Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 7 - Johnson Central 2
dawgeers Wrote:You are a very sad individual. No let me change that. You are a very jealous individual. Shepherd is consistently upper 80's. JC is a very good team. They were sitting on the fastball early. Once Shepherd starting throwing his curve and mixing in other pitches they were not as comfortable in the box. What I do know is that if this person were talking about any one from Pikeville they would already be kicked off and banned. I guess LCHS and Shepherd are fair game? I really don't have any dog in this fight, other than to see the complete lack of respect for Shepherd and the jealousy. Not to mention the complete double-standard that the so-called "Administrators" have on here when it comes to certain people or schools. Let me also add one more thing, about the comment that if Shepherd throws 94 then Burton throws 100. Shepherd hits his spots every inning. Burton will hit spots on the backstop every inning.

Panther Thunder...shame on you as well with your comments. How many times does Shepherd have to beat Pikeville before you give him respect?
Please tell me WTH you are talking about. I am the only non-LCer sticking up for the kid. My posts that are sarcastic are directed towards the people that think LC is unbeatable. I have nothing but respect for Shep. Look up my posts and you will see it. So, don't call me out when I am the only one sticking up for the kid.
Why didn't you just backspace sad and put jealous if that's how u feel? Instead of wasting a whole sentence. And Hits the backstop? Shut jc down didn't he? Hmm talk about someone jealous...? Maybe your the one jealous, because Burton shut jc down and shep
Struggled with them. Just a guess. And maybe just maybe Burton was tired of living in sheps shadows, and that's why he went with the move and now everyone can see how good he really is.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Why were scouts at the game if Shep has already signed with UK? Lol.
The draft happens regardless of College signee or not. The athlete will then decide what he wants to do after an offer has been made by the professional club. The player has a lot of leverage out of high school because he can opt to play in college, giving the teams more incentive to pay up.
Blueheat Wrote:[ QUOTE=dawgeers;1182119]You are a very sad individual. No let me change that. You are a very jealous individual. Shepherd is consistently upper 80's. JC is a very good team. They were sitting on the fastball early. Once Shepherd starting throwing his curve and mixing in other pitches they were not as comfortable in the box. What I do know is that if this person were talking about any one from Pikeville they would already be kicked off and banned. I guess LCHS and Shepherd are fair game? I really don't have any dog in this fight, other than to see the complete lack of respect for Shepherd and the jealousy. Not to mention the complete double-standard that the so-called "Administrators" have on here when it comes to certain people or schools. Let me also add one more thing, about the comment that if Shepherd throws 94 then Burton throws 100. Shepherd hits his spots every inning. Burton will hit spots on the backstop every inning.

Panther Thunder...shame on you as well with your comments. How many times does Shepherd have to beat Pikeville before you give him respect?

I thought PT was very respectful of Shep. Maybe you need to go read his post again. Now to MB his post was unnecessary. As PT even stated ENOUGH was ENOUGH.[/QUOTE]

No. Panther Thunder even made his snide remark saying it is "automatic when you know who is on the mound". That is a slam towards LC. The only team in the 15th that has beaten Shepherd in his career, to my knowledge, has been JC. Why would someone from Pikeville make this statement? If not trying to take a shot at a high school kid and a high school team. Sometimes after reading some of the posts on here I hope and pray some of you "adults" never have children. That would be bad for society.
You are right, he was living in the shadow of Shepherd. And will continue. Moving to Pikeville will not help. Now he is their #3, living in the shadows of Hamilton and Cecil. If he was truly a #1, why didn't he pitch against Prestonsburg in the All-A regional final?

But again, why is this person allowed to stay on here. It is obvious who this person is. Either Burton or one of his family members. They need to be banned. They are breaking the rules, are they not?
Ban me? For what lol stating the obvious?
May I add...both teams jerseys looked very sweet. If the state had rankings for best jerseys LC and JC would be right on top lol
dawgeers Wrote:No. Panther Thunder even made his snide remark saying it is "automatic when you know who is on the mound". That is a slam towards LC. The only team in the 15th that has beaten Shepherd in his career, to my knowledge, has been JC. Why would someone from Pikeville make this statement? If not trying to take a shot at a high school kid and a high school team. Sometimes after reading some of the posts on here I hope and pray some of you "adults" never have children. That would be bad for society.

