't lost to any cupcakes.... Powell, Knott, GRC, Model, Bourban Co, Letcher....
I believe the Creech kid is solid, just don't think as a team they can play w/Estill.
Wolfe has played Hazard twice, Estill twice, Montgomery once and has them again this week, Model once, leslie once, West Carter twice and who thought Perry would struggle like they have, but wolfe beat their ace who won the regional championship game last year and they have had to face Hamilton twice already who beat knott in the region last year. All of these teams with the exception of Breathitt and Perry have winning records this year and Wolfe has played most of the year with four starters out with injury. They also played Prestonsburgh as well so their schedule has been a tough one as well. Especially for a very small A school that doesn't have alot of Baseball tradition. With all of that being said, with Creech on the mound, they are capable of beating anyone in the region if he is on, but they don't have enough pitching to compete for a regional title, but they could send someone else home early which is what makes tournament time so special.For example, Model beat Estill last on Estill's senior night and Wolfe turned around and beat Model with Creech on the mound. He tied the game in the bottom of the 7th with a long homerun and Wolfe won it in the bottom of the 8th. He held them to 4 or 5 runs. Hamilton at Breathitt is capable of beating anyone as well.
just so you know powell county will play sayre or how ever you spell it tuesday since wolfe had to cancel. i believe this game will actually show people how good powell is. if powell keeps it with in two to three runs or come out with a victory then you know that powell can be a legit contender in and outside of the region
Defender12 Wrote:just so you know powell county will play sayre or how ever you spell it tuesday since wolfe had to cancel. i believe this game will actually show people how good powell is. if powell keeps it with in two to three runs or come out with a victory then you know that powell can be a legit contender in and outside of the region
Powell has the best talent from top to bottom in the region and has had the last two years. Knott is a close second, but none of that means anything come tournament time. Why did Wolfe have to cancel?
I wouldn't call Wolfe's schedule tough by any stretch. As I said Creech is solid, but IMO he cannot beat anybody in the Region if he is on the mound due to lack of total team defense. They will make it to Region so we'll see how it goes there. Yes they do play Montgomery Co again this week along with JBS 3 times. Why reference a win over Model from LAST year?? That has nothing to do with this year's team.
1Baseball Wrote:Wolfe has played Hazard twice, Estill twice, Montgomery once and has them again this week, Model once, leslie once, West Carter twice and who thought Perry would struggle like they have, but wolfe beat their ace who won the regional championship game last year and they have had to face Hamilton twice already who beat knott in the region last year. All of these teams with the exception of Breathitt and Perry have winning records this year and Wolfe has played most of the year with four starters out with injury. They also played Prestonsburgh as well so their schedule has been a tough one as well. Especially for a very small A school that doesn't have alot of Baseball tradition. With all of that being said, with Creech on the mound, they are capable of beating anyone in the region if he is on, but they don't have enough pitching to compete for a regional title, but they could send someone else home early which is what makes tournament time so special.For example, Model beat Estill last on Estill's senior night and Wolfe turned around and beat Model with Creech on the mound. He tied the game in the bottom of the 7th with a long homerun and Wolfe won it in the bottom of the 8th. He held them to 4 or 5 runs. Hamilton at Breathitt is capable of beating anyone as well.

