Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scott County 19 - Lawrence County 9 (Game # 2)
If BGR reminded me of Topix, I would not read it either. The solution is log off and never log back on again.
well in comming back from another suspension, what I can gather is.
a 17 hour "school bus ride" HEAT and everything else going on as one could imagine being exhausted and not focused up and being in bad moods due to the trip down would open up room for lousey play.
i dont think pitching was a problem for the dawgs at all, shep, banks, moore(1 innnig), cline, all threw well, shep being dominate as expected. musick throwing a ton of innings.
Offensively the dawgs scored more earned runs that the other team in the 2 losses and had more hits. im sure my friend CH can back me on that if he does infact have a score sheet?
the first 3 games was absoulety just bad defense, they swung the sticks good, just E after E and E and E. in the first scott county game there was 8 errors in the 2nd innings with 1 or 2 outs i am told after opening up strong in the 1st.
the errors continued in the second game against scott too,
im in no way making excuses for the dawgs, they lost, perhaps beat themselves, they should have won those games, scott was a good team and put the ball in play well against every team down there, i dont think them having a 1-6 record going into florida matter much because its early and they play in one of the toughest regions in the state. im glad the dawgs had their foul up in florida. the positive thing is, that bats came out against good pitching, pitching was still good, and defense was well just horrible but really showed back up in there last game down there against north laurel.
now that the dawgs are back in KY i expect them to pick up back up the defense i believe they left down here and bring back the bats they found in florida, i have no problem and nothing negative to say about the pitching as of yet,
every team loses, every team has some bad games no matter how good you are.
pikeville will get theres aswell as everyone else. i still believe its Pikeville ans LC's region with LC on the advantage, pikeville will not be overlooked.

busy week for the dawgs look for them to keep on rolling in KY.

and one more note, i am done with BGR, i agree with hussle its ridiculous BS(segar) is nothing but BS. im going back to topix where i can say what i want and dont have to worry about barney fiffe banning me and hating on me because im not one of the good ole boys who get by with the same stuff i do.
all i got is....... NECK!
[quote=LAsweetness]
[QUOTE]a 17 hour "school bus ride" HEAT and everything else going on as one could imagine being exhausted and not focused up and being in bad moods due to the trip down would open up room for lousey play.[/QUOTE]Since every school down there was from Kentucky, they could all make that same sorry excuse, but guess what? They didn't. lol

[QUOTE]and one more note, i am done with BGR[/QUOTE] :party2:

[QUOTE]im going back to topix where i can say what i want and dont have to worry about barney fiffe banning me and hating on me [/QUOTE][COLOR="red"]
LOL. I think that statement speaks volumes
[/COLOR].
Bob Seger Wrote:lol
Nope. Scott County played in different conditions and did not have a bus ride to Florida. They hopped in their Cardinal Teleportation Bus and poof they were in the Sunshine State. They have uniforms that are heat resistant, making 90 degree weather feel like 65. We should all be as lucky to have the Toyota Japanese Technology that Scott County has.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Nope. Scott County played in different conditions and did not have a bus ride to Florida. They hopped in their Cardinal Teleportation Bus and poof they were in the Sunshine State. They have uniforms that are heat resistant, making 90 degree weather feel like 65. We should all be as lucky to have the Toyota Japanese Technology that Scott County has.

:Thumbs:

:Clap:
actually all the schools had big coach buses, huge difference from a school bus.
Scott actually may have been one of the 3 or 4 teams that flew down. I dont think anyone is making excuses, Errors killed them, the dogs lost fair and square i think the point that some are trying to make is, scott didnt come out while LC was playing their best ball, and spank them. LC had more hits and Earned runs that scott, take away half the errors and they win, the dogs should have won but didnt they lost, but scott is not a nobody team, they put the ball in play, and made plays, had some pretty good pitching too. they play in one of the toughest region. lc in my opinion is the better team just not that day.
again ill say, shepherd is in fact the camper with LC in his hiking back pack.

go dawgs!!
doomsday Wrote:actually all the schools had big coach buses, huge difference from a school bus.
Scott actually may have been one of the 3 or 4 teams that flew down. I dont think anyone is making excuses, Errors killed them, the dogs lost fair and square i think the point that some are trying to make is, scott didnt come out while LC was playing their best ball, and spank them. LC had more hits and Earned runs that scott, take away half the errors and they win, the dogs should have won but didnt they lost, but scott is not a nobody team, they put the ball in play, and made plays, had some pretty good pitching too. they play in one of the toughest region. lc in my opinion is the better team just not that day.

Well actually in that situation they are. LC is supposed to be a legitamate top 10 team? Scott is not even sniffing the rankings yet. There is absolutely no excuse for a top 10 team to get beat that badly twice in a row. All that should show, if the rankings are correct, is that LC has a problem with focus. I am sure if they go into that game focused it would've been different, but they didn't, and I think it shows immaturity within the team itself. Shepherd can only do so much, they need another leader besides him?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Well actually in that situation they are. LC is supposed to be a legitamate top 10 team? Scott is not even sniffing the rankings yet. There is absolutely no excuse for a top 10 team to get beat that badly twice in a row. All that should show, if the rankings are correct, is that LC has a problem with focus. I am sure if they go into that game focused it would've been different, but they didn't, and I think it shows immaturity within the team itself. Shepherd can only do so much, they need another leader besides him?

Again I agree but, EVERYONE was making errors in these 2 games except the bench players. Upsets happen, bad days happen, Lc still walks away the better team just had 2 in the loss column.
doomsday Wrote:Again I agree but, EVERYONE was making errors in these 2 games except the bench players. Upsets happen, bad days happen, Lc still walks away the better team just had 2 in the loss column.

What i'm trying to say is regardless of team having a bad day, you do not let teams like that beat you that bad twice in a row. If you are a legitamate top 10 team this doesn't happen. Therefore, i personally do not think they are a top 10 team anymore because of their maturity level on the field.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:What i'm trying to say is regardless of team having a bad day, you do not let teams like that beat you that bad twice in a row. If you are a legitamate top 10 team this doesn't happen. Therefore, i personally do not think they are a top 10 team anymore because of their maturity level on the field.

Well in the new poll that came out this morning they are now ranked 27. I've heard coaches around eastern Ky say that with Shepard on the mound they are a top 5 team and without him they are not top 25. I personally don't know anything about them other than it seems they are always in position to win a Region title at the end of the year.