Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 7 - Johnson Central 2
panther Thunder is one of the most knowledgeable on this site and always gives respect when it is deserved.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:You are underestimating Burton.
Has nothing to do with his talent. He is a solid pitcher. But to put a kid in that situation is just not fair to him. So much has transpired that it would be more emotional and less baseball. I don't doubt Sam's ability to throw a solid game against anyone and when he is on he is a special pitcher. But why put him in that situation when it will already be nerve racking enough playing CF/RF and batting. Region may be a different story depending on how the 2 regular season games go and how the draw works out. That is assuming both teams advance far enough to face each other which is by no means a guarantee. And I doubt we see Chandler for the reason you mentioned. It doesn't do LC any good to give Pikeville a look at him for 5-7 innings in a meaningless game. I wouldn't doubt we see Maynard and Cecil for Pikeville. Cline and Banks for LC. Plus some relievers.
White Gold Wielder Wrote:Sorry fot the typo (ashamed)

Panther Thunder is a pikeville fan hence his moniker but he said nothing out of line about Shepherd so he said nothing to be ashmed of. And as for the scouts leaving if you would have watched they got up and moved to a different location.

dawgbyte02 Wrote:panther Thunder is one of the most knowledgeable on this site and always gives respect when it is deserved.
Appreciate it guys!
Moundbound Wrote:Sends jc packing? Like he has in the past right?

hm funny you mention it, but for the record CHandler has never beaten Jc in the past either.... well well well lookey what we have here.... 7-2
Its anyones ball game....
Eagle Eye Wrote:How does a team clinch it in the sixth without scoring a run and falls behind 2-1!! :popcorn:

my mistake i typed the wrong inning. how bout that 3 run homer by banks late in the game? sounds clutch to me.. you may differ. :biggrin:
Tate Banks was definitely clutch with that hit to left field, after error on Johnson Central the previous batter. How about later in the inning with bases loaded again Anthony Tucker comes up with a line drive down the third base line to clear the bases with a 3 RBI double. If Dawgs can hit consistently from top to bottom they are a tough outing for anyone. Ross Sanor has a great arm for JC he left the game with 7 K's with elbow soreness and the lefty Simpkins wasn't bad either. If baseball was played in six innings JC would have won but this is a 7 inning game and that last inning is when Lc got the lead and pulled away. congrats to both teams for a great district game.
I am going to look back at all these threads over the past two months and laugh whenever the region finals is Johnson Central against Prestonsburg? haha! Im not sure it is as far out of possibility as people realize? Whether Pikeville draws JC or Pburg or not, whether LC draws Pburg or Belfry, both LC and Pikeville will have only one thing on their mind.....each other! Neither one of them will be thinking about winning and advancing, and I suggest that maybe their coaches find a way to refocus them before there is a major upset? It would be a great game to see though?
dawgbyte02 Wrote:You may be right, because of region, but I would love to see it. Anybody got any stats on Burton this year.
I hope Burton does pitch. Make for a ballgame everyone wants to see. :Cheerlead
9-POINT Wrote:I hope Burton does pitch. Make for a ballgame everyone wants to see. :Cheerlead

I don't know if emotionally and mentally Sam would want to be put in that situation? There's no doubt in my mind that he could beat them, but I'm not sure it'd be worth it?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I am going to look back at all these threads over the past two months and laugh whenever the region finals is Johnson Central against Prestonsburg? haha! Im not sure it is as far out of possibility as people realize? Whether Pikeville draws JC or Pburg or not, whether LC draws Pburg or Belfry, both LC and Pikeville will have only one thing on their mind.....each other! Neither one of them will be thinking about winning and advancing, and I suggest that maybe their coaches find a way to refocus them before there is a major upset? It would be a great game to see though?

