Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh My Gosh !!!!
"sportwhiz" Wrote:Pirate, that's one HUGE problem with officials theses days. They don't have thick skin. To be an official, you have to have thick skin. There is no way that a T should have been called, unless the player was cussing, threatening bodily harm, or questioning his manhood. Old time officials let everything go in one ear and out the other. Newer officials take what's said to them to heart.

At the All A final, Ted Hall, a retired official that was pretty daggone good, was sitting next to me. One of Paintsville's fans told an official to get his head out of buttocks (The fan said something else, you know). Next time down the floor, the official had the fan removed. Ted laughed his butt off. He said the official gas no business on the floor if can't take that. He also mentioned officiating right now is the worse that he's ever seen.

Definate inappropriate from a freshman!!! "Is that i pickle in your pocket or are you just glad to "T" me?"
"sportwhiz" Wrote:Pirate, that's one HUGE problem with officials theses days. They don't have thick skin. To be an official, you have to have thick skin. There is no way that a T should have been called, unless the player was cussing, threatening bodily harm, or questioning his manhood. Old time officials let everything go in one ear and out the other. Newer officials take what's said to them to heart.
Maybe it's not the officials that have the problem being thin skinned.
Could it be they are trying to bring a little more respect back to the game?
Is it possible that there has been a total loss of respect from players toward officials??? And even toward their coaches????
There was a time when players never back talked their coach and never addressed the officials in any way...that's the coaches job,to deal with the officials.
If more players just played and left officiating to the officials and coaching to the coaches their game might improve.
In my opionion the refs take a lot, couldn't be a ref because the first time some kid cussed at me I would do more than give him a T I would probably throw them out of the game. These kids today don't have any respect anymore. When a ref makes a call whether its a good call or a bad one, someone will have something nasty to say, everybody might as well keep their mouths shut and get over it because we all know the ref ain't taking it back, and the more noise you make about it the worse the ref gets.
Welp who won the game?
"HeartOFaChampion" Wrote:Welp who won the game?

Pike Central