Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scott County 19 - Lawrence County 9 (Game # 2)
Bob Seger Wrote:Aint you a sight for sore eyes. Hey, where you been for so loooong?
Hey I havent been around much lately check your PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
dawgbyte02 Wrote:Give 'em a break guys, spring break, 80 degrees, beach bunnies every where. How's a guy supposed to concentrate on a baseball game.

Scott Co. somehow managed to.
Did Sweat Pea get suspended?

As far as post season, someone better step up or it is gonna be boring for the Big 2 unless they like getting walked. I agree these are meaningless games, but it should bring you back to earth.
Where are all the LC posters with "Sweet" in their handle?

:biggrin:
Score was actually 17-9, not that it changes anything. You guys love jabbing the knife in the players for LC, but it isnt the players that get on here and boast. (thank goodness most of them don't read this garbage)

Bad day yesterday-errors were out of control. You guys want them humbled? You got it. Bad days happen----to everyone. It is anyone's game on any day.

This is a talented team-regardless of what you want to argue on this forum. It's early season for them and every other team Perhaps you guys should find a new hobby other than bashing high school ball teams and arguing with teenagers?
Dawg@heart Wrote:Score was actually 17-9, not that it changes anything. You guys love jabbing the knife in the players for LC, but it isnt the players that get on here and boast. (thank goodness most of them don't read this garbage)

Bad day yesterday-errors were out of control. You guys want them humbled? You got it. Bad days happen----to everyone. It is anyone's game on any day.

This is a talented team-regardless of what you want to argue on this forum. It's early season for them and every other team Perhaps you guys should find a new hobby other than bashing high school ball teams and arguing with teenagers?
Most of the people that post in this forum are people that enjoy discussing sports. And all are people that do so in a mature way.

How are you going to say find a new hobby to those that have been mainstays on this site and not condemn the ignorant, immature LC faithful? THEY ASKED FOR IT. No one is making it personal with the Baseball team, it is calling out those who act as if LCHS' Baseball team was placed on the diamond by God himself. Most of us understand that it happens to everyone, and there are exaggerations at the expense of the clique that likes to show up when LC is winning and has disappeared as of the past two days.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Most of the people that post in this forum are people that enjoy discussing sports. And all are people that do so in a mature way.

How are you going to say find a new hobby to those that have been mainstays on this site and not condemn the ignorant, immature LC faithful? THEY ASKED FOR IT. No one is making it personal with the Baseball team, it is calling out those who act as if LCHS' Baseball team was placed on the diamond by God himself. Most of us understand that it happens to everyone, and there are exaggerations at the expense of the clique that likes to show up when LC is winning and has disappeared as of the past two days.

Good Post! Those posters earned this very well.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Most of the people that post in this forum are people that enjoy discussing sports. And all are people that do so in a mature way.

Great post. No one means any disrespect to the LC team whatsoever.
I don't typically post in the baseball forum, because quite frankly, I don't follow HS baseball all that much. But, is this Scott County, KY LC has played in 2 games and lost to? If so, why in the world would 2 teams probably less than 2 and a 1/2 hours away from each other travel all the way to Florida to play baseball only to end up facing each other???
As for the kids getting on here and blowing about LC baseball and all that, I think Pikeville had their fair share of those same types posting in all the SV threads about Pikeville Basketball... so, I think it is safe to say we all have people that are "the faithful" that we would just as soon not post. :biggrin:
Haven't seen the other pitchers but I wouldn't consider Cline to be all that great. He is a solid pitcher but any descent team will be able to put runs on the board against him. LC is a good team but they're not top 10 in the state at this point. They can beat anyone with Shep on the mound but obviously there is a pretty good drop off after him. In my opinion, losing Burton hurt the Lawrence County pitching staff a lot more than some would like to acknowledge. For the most part I see a lot of opposing fans slamming LC (usually the same few guys) and LC fans retaliate by talking up for the program. Therefore everyone acts like LC fans build the program up to this unbelievable level. Kinda reminds me of UK fans taking up for their program when UT, UNC, Duke, etc fans slam the Cats. A lot of childish blabbering going on around here.
bob seger Wrote:aint you a sight for sore eyes. Hey, where you been for so loooong?