I agree with what you're getting at , but it would not be an upset for JC to beat anyone. I didn't think preseason that they would be in this position, but they may very well be the team to beat right now. They have about 7 freshmen and sophomores that are key components to this team right now and they are getting better and better as the season goes on. They hit the ball surprisingly well. A healthy Sanor is the key in my opinion along with the continued development of Ward . If he can get 5 or 6 innings under his belt while a holding a lead, or at least hold someone close I like their chance against anyone. He was dominating in this game. He was 85-86 the whole night with really good movement and was nasty with the change and curve. I had never seen Ross with that kind of command before. He was really impressive. IMO, he now ranks with the Jacksons, Shepherds, Cecils, the Hamiltons or whomever else's name that gets thrown around.To be quite honest, he may have even passed a couple of those. If anyone else wants to throw those words "TONS OF UPSIDE" around again, then this is whom it gets directed at. He's a lanky 6'3" and comes from an athletic gene pool. If he can get his elbow problem figured out he will be pushing upper 80's and 90 consistantly next year and with his live arm, he is a major prospect.
Bob Seger Wrote:I agree with what you're getting at , but it would not be an upset for JC to beat anyone. I didn't think preseason that they would be in this position, but they may very well be the team to beat right now. They have about 7 freshmen and sophomores that are key components to this team right now and they are getting better and better as the season goes on. They hit the ball surprisingly well. A healthy Sanor is the key in my opinion along with the continued development of Ward . If he can get 5 or 6 innings under his belt while a holding a lead, or at least hold someone close I like their chance against anyone. He was dominating in this game. He was 85-86 the whole night with really good movement and was nasty with the change and curve. I had never seen Ross with that kind of command before. He was really impressive. IMO, he now ranks with the Jacksons, Shepherds, Cecils, the Hamiltons or whomever else's name that gets thrown around.To be quite honest, he may have even passed a couple of those. If anyone else wants to throw those words "TONS OF UPSIDE" around again, then this is whom it gets directed at. He's a lanky 6'3" and comes from an athletic gene pool. If he can get his elbow problem figured out he will be pushing upper 80's and 90 consistantly next year and with his live arm, he is a major prospect.

I agree. JC can beat anyone with him on the mound. They really impressed me with the way they hit the ball. They might be the team to beat come playoff time with all the younger guys getting experience. Have to cut down on the errors.
Moundbound Wrote:This shouldve been a win for jc. Anyone wants to argue with me over that? I'm ready lol

cant post on here if you have more than 3 errors in a game.
Moundbound Wrote:Ban me? For what lol stating the obvious?

no ban your for having 4 errors in the game
Moundbound Wrote:He can kiss the scouts that attended tonight goodbye lol because from what I heard and saw they did him.

there was 8 there, 4 of them behind the plate and the other 4 went along the fence to video and watch from the side, they do not care about W/L just velocity, movement, and location, the W and 10 k's just help...

maybe if you would have focused on the game instead of where the scouts was you wouldnt have so many errors.
Bob Seger Wrote:I agree with what you're getting at , but it would not be an upset for JC to beat anyone. I didn't think preseason that they would be in this position, but they may very well be the team to beat right now. They have about 7 freshmen and sophomores that are key components to this team right now and they are getting better and better as the season goes on. They hit the ball surprisingly well. A healthy Sanor is the key in my opinion along with the continued development of Ward . If he can get 5 or 6 innings under his belt while a holding a lead, or at least hold someone close I like their chance against anyone. He was dominating in this game. He was 85-86 the whole night with really good movement and was nasty with the change and curve. I had never seen Ross with that kind of command before. He was really impressive. IMO, he now ranks with the Jacksons, Shepherds, Cecils, the Hamiltons or whomever else's name that gets thrown around.To be quite honest, he may have even passed a couple of those. If anyone else wants to throw those words "TONS OF UPSIDE" around again, then this is whom it gets directed at. He's a lanky 6'3" and comes from an athletic gene pool. If he can get his elbow problem figured out he will be pushing upper 80's and 90 consistantly next year and with his live arm, he is a major prospect.

I really like the confidence your putting in JC right now, and to be honest I think that has a lot to do with why they beat LC on a consistent basis? They have the mental edge over LC in every single game they play, no matter who is on the hill.

I will also complete agree with you on the upside comment. With this kids size and control that he's shown, he could quite possibly be the pitcher of the future in the 15th Region? There is a lot of factors that play into this though? You can't just rely on God given ability, you have to earn that title? If he puts in the work, the off season long toss, the off season weight room, and the focused bullpens? All of these things will be important for him in the future and i'm sure his coach has made him aware of that? I am really excited to see this kid progress, I think he could do great things in the future? If he can locate his off speed pitches and have as much confidence in them as he does his fastball, then skies the limit? I wish him the best of luck!!!