Poll: Should George Bush have joined President Obama at Ground Zero?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Of Course, Show Unity To The American People
50.00%
Doesn't Matter
25.00%
Obama Gave Bush NO Credit So No!
25.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should George Bush have joined President Obama at Ground Zero?
HE Declined a invitation from President Obama to join him at Ground Zero..

Should he have Came?
No, this is Obama's victory. Bush nor Clinton should take anything away from what was accomplished on Obama's watch. This is very common, and rarely do past presidents participate in activities that they started and another finished.
Stardust Wrote:No, this is Obama's victory. Bush nor Clinton should take anything away from what was accomplished on Obama's watch. This is very common, and rarely do past presidents participate in activities that they started and another finished.

He did invite him though, And considering 9/11 happened under Bush's watch he should have at least made an appearance.
********, that's absurred to say he SHOULD have. You show me a precedent where something similar has occurred?
Stardust Wrote:********, that's absurred to say he SHOULD have. You show me a precedent where something similar has occurred?

Why is it so absurd to accept the invitation ? How many 9/11 has there been, How many presidents have invited a past president to come to something like this? Does he have to follow routine by past presidents?

The man should have went to ground zero, Not for Obama, But for everyone else there.
Bush is much different than Obama. He is much more low key and has never felt the need to toot his own horn. Obama, on the other hand, is obviously the opposite. Why should Bush lend credibility to Obams's obviously staged event.

The media and the handpicked group attending the event will all gush with praise of Obama. And, to be fair, he deserves some praise. After all, this is the first display of support for traditional American values and the military that he has exhibited since he moved into the White House.

The liberals, unions leaders, freeloaders, strategic minorities, illegals, media lackies, and the like will all continue with their near orgasmic praise. However, the country and the citizens who carry the load and pay the bills are still faced with Obama's undaunted disdain for those values.
No President Bush should not have gone. Another question should President Obama held a service at ground zero? Or gone to New York at all? Why did he do this? Was it because Bin Laden was killed?
the Obama administration has been under pressure to release a photo as proof of death. But the president has decided not to make public photographs of his remains, telling CBS News, "We don't need to spike the football."
"That's not who we are. We don't trot out this stuff as trophies," he said.

Words and actions seem confusing from this administration
^ Great post
I recommend that everyone listen to the remarks of David Beamer who lost his son and to Debra Burlingame who lost her brother on September 11, 2001.
^ Is there a link
Stardust Wrote:********, that's absurred to say he SHOULD have. You show me a precedent where something similar has occurred?

The only times I can ever remember former Presidents having anything to do with any current event were the following;

1 Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan appeared with then President Bill Clinton on national prime time TV to show their support for the NFTA. ( man was I disappointed with Reagan on that one )

2 President Obama had Bill Clinton appear at the White House on national TV to try to explain away his 'cave' on extending the Bush individual tax cuts
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I would have declined the invitation too. Obama has no class. He did everything in his power to undermine Bush when he was just a loud-mouthed punk freshman Senator and now he wants Bush to help make him look presidential and statesman-like?

One need only to review the treatment that the Supreme Court justices who attended last year's State of the Union speech received at the hands of Obama. Obama takes the "bully" pulpit seriously. He is a bully who loves to ridicule others who do not have a platform from which to respond. Obama has difficulty sharing the limelight with anyone.
Stardust Wrote:^ Is there a link

I'm sorry I don't have it. Hopefully, someone else will have it.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I would have declined the invitation too. Obama has no class. He did everything in his power to undermine Bush when he was just a loud-mouthed punk freshman Senator and now he wants Bush to help make him look presidential and statesman-like?

One need only to review the treatment that the Supreme Court justices who attended last year's State of the Union speech received at the hands of Obama. Obama takes the "bully" pulpit seriously. He is a bully who loves to ridicule others who do not have a platform from which to respond. Obama has difficulty sharing the limelight with anyone.

He took his shots at Paul Ryan after inviting Ryan to sit on the front row during his budget "talk".

We could completely wipe out the federal deficit if we could buy Obama for what he is worth and sell him for what he thinks he is worth.
Truth Wrote:He took his shots at Paul Ryan after inviting Ryan to sit on the front row during his budget "talk".

We could completely wipe out the federal deficit if we could buy Obama for what he is worth and sell him for what he thinks he is worth.
:thatsfunn It's also a good thing that we do not pay presidents what they think they are worth. We certainly could not afford Obama - we really could not afford him if he donated his time in the White House.
If one were to believe the fertilizer being spread on MSNBC hour after hour, one would be convinced that Obama's brave actions and leadership are unparalleled in the history of the United States. That he singlehandedly and under constant life-threatening danger tracked down bin Laden, developed the plan for the mission, personally flew the helicopters (all of them), killed bin Laden with his trusty six-shooter, and gathered all the documents and other evidence at the scene. No one else deserves any accolades other that the fearless leader. Fortunately, no one watches MSNBC.

The truth is that, if Obama's policies were being used for the last almost ten years, bin Laden would likely be ordering room service from the Presidential Suite of the Waldorf Astoria in NYC while Eric Holder debated whether or not to try him in Manhatten, Brooklyn, or not at all.
I think I seen a few days ago that Pres. Bush didn't go because it was Pres. Obama's moment and accomplishment. I agree with that.