go dawgs!!!
WildDawg Wrote:Haven't seen the other pitchers but I wouldn't consider Cline to be all that great. He is a solid pitcher but any descent team will be able to put runs on the board against him. LC is a good team but they're not top 10 in the state at this point. They can beat anyone with Shep on the mound but obviously there is a pretty good drop off after him. In my opinion, losing Burton hurt the Lawrence County pitching staff a lot more than some would like to acknowledge.

For the most part I see a lot of opposing fans slamming LC (usually the same few guys) and LC fans retaliate by talking up for the program. Therefore everyone acts like LC fans build the program up to this unbelievable level. Kinda reminds me of UK fans taking up for their program when UT, UNC, Duke, etc fans slam the Cats. A lot of childish blabbering going on around here.

lol.....WildDawg has a WildImagination!!
WildDawg Wrote:Haven't seen the other pitchers but I wouldn't consider Cline to be all that great. He is a solid pitcher but any descent team will be able to put runs on the board against him. LC is a good team but they're not top 10 in the state at this point. They can beat anyone with Shep on the mound but obviously there is a pretty good drop off after him. In my opinion, losing Burton hurt the Lawrence County pitching staff a lot more than some would like to acknowledge. For the most part I see a lot of opposing fans slamming LC (usually the same few guys) and LC fans retaliate by talking up for the program. Therefore everyone acts like LC fans build the program up to this unbelievable level. Kinda reminds me of UK fans taking up for their program when UT, UNC, Duke, etc fans slam the Cats. A lot of childish blabbering going on around here.
Could you provide some evidence of people "slamming" LC? I do not believe that has happened. Everyone is aware of their talents and they are a solid team. However, because of this some kids from LC thought it would be fun to "slam" every other team that is not far behind or maybe on par with LC. No one attacks LC's abilities, people do attack the posters that only post on here to make a mockery of BGR. The only bashing of teams is coming from Louisa, not into it.
LCDawg Wrote:I don't typically post in the baseball forum, because quite frankly, I don't follow HS baseball all that much. But, is this Scott County, KY LC has played in 2 games and lost to? If so, why in the world would 2 teams probably less than 2 and a 1/2 hours away from each other travel all the way to Florida to play baseball only to end up facing each other???
I guess it is fun to take a trip because a lot of teams do it. Take a look at the schedule on KHSAA. Tons of games being played between KY schools out of state.
^ I'd say it is a lot of fun, regardless of who you are playing... you are right there for sure. :Thumbs:

:Thumbs: Excellent post!
Panther Thunder Wrote:I guess it is fun to take a trip because a lot of teams do it. Take a look at the schedule on KHSAA. Tons of games being played between KY schools out of state.
Just some random thoughts on Florida trip.Very expensive to play baseball. Not everyone can afford it. That is why some do not play. $400.00 for player fee, $400.00 for gasoline, $500.00 for motel, $200.00 for food, not counting any frills. It is not necessarily fun for everyone in the family to be stuck at a ball field for four days and this might be your only vacation if you even get one. All this to play a local team. Of course if only the player goes you are out about $600.00, still fairly expensive to play local teams. It does not make a lot of sense to me. If I was taking my team to Florida I would want to play the best teams in Florida which are not necessarily going to be Ky teams.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:Just some random thoughts on Florida trip.Very expensive to play baseball. Not everyone can afford it. That is why some do not play. $400.00 for player fee, $400.00 for gasoline, $500.00 for motel, $200.00 for food, not counting any frills. It is not necessarily fun for everyone in the family to be stuck at a ball field for four days and this might be your only vacation if you even get one. All this to play a local team. Of course if only the player goes you are out about $600.00, still fairly expensive to play local teams. It does not make a lot of sense to me. If I was taking my team to Florida I would want to play the best teams in Florida which are not necessarily going to be Ky teams.
All good points. I guess its just part of the whole deal. I know that Cheerleading at Pikeville is very expensive for all of those involved. It is unfortunate that some kids may not be able to do what they want due to financial reasons. It could be something brought up with the school board or something, I'm not sure.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Change in the ole Battle cry, eh?