Paintsville did and also ended his scoreless innings streak.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
dawgeers Wrote:No. Panther Thunder even made his snide remark saying it is "automatic when you know who is on the mound". That is a slam towards LC. The only team in the 15th that has beaten Shepherd in his career, to my knowledge, has been JC. Why would someone from Pikeville make this statement? If not trying to take a shot at a high school kid and a high school team. Sometimes after reading some of the posts on here I hope and pray some of you "adults" never have children. That would be bad for society.
For your comprehension I will spell it out. THAT STATEMENT MEANT NO DISRESPECT TO CHANDLER. IT WAS DIRECTED AT THE FINE FOLKS FROM LC WHO HAVE MADE IT CLEAR THAT OTHER TEAMS DO NOT BELONG ON THE SAME FIELD WHEN HE PITCHES.
Wasn't at the game but it sounded like JC was obviously in this game very late. Chaulk it up for what it was, a hard fought loss. Just as another poster stated JC needs to remain humble. This is a young team with alot of talent and has some very tough games left on their schedule to build on and get better for the post season. If they continue to see good pitching the rest of the year their bats will only get better. As for LC and Shepard, they did what they needed to do to win. He held JC to six hits and two runs. That will win you 95% of highschool games. With that being said LC is beatable with or without shepard on the mound but you have to finish the game. I for one think Shepard is as good a player as I have seen in the 15th region in the last 20 years.
i was at the jc and lc game tonight and just to clear one thing up ,the scouts that got up and left did not leave the game but went to the 3rd base line fence and sat on the benches while 3 stayed in the bleachers the rest of the game . Great job tonight for both teams can't wait til play off time.
JC just needs to go ahead and put this one behind them as Paintsville did. They have other District games to worry about now. They proved just like we did. It doesn't matter who is on the hill. We are here to play and give it our best and not back down. Hope Ross is fine! Great kid!

Great effort tonight JC! See ya in 2 weeks! Trust me....we were rootin for ya!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Moundbound Wrote:@ dashiprock--And btw how is jc not the best hitting team in the region? Put up six on "shep"? Which only had two on him the whole year. Are you saying LC is better at hitting? Lol

My point exactly, if they are the best hitting team in the region then one would assume they would hit of a pitcher like shep. even though he still came out with the win and Jc hangs their heads low, bash him if you must with your comments he can still say #1 in the district.
OffTheHook Wrote:JC just needs to go ahead and put this one behind them as Paintsville did. They have other District games to worry about now. They proved just like we did. It doesn't matter who is on the hill. We are here to play and give it our best and not back down. Hope Ross is fine! Great kid!

Great effort tonight JC! See ya in 2 weeks! Trust me....we were rootin for ya!

shall be a kick when Jackson sends Jc packin.
Moundbound Wrote:Why didn't you just backspace sad and put jealous if that's how u feel? Instead of wasting a whole sentence. And Hits the backstop? Shut jc down didn't he? Hmm talk about someone jealous...? Maybe your the one jealous, because Burton shut jc down and shep
Struggled with them. Just a guess. And maybe just maybe Burton was tired of living in sheps shadows, and that's why he went with the move and now everyone can see how good he really is.

talk about jealousy, your the one bashing a D1 prospect for his talent but yet your the one behind the screen.
:dontthink
Sends jc packing? Like he has in the past right?
WOW way to stay on their back door JC! You'll see them 2 more times,
Congrats banks on the homer
Congrats LC! Another nice Win. :Thumbs:
Moundbound Wrote:The funniest thing about this is that there were approximately 7 or 8 scouts there watching shep. First inning...first pitch thrown from him was a triple off centerfield fence by Mr. Meek...second Hitter....hit by the pitch...I look down at the scouts again and 4 of them get up and just completely leave the game...wow. Definitely not what them nor I was expecting to see. He gave up six hits? That's an average pitching performance.

Every pitcher has an off night. JC is a really good team and ive said it all along
Dashiprock Wrote:JC came ready to play no doubt about that. This rivalry had adreline through all veins of those in the Eagle dugout. With that mentality they are bound to hit off anyone. Shoulda coulda woulda we can play that game all day. but the fact of the matter is the W in wich falls for LC and the L for JC. Shepherd overrated?? thought JC was supposed to be the best hitting team in the region... so is claimed! it remains to be seen Shepherd loosing this year. Quick question, is a national championship overrated? How bout being voted by legit staff the 1/2 player in the state. How bout all these scouts coming to his games? Must be that they are hearing good things from other scouts to keep them coming back... is that overrated? We can all agree JC thought for sure they had it in the bag apparently but LC clinched it in the 6th. As i always say, thats baseball for ya.

