Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The OFFICIAL PIKEVILLE @ LAWRENCE COUNTY SMACK TALKING THREAD
Let's just leave the other for actual predictions and such.

Just don't go overboard, no personal attacks, just good ole fashioned clean smack talk.

If it isn't related to baseball and a factual statement put it here.

Just be nice and have fun and no one get all bent out of shape. The point of this thread is so the prediction thread can attempt to have something resembling civil baseball discussion.

Let WWIII Commence. :biggrin:
[YOUTUBE="We are the "Champ1on5""]1fnQavGcwCo[/YOUTUBE]

If ya need anything to get you more pumped here is one my favorites.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Let's just leave the other for actual predictions and such.

Just don't go overboard, no personal attacks, just good ole fashioned clean smack talk.

If it isn't related to baseball and a factual statement put it here.

Just be nice and have fun and no one get all bent out of shape. The point of this thread is so the prediction thread can attempt to have something resembling civil baseball discussion.

Let WWIII Commence. :biggrin:

So, I'm wondering if LCGrad and all the others will simply wait until after the game and see if they win before starting smack here? I'll be the first to open myself up on this one, in good clean fun, of course. Pikeville by 3, and a Lawrence County fan will blame it on the hot dogs, rowdy fans in the stands in left center, or the city pool cleaning guy showing too much skin.

:flame:
I agree but I see Pikeville by 6 or more LC with less than 5 hits and 4 errors! Banks exits game in third inning!
huggybus02 Wrote:I agree but I see Pikeville by 6 or more LC with less than 5 hits and 4 errors! Banks exits game in third inning!

So the "Bank" will close early on Thursday? :biggrin:
pikeville 10-6.
Tate could throw left handed and beat Pikeville.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:Tate could throw left handed and beat Pikeville.

Okay, lets try that. Tate left handed pitching and we will have Clark Keene bat left handed as well. :lmao:

Wake up! Wake up! Get out of your pajamas, you're dreaming again, dawgbyte. :lmao:

Banks beat Pikeville last year. I'm glad people think he couldn't do it again. Well, only Pikeville people with short memories think this. In fact, the only pitcher from LC that Pikeville has had success against was Burton...Confusedhh:
My favorite part of the return to LC will be to wait for the night time so we can see Scott McDonald's home run land.
dawgeers Wrote:Banks beat Pikeville last year. I'm glad people think he couldn't do it again. Well, only Pikeville people with short memories think this. In fact, the only pitcher from LC that Pikeville has had success against was Burton...Confusedhh:
Randy Maynard wants to remind you of his laser deposited into the parking lot off of Cody Moore.
dawgeers Wrote:Banks beat Pikeville last year. I'm glad people think he couldn't do it again. Well, only Pikeville people with short memories think this. In fact, the only pitcher from LC that Pikeville has had success against was Burton...Confusedhh:

LEFT HANDED was the key word in the Banks pitching. These things are tricky and you gotta read the fine print. Either that or you are just plain getting mad before you absorb what you read.

Oh yeah, thanks for Sam!:ChairHit:
Panther Thunder Wrote:My favorite part of the return to LC will be to wait for the night time so we can see Scott McDonald's home run land.

Oh yeah, that moon shot is STILL in orbit. Say, I wonder if LC could make money by setting up some of those telescopes people can put quarters in to look at something? If they do, they'd make more money off the LC-PHS game than the concession stand when PHS is batting. :biggrin:

Yeah, and now he's had some REAL pitching coaching. How many perfect games did he throw for you all? :biggrin:
I, for one, had no clue Tate was amphibious.
This one will be good, I'll take the Yankees over the Red Sox 10-6
Panther Thunder Wrote:I, for one, had no clue Tate was amphibious.
I think you mean ambidextrous. Unless I missed something about Tate being good on land and water. lol
Does gamess already played play a part in this contest? Pikeville has several more games already played then Lawrence County. Does that hurt them or help them?
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Does gamess already played play a part in this contest? Pikeville has several more games already played then Lawrence County. Does that hurt them or help them?
I think it helps. Main reason is, Cecil has had more time to round back into shape after being out some due to the foot injury in basketball season. Plus, with as many 5 inning games as Pikeville has played in this year (10 versus Lawrence County's 4), it has saved wear and tear on the staff's arms. Those extra2-3 innings per game can add up. Overall, PHS has played 31 games vs LC's 23. Not a HUGE difference, but enough.
Quote:Yeah, and now he's had some REAL pitching coaching. How many perfect games did he throw for you all?
he threw 0 for us, but i guess u can count west carter as one...i really wasent even aware west carter had a baseball team:lmao:
LC_Dawgs Wrote:he threw 0 for us, but i guess u can count west carter as one...i really wasent even aware west carter had a baseball team:lmao:
Really now? Last time West Carter played Russell it was a 9-7 Loss. A little bit closer than the last time the Dawgs faced em. hahaha :lmao:
yea and russell prob pitched a 8th grader hahaha
LC_Dawgs Wrote:yea and russell prob pitched a 8th grader hahaha
That comeback was about as good as Robbie Hummel's :devilflam
no comeback there...just stating the obvious
LC_Dawgs Wrote:he threw 0 for us, but i guess u can count west carter as one...i really wasent even aware west carter had a baseball team:lmao:

Yeah, they appear to have a team...hey, since they're so close to y'all, why haven't YOU played them? We got 'em in a tournament, so had no choice. But y'all are right down the road from Boyd Co., Ashland Paul Blazer...good quality teams that West Carter has played, but LC hasn't..... I wonder... Why could that be??? :eyeroll:
PHSForever Wrote:Yeah, they appear to have a team...hey, since they're so close to y'all, why haven't YOU played them? We got 'em in a tournament, so had no choice. But y'all are right down the road from Boyd Co., Ashland Paul Blazer...good quality teams that West Carter has played, but LC hasn't..... I wonder... Why could that be??? :eyeroll:

Lets see how many comments like LC Dawgs are made after this year.

Wanna bet some of these..uh......fans....discover they have a team down there when they see them on next years schedule 2 or 3 times. Too bad Rose Hill shut down their program. That could be a classic series between the two for a few years.
Bob Seger Wrote:Lets see how many comments like LC Dawgs are made after this year.

Wanna bet some of these..uh......fans....discover they have a team down there when they see them on next years schedule 2 or 3 times. Too bad Rose Hill shut down their program. That could be a classic series between the two for a few years.
Agreed. I'm telling ya, everyone knows LC was tickled to death to get out of the 16th. Didn't want to have to deal with Boyd, Paul Blazer, Russell, etc on a steady basis.
PHSForever Wrote:Agreed. I'm telling ya, everyone knows LC was tickled to death to get out of the 16th. Didn't want to have to deal with Boyd, Paul Blazer, Russell, etc on a steady basis.

You are right. Now LC only has to deal with JCHS and Pikeville. Well, really just JCHS. Pikeville got ONE victory in regionals against LC. In fact, I think last year was the first time Pikeville even scored a run against LC.
If I may make a suggestion here..........

How about we just let the boys play the game ? This forum has WORN OUT the subject of LC/Pikeville for the last 4 months.

Sadly it isn't the kids that are pouring gas on the fire-its the ADULTS.....

Alot of the guys for LC and Pikeville played travel ball together and have remained friends over the years. Good kids. I simply dont get why we feel the need to stir this animosity between them??

Seriously, let the game be played on the field-not on a computer screen!