That wasn't the tone a few weeks ago. LC was gonna set the world on fire. Now 2 losses and people are backtracking all the way to the games are meaningless? It is just 2 losses! The LC faithful should not go from the top of the mountain to waiting for May to ride the ski-lift up. Keep the mentality you had. It was more fun that way.

I am not singling you out DB02, just a shout out to those who deserve it in general.
That's just my general feeling on high school baseball and softball.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:Just some random thoughts on Florida trip.Very expensive to play baseball. Not everyone can afford it. That is why some do not play. $400.00 for player fee, $400.00 for gasoline, $500.00 for motel, $200.00 for food, not counting any frills. It is not necessarily fun for everyone in the family to be stuck at a ball field for four days and this might be your only vacation if you even get one. All this to play a local team. Of course if only the player goes you are out about $600.00, still fairly expensive to play local teams. It does not make a lot of sense to me. If I was taking my team to Florida I would want to play the best teams in Florida which are not necessarily going to be Ky teams.

Very good points... I myself don't understand what the purpose is in traveling to Florida to play baseball, or in the girls softball case, TN and Myrtle Beach. Expensive for all involved and causes the kids, at least at LC, to miss 4-5 days of school.

If you feel the need to play teams away from here why not travel to the Lexington area, Louisville area, Northern KY area or just across the river to WV/OH?
very open minded to this thread, the "lc faithful" did jump to excuses i can see but props to them because of their stand behind their team. I myself am a LC fan and do understand that the rioters on here are the ones who are taking the "slams" spoken of not the team. only good remarks come from the posters about the LC team itself. in conclusion with the vanishment of "sweet pea" since the break could you conclude that perhaps he is on the baseball team of LC? i find myself putting together the pieces and is very convincing to me. from what i have heard, both of the scott victories were nasty losses indeed to LC. however i would like to mention the errors in both games and the rotation of pitchers that were found on the hill for the first time this season---- but thats baseball for ya. LC is still going to be bringing it come district and region.
I am here at the Sports Village in Vero Beach Fla. There are 5 Ky. teams here at the village.It concerns me that there is apparently no interest or concern about any team other than Lawrence County. This interest has taken the form of negative bashing of the L.C. team. There may be a disclaimer but I assure you that the team is recieving it as a bash. The team has never been deserving of this type of attention. The goonie little people deserve whatever they get. Let me tell you about play thus far. L.C. has played badly the whole time down here as well as several of the other teams.On Sunday they they opened against N.Laurel with Tate pitching a pretty good game, but the Dawgs had error after error and found themselves down 5to zip late in the game.The Dawgs came back in the 5-6scoring 6 runs and winning the game in the 7th after Shep came to close throwing ten pitches.This same team form Laurel dealt J.C. a heavy blow 18/5. Monday L.C. lplayed Scott a cloned double header. In these games it was again E+E+Eand I mean tons of them In the three games there must have been 20+ The score board was quite kind. LC offense was great,lots of hits and 19 runs.They just could not stop the errors.Lots of changes in the outfield and infield. No excuses it was a lousy game in the field. Any type of error that could be made,was. I believe this was Scott's first game and they should have had their whole staff available.They have a good ball club and good schedule. Shep did not pitch,Moore threw less than 20 pitches and Banks was not available. Pitching was not the problem. It was the big "D". I anticipated that certain individuals would continue the attack on L.C. Baseball and they have. I would like to thank JRS and PT for maintaining class while remembering to give alittle baseball to the threads and conversation.I must admit that is is concerning and surprising to me that a coach,administrator, and long time member (39,000 +posts) would in #4 urge on the gutting of a high school baseball team. I am sure that will be denied . It is what it is and there for personal evaluation. Personally I must take leave from BGR because over time it has turned itself into BGTopix. Therefore it holds no value to me.
Commanche Wrote:Did Sweat Pea get suspended?