Congrats dawgs #1 in the region!!!

How does a team clinch it in the sixth without scoring a run and falls behind 2-1!! :popcorn:
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:Wasn't at the game but it sounded like JC was obviously in this game very late. Chaulk it up for what it was, a hard fought loss. Just as another poster stated JC needs to remain humble. This is a young team with alot of talent and has some very tough games left on their schedule to build on and get better for the post season. If they continue to see good pitching the rest of the year their bats will only get better. As for LC and Shepard, they did what they needed to do to win. He held JC to six hits and two runs. That will win you 95% of highschool games. With that being said LC is beatable with or without shepard on the mound but you have to finish the game. I for one think Shepard is as good a player as I have seen in the 15th region in the last 20 years.

My thoughts exactly!! Everybody and their brother can trash him, say he is overrated but bottom line is, he is a great pitcher and player. JC just needs to be quiet, keep working hard, and good things will happen. They let one slip away tonight.
There's no denying Shephard is good and is in no way overrated. He is quite possibly one of the best pitchers the area has seen in 20+ years. I can't even begin to imagine the amount of pressure this young man is under right now with everyone watching his every move.
All players and teams should be glad one scout comes to a game in E KY. I have noticed when the college and pro scouts are in the stands the teams seem to step it up a notch for some reason. Not only is it good for baseball but it is good for this end of the state. At least for this year a lot of teams want to be on the LC schedule because of all the attention. Who knows what the future holds for any of us but we all should enjoy the attention being paid to high school baseball in our neck of the woods. Look for an upcoming monster Pikeville/LC game with Burton v Shepard. If you like baseball you will not want to miss this one.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:All players and teams should be glad one scout comes to a game in E KY. I have noticed when the college and pro scouts are in the stands the teams seem to step it up a notch for some reason. Not only is it good for baseball but it is good for this end of the state. At least for this year a lot of teams want to be on the LC schedule because of all the attention. Who knows what the future holds for any of us but we all should enjoy the attention being paid to high school baseball in our neck of the woods. Look for an upcoming monster Pikeville/LC game with Burton v Shepard. If you like baseball you will not want to miss this one.
if we have any sense, Burton won't throw. And I doubt Chan will throw either.
Panther Thunder Wrote:if we have any sense, Burton won't throw. And I doubt Chan will throw either.

If Pikeville throws Burton in that game they are setting that kid up for failure? I'd pitch Cecil, he can most definetely beat them!!
You obviously do not know what you are talking about. Burton nor his "family" members have never posted anything negative about Shepard. But, let's set the record straight for once. Burton did not move from LC because of Shepard, baseball, "shadow" or anything other than personal family matters and that my friend is none of your business!!! However, after seeing the things posted on her about him and his family I am sure he is glad he left. LC fans not the team seem to be the problem here. Man up...quit crying. Shepard and Burton have their scholarships----where are you going.
Panther Thunder Wrote:if we have any sense, Burton won't throw. And I doubt Chan will throw either.
You may be right, because of region, but I would love to see it. Anybody got any stats on Burton this year.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:If Pikeville throws Burton in that game they are setting that kid up for failure? I'd pitch Cecil, he can most definetely beat them!!
You are underestimating Burton.
dawgeers Wrote:You are a very sad individual. No let me change that. You are a very jealous individual. Shepherd is consistently upper 80's. JC is a very good team. They were sitting on the fastball early. Once Shepherd starting throwing his curve and mixing in other pitches they were not as comfortable in the box. What I do know is that if this person were talking about any one from Pikeville they would already be kicked off and banned. I guess LCHS and Shepherd are fair game? I really don't have any dog in this fight, other than to see the complete lack of respect for Shepherd and the jealousy. Not to mention the complete double-standard that the so-called "Administrators" have on here when it comes to certain people or schools. Let me also add one more thing, about the comment that if Shepherd throws 94 then Burton throws 100. Shepherd hits his spots every inning. Burton will hit spots on the backstop every inning.

Panther Thunder is a pikeville fan hence his moniker but he said nothing out of line about Shepherd so he said nothing to be ashmed of. And as for the scouts leaving if you would have watched they got up and moved to a different location.

Sorry fot the typo (ashamed)

Panther Thunder is a pikeville fan hence his moniker but he said nothing out of line about Shepherd so he said nothing to be ashmed of. And as for the scouts leaving if you would have watched they got up and moved to a different location.