Estill's senior night was suppose to be tonight (5/16) against Bath County but the game was canceled. IF the weather is fine then Senior Night will be against Rockcastle Friday but if the weather is bad then Senior Night for Estill will be during the 1st Round of the Districts Against Lee County
Anyone can be beaten on any given night!
X's and O's Wrote:I wouldn't call Wolfe's schedule tough by any stretch. As I said Creech is solid, but IMO he cannot beat anybody in the Region if he is on the mound due to lack of total team defense. They will make it to Region so we'll see how it goes there. Yes they do play Montgomery Co again this week along with JBS 3 times. Why reference a win over Model from LAST year?? That has nothing to do with this year's team.
I referenced their win over Model last seaon just to show what can happen if a small school like Wolfe has their ace on the mound and he is on that day. The same thing happened to Knott last season. You may not call their schedule tough, but you better take a closer look. The teams I mentioned have had very good seasons and yes, Wolfe plays the Buckhorn's, Menifee's and Cordia's and so on as well they should being a small school. There is no way for them to play murderers row each night. They don't have the arms to do that. That being said, I love the direction the program is going in since Creech took it over. In the six years prior that they were 47-75 and under Creech they are 41-27. That's a great turn around especially without a Middle School team and no Little League program for the last several years.
Creech is a good baseball man, no doubt, but I just disagree this is a tough schedule.
Yes they have played a few good teams. Yes Knott did lose to Breathitt last year and anything can happen come post season, but would call Breathitt a "small school". But Breathitt was a lot better last year than they are this year. Don't see Knott losing to them in the region again. The game they played was close @ KCC but Knott rallied when Hamilton was brought to the mound and Hamilton took the loss. This could be an interesting Regional tourney depending on the draw, best of luck to Wolfe in the district against Breathitt.
No. Breathitt is not a small school, but Wolfe is. I don't think there is any way Wolfe can win region. I'm just saying they could knock someone off. Knott or Powell should win region this year, but who knows.
would have to give the edge to powell, knott second hazard third
Powell is still on top right now...

1 - Powell
T 2 - Hazard
T 2 - Knott
4 - Letcher
5 - Leslie
6 - Estill
7 - Wolfe
8 - Lee
9 - Perry
10 - Cordia
LAST WEEK'S GAMES (MAY 16TH-21ST)

Monday May 16th

Cordia def. Owsley County 5-2
Hazard def. Jenkins 18-4 (5 innings) (Game 1)
Hazard def. Jenkins 11-1 (5 innings) (Game 2)

Powell County def. Montgomery County 11-7
Perry County Central def. Harlan 14-3

Wednesday May 18th

Powell County def. Buckhorn 17-0

Thursday May 19th

Letcher County Central def. Cordia 10-0 (Game 1-LCC)
Letcher County Central def. Leslie County 6-5 (Game 2-LCC)
Powell County def. Breathitt County 6-3

Boyle County def. Hazard 13-4

Friday May 20th

Hazard def. Letcher County Central 14-7
Wolfe County def. Cordia 5-4 (Game 1)
Wolfe County def. Cordia 5-4 (Game 2)

Rockcastle County def. Estill County 6-3
Knott County Central def. South Floyd 12-0 (5 innings)
Menifee County def. Owsley County 14-2 (Game 1)
Menifee County def. Owsley County 5-1 (Game 2)
Perry County Central def. Allen Central 9-8
Bourbon County def. Powell County 10-0
Magoffin County def. Jackson City 18-5 (5 innings)

Saturday May 21st

Wolfe County def. Owsley County 6-5 (Game 1)
Wolfe County def. Owsley County 21-0 (Game 2)
14TH REGION RANKINGS UPDATED (MAY 22ND)

1) Powell County (23-8) (15-0 Region)
-- Knott County Central (20-6) (10-1 Region)

2) Hazard (20-12) (11-2 Region)

3) Letcher County Central (17-13) (11-4 Region)

4) Estill County (12-16) (10-6 Region)
-- Leslie County (12-10) (10-5 Region)
-- Wolfe County (18-15) (14-6 Region)

5) Lee County (14-15) (11-9 Region)

6) Perry County Central (10-19) (3-9 Region)

7) Cordia (9-20) (6-14 Region)

8) Breathitt County (3-16) (3-11 Region)

9) Jenkins (4-20) (2-8 Region)
-- Owsley County (4-18) (2-12 Region)

10) Buckhorn (4-12) (1-12 Region)
-- Jackson City 2-13) (1-11 Region)

THIS WILL THE BE LAST TIME THE REGION RANKINGS IS UPDATED UNTIL IT'S COMPLETELY DONE (REGION CHAMPIONS) ARE EITHER ELIMINATED FROM THE STATE TOURNAMENT
PC being 15-0 in the Region is a good enough argument for me