As far as post season, someone better step up or it is gonna be boring for the Big 2 unless they like getting walked. I agree these are meaningless games, but it should bring you back to earth.
I can understand your statement Commanche but I am afraid that you do not have the data and stat. sheets unless you have privy to same. If you did I believe your statement would be Big four. Names :that would only complicate an already fragile situation and should come from a coach. I am sure you understand.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:I am here at the Sports Village in Vero Beach Fla. There are 5 Ky. teams here at the village.It concerns me that there is apparently no interest or concern about any team other than Lawrence County. This interest has taken the form of negative bashing of the L.C. team. There may be a disclaimer but I assure you that the team is recieving it as a bash. The team has never been deserving of this type of attention. The goonie little people deserve whatever they get. Let me tell you about play thus far. L.C. has played badly the whole time down here as well as several of the other teams.On Sunday they they opened against N.Laurel with Tate pitching a pretty good game, but the Dawgs had error after error and found themselves down 5to zip late in the game.The Dawgs came back in the 5-6scoring 6 runs and winning the game in the 7th after Shep came to close throwing ten pitches.This same team form Laurel dealt J.C. a heavy blow 18/5. Monday L.C. lplayed Scott a cloned double header. In these games it was again E+E+Eand I mean tons of them In the three games there must have been 20+ The score board was quite kind. LC offense was great,lots of hits and 19 runs.They just could not stop the errors.Lots of changes in the outfield and infield. No excuses it was a lousy game in the field. Any type of error that could be made,was. I believe this was Scott's first game and they should have had their whole staff available.They have a good ball club and good schedule. Shep did not pitch,Moore threw less than 20 pitches and Banks was not available. Pitching was not the problem. It was the big "D". I anticipated that certain individuals would continue the attack on L.C. Baseball and they have. I would like to thank JRS and PT for maintaining class while remembering to give alittle baseball to the threads and conversation.I must admit that is is concerning and surprising to me that a coach,administrator, and long time member (39,000 +posts) would in #4 urge on the gutting of a high school baseball team. I am sure that will be denied . It is what it is and there for personal evaluation. Personally I must take leave from BGR because over time it has turned itself into BGTopix. Therefore it holds no value to me.

According to Dawg@heart "the players dont read this junk" anyways. Perhaps she could be mistaken on that though. I think that one of the other posters may have hit the nail on the head with his assumption of Sweet Pea being a team member. It also seems very suspicious to me that all of the other little ''Goonies" have been silent since school let out last friday. There has not been one single post from the whole multitude since then. Could they all be players? Could it all be just coinidence? Certainly something to think about hustle. Personally IMO, I believe they have all been players. That should be the most disturbing part of all to you CH, considering those posts of the personal nature that appeared the other day. If that indeed be the case, then call it bashing or whatever you want to call it, that makes it seem some have it all coming. I very vividly remember LCgrad's arrogance with his boasts and comments in the pregame Lawrence Co./Rowan Co. football threads just prior to Rowans thrashing of Lawrence Co. I distinctly remember him belittling some of Rowan's players and their abilities. Some just never seem to learn their lesson. At the risk of sounding repetitive, I say again, "It's got to be in the water."

You may be too close to the action right now to see the forest for the trees. At least give that the benefit of the doubt, CH. Everything is pointing towards there being a lot of validity to what I'm saying. Everybody in eastern Kentucky wants to have a feel good feeling towards LC or anybody else that derserves recognition, sadly the LC fan base wont let us.
Not trying to be smart here or anything like that... but why is it, Bob Seger, that you feel the need to post a comment in every LC related baseball thread on this forum? I don't typically frequent the Baseball thread on this forum, but as of late have noticed LC in the title of several threads so I thought I would check them out. In nearly every thread there is a post from BS in what appears to be trying to rile up the "goons" from LC.
LCDawg Wrote:Not trying to be smart here or anything like that... but why is it, Bob Seger, that you feel the need to post a comment in every LC related baseball thread on this forum? I don't typically frequent the Baseball thread on this forum, but as of late have noticed LC in the title of several threads so I thought I would check them out. In nearly every thread there is a post from BS in what appears to be trying to rile up the "goons" from LC.

