Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouts say new bats make job easier
PEARL, Miss. -- College baseball's new metal bats have been praised by fans, coaches and pitchers. Game times are quicker and there are dramatically lower run totals.
But some of the biggest fans of the new bats are Major League Baseball scouts.
For these talent evaluators, the college variation of the game resembles "true" baseball for the first time in years, making their job a little easier as MLB's draft approaches in June.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=6403213
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
This rule was put in because of MLB, so glad to hear them acknowledge that it has worked for them
Does high schools use the new bats?
^ no composite bats this year. Next year they go to the BBCOR bats that are used in college.
^That will make for funner baseball if you ask me.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
^ It will require teams to play small ball and rely more on speed, but at the High School level, I don't see any dramatic changes in the game.
Stardust Wrote:^ It will require teams to play small ball and rely more on speed, but at the High School level, I don't see any dramatic changes in the game.

So they will be ready for Dusty Baker baseball? :popcorn: :biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:^ no composite bats this year. Next year they go to the BBCOR bats that are used in college.

That's what they have said. YET...it is NOT being inforced hardly at all in EKY.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis