Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Rumor)Clay County new coach
Trenches07 Wrote:Wow, the district being hard is one thing but the region and then if one was to be lucky enough to make it to the semi's, what you have waiting for you will make this Clay County JOB a very tough sale for anyone!! Regardless of facilities and support this is going to be a job that will be at the bottom of the mountain with a VERY long climb in front of it with the RIGHT man in place, put the wrong guy in and get ready for some very rough seasons ahead for the Tigers.
Wow! Sounds like every team in the district and region (other than a few in the region) might as well fold their tents and pack it in. God forbid a coach having the desire to coach a team that wasn't stacked as a favorite to win the region. What a load of bull spew.
Realizing that most believe 1 of 2 assistants are the front-runners, have there been any rumors around Clay of any outside big names that might be interested?
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Wow! Sounds like every team in the district and region (other than a few in the region) might as well fold their tents and pack it in. God forbid a coach having the desire to coach a team that wasn't stacked as a favorite to win the region. What a load of bull spew.

Lets wait a year and re-visit this conversation there skinny.
Trenches07 Wrote:Lets wait a year and re-visit this conversation there skinny.
So, you think a guy deserves a year? Do you work for a living?
Trenches07 Wrote:Lets wait a year and re-visit this conversation there skinny.
"A year" is irrelevant to our conversation. I just commented (sarcastically) on how bleak you described Clay's position in not only the semis if they were to make it, but the district too...And that's with the "RIGHT man in place". I took it as if Clay don't hire God as their coach they might as well sell their football equipment and plant taters in the field there Trenches07.
They are plenty young men that knows football out there but most schools are not willing to give them a chance to show they can coach,one that comes to my mind is Justin Haddix the new hire at PCC,Haddix has this program(Perry Co. Central) on the road to succuss and yes it took a lot guts(Perry Board of Education) to give a younger no coaching experance young man the job,but they did,and he did a great job last year,he run their program with pride and and seeing let him get the best out of kids because he relates well too the younger kids and they respect and work harder because he teaches that hard work and dedication will make them winners,and making them better people in the mean time,Haddix brings that with him as a player and coach,Yes we need too see more Justin Haddix's out there on the side lines and given a chance they are out there,so give the younger coaches a chance to prove they can do it.
Any news or names to report? Just curious on the progress. Less than 100 days to Week 0.
I hear some interesting names have applied for the job. Any news from Clay Co.?
Trenches07 Wrote:I hear some interesting names have applied for the job. Any news from Clay Co.?
Depends on your definition of "interesting". It's been very quiet. Hiring a football coach at Clay County must be some kind of top secret operation. I hear there's been lots of calls but few applicants...Who knows?
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Depends on your definition of "interesting". It's been very quiet. Hiring a football coach at Clay County must be some kind of top secret operation. I hear there's been lots of calls but few applicants...Who knows?

Clay county has a beast in Jacob Hyde saw him at the combine in Lexington last week benched 185 about 40 sometimes, had a couple more good looking kids McNeal, and Horton.
How about some names that have applied? I have heard that their have been around 12 or 13 people that have put in for the job but I just have a number only, no names. Come on lets hear it!!!
BlueRaider4Life Wrote:How about some names that have applied? I have heard that their have been around 12 or 13 people that have put in for the job but I just have a number only, no names. Come on lets hear it!!!

Some interviews will take place tomorrow in Clay County, anyone have any names?
Someone should know at least the finalist who are up for an interview...Drop us some names soon. What is the big secret? Oh well they have to let people know eventually, the Tigers have a game sometime in August.:please:
Jeff Woods, Evan Napier & Kenny Roark interviewed today.
Finally some names to go with this job search. Thanks Skinnypig for the info. I know that Evan Napier and Jeff Woods are local guys who played for Clay County. How about Kenny Roark? What is his background? Is anyone else due to interview that anyone knows of. Can't wait until Football season.....GO TIGERS!!!!
Who is Kenny Roark? Woods used to coach Clay Co. Middle but hadn't heard his name in awhile. This isn't the final 3 is it?
Didn't Roark coach at Middlesboro for years? Do I have the name right?
Roark got the job. I am pretty sure he coached at M'boro.
jed Wrote:Roark got the job. I am pretty sure he coached at M'boro.
Why did he leave Middlesboro. Wasn't his son the QB? Why would he leave his son?
I think his son is coming with him. At least that is the rumor
I'm sure his son would be with him, Don't see him not passing up the chance to Coach his son or leaving him to play for another school
Congrats to Coach Roark....Now all you Clay County boys lets pull together and work hard for the BLACK and GOLD. Make your team and county proud....Lets go Tigers.
Tigers are losing a beast in Jacob Hyde. Good Luck
Hyde - Wish you the best!
Where is Hyde going?
Seems like our old coach is going back to Florida and taking more than just HIS family with him....how crazy!!!!
Hyde wants a chance to go play big time football and ask the coach if he could go with him. It is for Hyde's benefit and not the coach's as they have plenty of athletes at his new school.
BlueRaider4Life Wrote:Seems like our old coach is going back to Florida and taking more than just HIS family with him....how crazy!!!!
This (not Hyde) could have been the plan three years ago...Just saying.
jed Wrote:Hyde wants a chance to go play big time football and ask the coach if he could go with him. It is for Hyde's benefit and not the coach's as they have plenty of athletes at his new school.
What if Hyde doesn't like it down there and becomes very homesick in November? This is a risky move if you ask me. I'm certain the transition from Manchester to Lakeland will NOT be an easy one. I hope everything works out for Jacob.
Yeah , i am sure he just left a good job and team in Lakeland, and moved his kids a thousand miles with plans to turn around and take them back in 3 years. Get real!

As for Hyde, if he gets homesick in november he can always come home and play his senior year, but he will have been exposed to more division I coaches and future d-1 players every friday night than he would be in his entire career if he stayed here. So where is the risk for him. The only risk is for Coach Arnett if he walks away in the middle of the season.
I would like to see all involved succeed.
I am against this and I will tell you why....what kind of message does this send his Tiger team-mates. Football is a team sport last time I checked. I think that if a kid can play at the next level that is awesome and I do believe that scouts will and can find players no matter where they play. That is a great head coaches responsibility to get their junior players film and name out there. What if Hyde gets down to Lakeland and the talent is so crazy that he sits the bench. If he does start what about the kid whose place he took? You say he can come back and play his senior season here....thats bull crap. He is leaving these guys behind. Are they just suppose to pat him on the back and roll out the red carpet for him. I don't think so. Jacob finish what you started as a TIGER. Shannon is the adult in this situation he needs to talk him into staying. The last few years we have had our homegrown talent getting college offers more now than ever. We are getting the attention of colleges. Doors are beginning to open up for our future players....Shannon by doing this you are helping slam them shut again...I want the best for Hyde as well as ALL our kids from Clay County but this is NONSENSE and I think everyone knows it. :dontthink