Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike County Junior High Volleyball
We hear a lot about what's going on in Floyd County... what's been going on in Pike County with Junior high volleyball??
GoReds Wrote:We hear a lot about what's going on in Floyd County... what's been going on in Pike County with Junior high volleyball??
Pikeville Junior High School (middle school) currently sits undefeated in Pike County, having defeated all but Elkhorn City and Dorton, whom they have not played yet. Pikeville also just won the Allen Central VolleyFest this past weekend, winning the championship out of the losers bracket (dropped first match to ACMS on Friday night), which involved them winning a total of 5 matches from 1:10 p.m. to approximately 7:00 p.m. They defeated ACMS in the championship twice due to AC not having lost a game (double elimination, even in the championship match). Tough tourney and they proved themselves to be a very strong team this year.
Pikeville lost a tough one to Belfry Middle last night (Monday). Both schools currently tied atop the standings with one loss apiece (to each other on). PJHS plays Feds Creek tonight at Feds Creek. PJHS was coming off a grueling weekend that saw them play a total of 7 matches in less than 24 hours, but that is no excuse, Belfry was the better team last night. Both teams played a little sloppy, but Belfry made fewer mistakes and survived a hard comeback attempt by PJHS in the second set that actually saw Pikeville take a lead very late with an opportunity to win the set.
PJHS defeated Feds Creek 2-0 tonight. Short a couple players due to injuries, but some younger players really stepped up their game.
PJHS Volleyball remaining 2011 schedule:

April 18th: Elkhorn City (home)
April 19th: Dorton (home)
April 21st: Mullins (home)
April 22nd: Elkhorn City (away)
April 25th: Millard (home)
April 26th: Johns Creek (home) 8TH GRADE NIGHT
April 28th-30th: Pike County Tournament (At Virgie Middle School)

So far the PJHS volleyball "A" team is currently 15-2 (I believe, I may be off by a game or two on the wins), with one loss to ACMS, and only one county loss to Belfry (also own a win over Belfry). Currently in the middle of having a GREAT season so far, very proud of these girls!
Pikeville Junior High defeated Elkhorn City 2-0 tonight.
PHSForever Wrote:PJHS Volleyball remaining 2011 schedule:

April 18th: Elkhorn City (home)
April 19th: Dorton (home)
April 21st: Mullins (home)
April 22nd: Elkhorn City (away)
April 25th: Millard (home)
April 26th: Johns Creek (home) 8TH GRADE NIGHT
April 28th-30th: Pike County Tournament (At Virgie Middle School)

So far the PJHS volleyball "A" team is currently 15-2 (I believe, I may be off by a game or two on the wins), with one loss to ACMS, and only one county loss to Belfry (also own a win over Belfry). Currently in the middle of having a GREAT season so far, very proud of these girls!
PJHS "A" team defeated Dorton 2-0 last night. B and C teams won their matches as well. Great night!
PHSForever Wrote:PJHS "A" team defeated Dorton 2-0 last night. B and C teams won their matches as well. Great night!
PJHS A team defeated Mullins tonight 2-0.
PHSForever Wrote:PJHS A team defeated Mullins tonight 2-0.
PJHS A team defeated Elkhorn City Friday night and Millard tonight (Monday). Play Johns Creek tomorrow on 8th Grade Night. Last regular season game before the county tournament.
PHSForever Wrote:PJHS A team defeated Elkhorn City Friday night and Millard tonight (Monday). Play Johns Creek tomorrow on 8th Grade Night. Last regular season game before the county tournament.
PJHS A team defeated Johns Creek 2-0 on 8th grade night tonight. Finished up the regular season with only one in county loss and the #2 seed for the county tournament. First game for PJHS is Friday night at 8 pm at Virgie Middle School. Great job girls! Very proud of this 8th grade group that has played together for 3 years now, they play like a well oiled machine.
Good luck to Pikeville!! It'd be nice to see a new county champion in Pike County!
GoReds Wrote:Good luck to Pikeville!! It'd be nice to see a new county champion in Pike County!
Oh I agree completely! :-) Complete bracket is being posted on the other thread that I started about the county tournament. I will update with match results as I find out about them.
Good luck 2 pville, and all pike county vball teams!!!
meangreenrobinette Wrote:Good luck 2 pville, and all pike county vball teams!!!
Thank you! Results from last night are that Dorton beat Elkhorn City and Phelps beat Mullins. Johns Creek vs Millard results I have not been able to track down yet. Tonight's games are Belfry vs Dorton, Pikeville vs Phelps, and Virgie vs Feds Creek.