Is there something in this thread that I incited? I don't think so!!! Did you ever stop to think that the "goonies" (Charlie Hustle's term by the way, not mine) turn every thread into an LC thread and open themselves up? They are the very birds who put these great big targets on their backs. Seems as if almost the entire BGR community (outside of Lawrence Co.) can confirm that. I think you'll find that hard to argue with.

Not trying to be smart here or anything like that back at you , but it must just be your imagination my friend.:eyeroll:
Bob Seger Wrote:Is there something in this thread that I incited? Could it be that the "goonies" (Charlie Hustle's term by the way, not mine) turn every thread into an LC thread?

Not trying to be smart here or anything like that back at you , but it must just be your imagination my friend.:eyeroll:

Maybe it is... :eyeroll:
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:I am here at the Sports Village in Vero Beach Fla. There are 5 Ky. teams here at the village.It concerns me that there is apparently no interest or concern about any team other than Lawrence County. This interest has taken the form of negative bashing of the L.C. team. There may be a disclaimer but I assure you that the team is recieving it as a bash. The team has never been deserving of this type of attention. The goonie little people deserve whatever they get. Let me tell you about play thus far. L.C. has played badly the whole time down here as well as several of the other teams.On Sunday they they opened against N.Laurel with Tate pitching a pretty good game, but the Dawgs had error after error and found themselves down 5to zip late in the game.The Dawgs came back in the 5-6scoring 6 runs and winning the game in the 7th after Shep came to close throwing ten pitches.This same team form Laurel dealt J.C. a heavy blow 18/5. Monday L.C. lplayed Scott a cloned double header. In these games it was again E+E+Eand I mean tons of them In the three games there must have been 20+ The score board was quite kind. LC offense was great,lots of hits and 19 runs.They just could not stop the errors.Lots of changes in the outfield and infield. No excuses it was a lousy game in the field. Any type of error that could be made,was. I believe this was Scott's first game and they should have had their whole staff available.They have a good ball club and good schedule. Shep did not pitch,Moore threw less than 20 pitches and Banks was not available. Pitching was not the problem. It was the big "D". I anticipated that certain individuals would continue the attack on L.C. Baseball and they have. I would like to thank JRS and PT for maintaining class while remembering to give alittle baseball to the threads and conversation.I must admit that is is concerning and surprising to me that a coach,administrator, and long time member (39,000 +posts) would in #4 urge on the gutting of a high school baseball team. I am sure that will be denied . It is what it is and there for personal evaluation. Personally I must take leave from BGR because over time it has turned itself into BGTopix. Therefore it holds no value to me.
I have said the very same thing over in the Basketball forum... this place has become a complete joke with all the rumors and childish posts by both kids/adults. :Thumbs:
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:I can understand your statement Commanche but I am afraid that you do not have the data and stat. sheets unless you have privy to same. If you did I believe your statement would be Big four. Names :that would only complicate an already fragile situation and should come from a coach. I am sure you understand.

Hustle, glad to get your input on the situation down there. I was wondering what happened to you.

I was only referring to Tate and Chan as they are the only returning players who batted in the top of the order last year. Pikeville has had its fair share of Senioritis over the years. They pressure themselves too much and it affects there play. It could happen to us as well.

Tate very well happens to be one of my favorite players in the Region. Super player and better young man. I wish him nothing but the best. Chan is Chan, he is the best I have witnessed in the region in several years, however everyone is prone to a slump. My point is that they will both see plenty of freebies until someone steps up behind them and produces. Maybe a lineup shift by the coaches is needed to protect them for this. That may be happening as I have not seen the stat sheets from any of there games down there.