Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 7 George Rogers Clark 5
PHSForever Wrote:And just to clarify one other fact PT forgot to add, since 2002 (furthest back I could go), Pikeville has a total record of 235-104, and LC has a record of 225-104. Keep in mind, that is only since 2002. The 80's and 90's teams had outstanding records too, I remember at least 2 30 win seasons from the mid-80's. You might not have meant to start anything, but you did, and we ended it. Now, let's all sing "Kumbayah" and watch some baseball. :popcorn:

Most recent than that was the 2004 team's 30-7 record and the '05 team's 33-8 record..
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Nice facts Thunder..

I told ya.
This ain't even fair boys.:biggrin:
Bob Seger Wrote:Most recent than that was the 2004 team's 30-7 record and the '05 team's 33-8 record..
Yeah, I included those since I went back to 2002, I was just pointing out to him there were a bunch more wins if he wanted to go further back. :biggrin:
PHSForever Wrote:Yeah, I included those since I went back to 2002, I was just pointing out to him there were a bunch more wins if he wanted to go further back. :biggrin:

Gotcha.:Thumbs:
:biggrin:
jetpilot Wrote:This ain't even fair boys.:biggrin:

Yeah, you're right. We should have all stopped and considered the competition in this one JP.
I can remember not too long ago LC not even making it to the regional tournament with a couple of the best teams they've ever had? The hard facts for LC fans on this subject is if you do compare the two schools Pikeville has more accomplishments. Whether or not they were playing in a weaker district/region is irrevelant. They still have more of a tradition and so does their football and their basketball and almost every other sport for that matter. I think it's just time for them to bite the bullet and accept it?
Are you serious? OK you all can think that I guess this is Pikeville Rivals too. LOL
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Are you serious? OK you all can think that I guess this is Pikeville Rivals too. LOL
You got all of this started, no one had said anything until you started posting about wanting to compare numbers.

So, I guess what I am trying to say is... What is your point/goal? What are you trying to accomplish?
He's a hater and Pikeville is the thorn in there side this year. As far as 2010, LC has no accomplishments. Keep it up PT.
:HitWall: Sometimes people like lcgrad just don't get it.
Ok i totally get it, Pville is no thorn in my side at all. I respect Pikeville just not some of the people in it.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Ok i totally get it, Pville is no thorn in my side at all. I respect Pikeville just not some of the people in it.

That is just like me, I dont like the the comments you make lcgrad2002.
And? What might those comments be?
The moronic ones that have no meaning to a thread titled Pikeville 7 GRC 5. Also the schedule comments were a little stupid in the Pburg thread.

If you hate Pikeville just say it, it is not so hard. You say you respect us, but that is not the case now is it?
Yes it really is. Pikeville has a great program as do other schools but every town has it's sores also.

I have no hard feeling toward Pikeville at all.
Yes it really is. Pikeville has a great program as do other schools but every town has it's sores also.

I have no hard feeling toward Pikeville at all.
Wow, I just read 3 pages of posts trying to get some info on the game. After the first post I wasted my time....all I got was ...:argue:
Gold Charger Wrote:Wow, I just read 3 pages of posts trying to get some info on the game. After the first post I wasted my time....all I got was ...:argue:

Amen!
I love reading all this stuff its great!! I graduated from LCHS in 1985 and played baseball from freshman to senior and during my time there we never had a 20 win season, i don't think it happened untill 1986?? Like I said before i am and always will be a LC fan but some that live here think if LC loses they must have got cheated somehow, LC biggest problem and always have been is trying to ride the talent of one kid! In my playing days it was Dave Wheeler, then Spencer Harris, then Steve Blevins while all these boys were very talented they cannot win the game alone. I am a big fan of Chandler and he is an awesome player but untill you build your team as a team you will never go very far. I have watched the LC baseball team twice this year and really they have a very week hitting team except for three players, Not just because my nephew plays for them but Pikeville is a complete team and will be tough to beat in my opinion!
huggybus02 Wrote:I love reading all this stuff its great!! I graduated from LCHS in 1985 and played baseball from freshman to senior and during my time there we never had a 20 win season, i don't think it happened untill 1986?? Like I said before i am and always will be a LC fan but some that live here think if LC loses they must have got cheated somehow, LC biggest problem and always have been is trying to ride the talent of one kid! In my playing days it was Dave Wheeler, then Spencer Harris, then Steve Blevins while all these boys were very talented they cannot win the game alone. I am a big fan of Chandler and he is an awesome player but untill you build your team as a team you will never go very far. I have watched the LC baseball team twice this year and really they have a very week hitting team except for three players, Not just because my nephew plays for them but Pikeville is a complete team and will be tough to beat in my opinion!

not too tough for prestonsburg?
sounds to me your jealous of the guys you listed above for multiple reasons.
LC has 11 hits last night and only had 4 k's 1-9 hit the ball hard and put it in play. they had numerous hits against GRC too. LC has better pitching, defense, and LC's 1-4 hitters are better than pikevilles 1-4
doomsday Wrote:not too tough for prestonsburg?
LC has 11 hits last night and only had 4 k's 1-9 hit the ball hard and put it in play. they had numerous hits against GRC too. LC has better pitching, defense, and LC's 1-4 hitters are better than pikevilles 1-4
Give it a rest! The teams have been compared 1,000,000 times already. We will find out in 3 or 4 weeks.

lol.
Better defense? After 5 big ol' "E's" against GRC? Knock it off. Like PT said, they've been compared a million times already, we'll find out for real soon. Prestonsburg is a pretty tough team when they throw their number 1, been giving a lot of people fits this year.