Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence-Magoffin
Dashiprock Wrote:i can tell you right now there was a game after the MC game. those were all stats from last night not just one game. No strike outs last night were on him sorry.... As for the bold, your right MC would have MAYBE scored one or two runs but yet LC still had 6.
His last plate appearance against MC he did strike out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Thanks for setting the record straight Batpuff.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I would've love to see that team play some summer games.

Yeah, you would have PT. They were a hardcore bunch that played the game the way it's supposed to be played. By the way, please excuse all of the grammatical errors in that post. Sheesh, I wrote it and even I had trouble deciphering what I wrote.
Dashiprock Wrote:i can assure im right, that post was coming from the same guy saying that MC is a good ball club hitting less runs in a month then LC did in one night.
Some of your facts are not right is what im saying, everything he did in the 2nd game, idk about so you can have them stats, but shepard didnt go perfect on hitting last night. He struck out in the bottom of the 6th and that is a a FACT!!

Magoffin County is a good ball club, they have there up and downs just like every other team. They have improved alot over the years and is not a team that your going to woop on like they used to. They have some good young talent that can upset anybody on a giving night.

You are right Magoffin has not scored many run this month, but I want you to look at who they haved played this month, LC would have a hard time competeing against those 4 teams.

But congrats to LC on the win and the great performance pitching by Shepard, the kid is good and wish him best of luck
Shep = Mr. Baseball whether all the jealous mom's and dad's on this board likes to admit it or not. Just that simple!! :moon:
baseballfan Wrote:Some of your facts are not right is what im saying, everything he did in the 2nd game, idk about so you can have them stats, but shepard didnt go perfect on hitting last night. He struck out in the bottom of the 6th and that is a a FACT!!

Magoffin County is a good ball club, they have there up and downs just like every other team. They have improved alot over the years and is not a team that your going to woop on like they used to. They have some good young talent that can upset anybody on a giving night.

You are right Magoffin has not scored many run this month, but I want you to look at who they haved played this month, LC would have a hard time competeing against those 4 teams.

But congrats to LC on the win and the great performance pitching by Shepard, the kid is good and wish him best of luck

Must of missed the strike out, but as for MC..... when they beat a notable team then they can be considered a good ball club, just saying... you cant really say they are without beating a good quality team..
Bob Seger Wrote:Ton of upside?.....probably has some. I wouldn't particularly say a ton. He's pretty developed.

I remember seeing a rag tag bunch out of Pikeville and Paintsville go down to Lexington and face a pitcher from #1 ranked Lafayette, that was Kentucky's Mr. Baseball for that year and ended up being a first round draft choice as well. He is the best high school pitcher that I have personally ever seen, by the way. For 7 innings he dropped below 91 only three times with his fastball. He hit 87 once, 89 once and 90 once. Everything else was 91 and above. He also had an 86 MPH curve ball that started at your head and ended up belt high across the plate. He was still hitting on this day this kid 95 in the 7th. (Note : This pitcher bottoms out about where Shepherd tops out) Scouts were there that day as well. This kid had 16 strike outs and allowed one hit this day. AND GOT BEAT!!!! by dem bunch aboys from the 15th region that couldn't hit either.

By the way some may have seen the name of Chas Roe on the Rockies Major League roster at the end of last season.

All this may mean nothing but it does make a point that great pitchers can be beat by teams that they shouldn't get beat even when they walk away with overpowering pitching performances. And again by the way Lafayette's supporting cast was way better than this years version of the Bulldogs. This day even that was not enough.

Bottom line is I wouldn't count any team out even if Chandler is on the mound. Sometimes Stuff happens!!!!

Seems like you're pretty passionate about the fact that the 15th can hit anyone, I like your enthusiasm! I just don't feel that this will be the year anyone can hit him. I understand your theory, and that may come about; but if I was a betting man i'd take Shep this year. We'll just have to see.

Yeah, I still think he has a TON of UPSIDE!!! Not only pitching, but in the field as well. I can tell you're going to have something else to say about it, but time will only tell my friend. Just my opinion, but i'm smart enough to know all that can get you sometimes is 50 cents and a cup of coffee lol...
15th Region Pride Wrote:Seems like you're pretty passionate about the fact that the 15th can hit anyone, I like your enthusiasm! I just don't feel that this will be the year anyone can hit him. I understand your theory, and that may come about; but if I was a betting man i'd take Shep this year. We'll just have to see.

Yeah, I still think he has a TON of UPSIDE!!! Not only pitching, but in the field as well. I can tell you're going to have something else to say about it, but time will only tell my friend. Just my opinion, but i'm smart enough to know all that can get you sometimes is 50 cents and a cup of coffee lol...

Uh, and you're picking up on that assumption where?

What I can tell is,..........(A) you probably aint been around all that long.....and.....(B) it sounds like evidently you didn't understand the first thing about what I said to begin with.....lol
baseballfan Wrote:Some of your facts are not right is what im saying, everything he did in the 2nd game, idk about so you can have them stats, but shepard didnt go perfect on hitting last night. He struck out in the bottom of the 6th and that is a a FACT!!

yeah magoffin may be a good team when they play perry centrel or pike centrel etc, east ridge, but they cant play with the big dawgs,
i dont think MC would have scored a run with banks or cline on the mound,

Shep pitched a great game and infront of all those scouts even though it was just mc they are looking for, velocity, movement, composure, and hitting spots, which he did all night. great pitched game very impressive.

mc wants to call themselves a good team?:lmao: beat someone and do something:flush::Thumbs:
Dashiprock Wrote:Must of missed the strike out, but as for MC..... when they beat a notable team then they can be considered a good ball club, just saying... you cant really say they are without beating a good quality team..
What teams would you like them to beat, to become a good ball team? Just asking?
baseballfan Wrote:What teams would you like them to beat, to become a good ball team? Just asking?

You are dealing with LC fans and they do not give anyone credit but Shep and the Dawgs. Dont blow your keyboard arguing with a bunch of nuts.
Wildcats11 Wrote:Shep = Mr. Baseball whether all the jealous mom's and dad's on this board likes to admit it or not. Just that simple!! :moon:

I hope he gets it but people like you cause people to root against him. Grow up man.

Shep is not a shoe in however, he is a top candidate I am sure.
15th Region Pride Wrote:Seems like you're pretty passionate about the fact that the 15th can hit anyone, I like your enthusiasm! I just don't feel that this will be the year anyone can hit him. I understand your theory, and that may come about; but if I was a betting man i'd take Shep this year. We'll just have to see.

Much more upside in the field, but face it, HE WILL NOT PLAY THE FIELD AT UK if he is a starter. Kapyten does but he plays first and is a reliever. He is also a power hitter.
Bob Seger Wrote:Uh, and you're picking up on that assumption where?

What I can tell is,..........(A) you probably aint been around all that long.....and.....(B) it sounds like evidently you didn't understand the first thing about what I said to begin with.....lol

Hahahaha.....well thanks for trying to make me feel like an idiot lol....i don't feel like wasting my time arguing bobby, the kid can play....let's just leave it at that....
15th Region Pride Wrote:Hahahaha.....well thanks for trying to make me feel like an idiot lol....i don't feel like wasting my time arguing bobby, the kid can play....let's just leave it at that....

Well...uh...Ok, but I'm not sure you should give me all the credit for it.

Confusedhh:
baseballfan Wrote:What teams would you like them to beat, to become a good ball team? Just asking?

maybe a top 5 team in the region or better yet a district game...
Dashiprock Wrote:maybe a top 5 team in the region or better yet a district game...
The only team Magoffin has not beatin over the last few years is LC, They beat JC last year. MC is a good ball club, and I'm in no way saying there a LC calbier team, but there a good team who not going to get wooped on and can cause a few upsets
Chandler hit one against Belfry and the next night against Spring Valley. Both were absolute shots to left field.