Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville at Lawrence County
Let's get this thread started. Big showdown in Louisa on Thursday night at 6:00 as the defending 15th region champs go to Louisa to battle the Lawrence County Bulldogs. Senior Tate Banks will get the start for the Bulldogs, not sure who will pitch for Pikeville. What are everyone's thoughts on this matchup?
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Let's get this thread started. Big showdown in Louisa on Thursday night at 6:00 as the defending 15th region champs go to Louisa to battle the Lawrence County Bulldogs. Senior Tate Banks will get the start for the Bulldogs, not sure who will pitch for Pikeville. What are everyone's thoughts on this matchup?
Should be a pretty good matchup. Not sure who will be on the bump for Pikeville, Maynard threw the last game, and they play Belfry tonight, so that will determine it, obviously. Is Banks #2 or #3 in the rotation for Lawrence Co.? Pikeville is playing decently well right now, good D, sticks have been pounding the ball, etc.
Banks is #3 in rotation right now, Cline will pitch tonight against Boyd County. Both teams seem to be on their A game right now.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Banks is #3 in rotation right now, Cline will pitch tonight against Boyd County. Both teams seem to be on their A game right now.

I'm asking this because I dont know that much about Russell this year. Did LC have their "A" game going on when they played them friday night?
they threw the fourth guy in the rotation but actually hit the ball really well with 10 hits but couldnt score the runs
Russell also is a pretty good ball club, very fundamentally sound.
So was the "A" game in high gear?
Offensively yes, but Russell hit the ball really well. I guess not in a sense that it was our best game but we didnt throw either of our top three guys.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:they threw the fourth guy in the rotation but actually hit the ball really well with 10 hits but couldnt score the runs

Did Russell throw their #4 guy as well?
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Offensively yes, but Russell hit the ball really well. I guess not in a sense that it was our best game but we didnt throw either of our top three guys.

Would you not agree that an "A" game would consist of a combination of both offensive and defensive exellence?
I would refer to as playing good, it wasn't like they had errors that cost them the game. They played well and I'm referring to "A" game as winning..
Ouch... Bob is roughing you up a little. Let's just agree that Lawrence is a normally fairly solid team. For whatever reason, the Russell game wasn't typical of them. I know baseball fans in the area are really looking forward to this matchup.
Dont make much of this game. If they meet in the region it will be a totally different game. Good luck to both teams.
Commanche Wrote:Dont make much of this game. If they meet in the region it will be a totally different game. Good luck to both teams.
Have to agree though, it will be a good indicator of depth.
PHSForever Wrote:Ouch... Bob is roughing you up a little. Let's just agree that Lawrence is a normally fairly solid team. For whatever reason, the Russell game wasn't typical of them. I know baseball fans in the area are really looking forward to this matchup.

And just when you think you get to know someone!!! I dont know about you PHS, but I feel mislead and violated. I would never have suspected LCgrad to exaggerate the facts..Sad
Wow here we go again, I'm not even going to respond to that. Just wait and see for yourself then since you know nothing about Russell.. Good luck
Russell threw their ace
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Russell threw their ace

Oh, so now they threw their ace? ..............lol

You sure about that? :biggrin:
So, Russell threw their ace, and LC was on their A game.
So lcgrad is saying when you throw your ace, you can beat LC's A game.
It was Boyd who was their ace from what fans told me and LC threw Musick #4
jetpilot Wrote:So, Russell threw their ace, and LC was on their A game.
So lcgrad is saying when you throw your ace, you can beat LC's A game.

I'm now totally confused.:biggrin:
Gosh Lol. I said they are on their A game as of late like winning like they did Saturday. Give it up guys who cares... Quit trying to start stupid crap
lcgrad2002 Wrote:It was Boyd who was their ace from what fans told me and LC threw Musick #4

Well which is it LCgrad. Did you play Russell or Boyd Co. ? :popcorn:

:biggrin:
Well if you throw your ace and LC throws off a guy then yeah you might win, the game wasnt even relevant so why does it matter.
Does Musick play for Russell or Boyd Co.?
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Gosh Lol. I said they are on their A game as of late like winning like they did Saturday. Give it up guys who cares... Quit trying to start stupid crap

As of late? Gee, I would call 3 days ago "as of late". But that's just my twisted way of thinking.
Bob Seger Wrote:As of late? Gee, I would call 3 days ago "as of late". But that's just my twisted way of thinking.

Depends on who pitched.:biggrin:
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Well if you throw your ace and LC throws off a guy then yeah you might win, the game wasnt even relevant so why does it matter.

Oh, I see. When you loose it's irrelevant?:popcorn:
Lol Boyd is the kid's last name he is the pitcher for Russell. Sorry you can't comprehend that let me spell it out for you. Geeezzz
I'm officially done talking to you guys..