Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teams with Turf Fields
What Teams In KY have Turf or is getting Turf Soon???

Newport (Very Nice Field)

I've heard that Estill County is getting Turf here in a few years (Source within the School)
Collins
Trinity
St. X
Lex Cath.
I would say in NKY that the largest percentage of schools have turf fields.
I believe if I'm not mistaking, Hazard has Turf and it's Extremely Nice
Newport's is not that good.

Highlands, Ryle, Beechwood, Dixie, Covington Catholic in NKY.

Campbell County will begin construction on their new football stadium this ummer and will have a turf field.
Off the top of my head...

Pikeville
Johnson Central
Sheldon Clark
Shelby Valley
Letcher County Central
Hazard
I thought there was a thread here talking about a new field last fall at Montgomery County.
I know this is a little off topic,but how much would it cost to put in a turf field to an existing stadium? A million? And it would be nice to see Harlan Co. get turf on thier new field when its completed.
Dragonsdad Wrote:I know this is a little off topic,but how much would it cost to put in a turf field to an existing stadium? A million? And it would be nice to see Harlan Co. get turf on thier new field when its completed.

$300-400 K, depending on you excavation cost. When Highlands put theres in 8 years ago, the cost was in the $1M range, but now it is significantly lower.
Tica Wrote:I thought there was a thread here talking about a new field last fall at Montgomery County.

Montgomery County does have turf. Their stadium/field is really top notch!!
Most, if not all, of Fayette County public schools have turf.
Wonder if Bell Co will get one?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Scott, Dixie, and Simon Kenton all have them. Newport's turf field is bad. The numbers a pulling up in parts and near midfield they have some unwavering issues
There was talk of Paintsville getting turf but they decided to put down Bermuda grass instead.
nky Wrote:Scott, Dixie, and Simon Kenton all have them. Newport's turf field is bad. The numbers a pulling up in parts and near midfield they have some unwavering issues

they didn't seem to have them problems couple years ago when Estill went up there
WKY (Bowling Green to Fulton County)
Owensboro
Owensboro Catholic (them and KY Wesleyan College share, both put in towards cost)

Louisville area
St. X
Trinity
Nelson County (will have this year)
Collins
Lexington area
All schools except for LCA
Boyle County
Montgomery County

NKY
Dixie Heights
CovCath
Highlands
Beechwood
Newport (and, NewCath if you count the fact that they pay to play there)
Campbell County as another poster said will have with their new construction
Simon Kenton
Ryle

EKY
Pikeville
Belfry
Shelby Valley
Sheldon Clark
Hazard
Letcher Co. Central
Johnson Central
Harlan Co. Central (will have)

Any others out there?
Mason co. has approval for it, but not sure when it's going in.
Stardust Wrote:Newport's is not that good.

Highlands, Ryle, Beechwood, Dixie, Covington Catholic in NKY.

Campbell County will begin construction on their new football stadium this ummer and will have a turf field.

Scott also has one and if I am not mistaken I believe Walton Verona has a new field.
Walton-Verona has a very nice turf field.
South Oldham has turf.
sstack Wrote:Scott also has one and if I am not mistaken I believe Walton Verona has a new field.

I forgot about Scott's addition. Never been to WV for anything in my daughter and sons sports (last 8 years)
Harry Doyle Wrote:Harlan Co. Central (will have)

Just Harlan County, no Central to it.

I thought all Pike Co teams had turf
Stardust Wrote:I forgot about Scott's addition. Never been to WV for anything in my daughter and sons sports (last 8 years)

WV has a new sports facility off 71 (you can see it from the highway). Land was donated to the school system and there was talk of building a new school there, but I heard people from Verona and Walton could not come to an agreement, so they just built a sports complex. It has turf football/soccer field, baseball field, track, practice football field, tennis courts, and cross country course.
Madison Southern is getting it (breaking ground May 15).
LexCath was the first hs in the nation to have field turf and last year was the first season on their new 2 million dollar field which is the nicest field in the state
LexCathKnight15 Wrote:LexCath was the first hs in the nation to have field turf and last year was the first season on their new 2 million dollar field which is the nicest field in the state

It's $2million because of how much of it there is, because of the entire baseball and softball fields being part of it, and vice versa.. Smart thinking on LexCath's end, I must say.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:It's $2million because of how much of it there is, because of the entire baseball and softball fields being part of it, and vice versa.. Smart thinking on LexCath's end, I must say.
Pikeville has turf Football and Baseball. Softball still has the regular make up.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:It's $2million because of how much of it there is, because of the entire baseball and softball fields being part of it, and vice versa.. Smart thinking on LexCath's end, I must say.

Isn't the football field part of it as well?
Stardust Wrote:Isn't the football field part of it as well?

Yes it is. The Softball field is in the corner of one endzone but I have been hearing that they will be repainting it to match the rest of the fiels because it brings down the looks of the football field
^ I've never been there, but I have heard nothing but compliments about the set-up, surface and condition.