Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wrestling Mount Rushmore
If you could make a "Wrestling Mount Rushmore" which 4 (or 5) people would you put on it?

It can be anyone associated with pro wrestling, any generation, any company, federation, alliance, etc.
Vince McMahon Jr: With out a doubt, the man that revolutionized the business introducing concept like PPV's. In short without Vince there is no wrestling business today, and if there is then it sure as hell aint as prominent as it currently is.

Hulk Hogan He is the biggest draw in wrestling history period, without him the WWF would have never become popular and it is possible without him the WWF/E wouldn't still exist today.

Stone Cold: The second biggest draw ever in wrestling, without him there is no WWE period. If he doesn't come along and become amazingly popular then WCW wins the war and it would be the number one promotion in wrestling today.

Ric Flair: This one was a bit of a toss up but I went with Flair in the end, the man has held 16 world titles and has done so much for the business it isn't even funny.
Vince McMahon
Hulk Hogan
Ric Flair
The Rock
Vince Jr.
Stone Cold
Hulk Hogan
Ric Flair
Lou Thesz/Buddy Rogers/Bruno Sammartino
^ I was thinking someone if that early era. For me though, it would have had to be Gorgeous George.
Stardust Wrote:^ I was thinking someone if that early era. For me though, it would have had to be Gorgeous George.

True. He did bring a great Flare to pro wrestling.
Lou Thesz

Bruno Sammartino

Hulk Hogan

Ric Flair

Vince McMahon
^ I loved Bruno, but Bruno was only a regional icon IMO.
Can't forget Doink the Clown Big Grin
^ Hmmm, would Doink go down as one of the best gimmicks ever?

Undertaker and the "dead-man" persona has to be the best ever. Then possibly Mankind and Kane. The WWE was loaded with gimmick characters.
Stardust Wrote:^ Hmmm, would Doink go down as one of the best gimmicks ever?

Undertaker and the "dead-man" persona has to be the best ever. Then possibly Mankind and Kane. The WWE was loaded with gimmick characters.

Sounds like another thread, lol. Start it up and I will be there with ya.
The Rock
Stone Cold
Flair
Hogan
Well, let's start with Stardust, then LWC, the J-Rod, then...... Smile
Vince
Hogan
Stone Cold
The Rock
Ric Flair
Stardust Wrote:Well, let's start with Stardust, then LWC, the J-Rod, then...... Smile

I'm game. :biggrin:
My personal choices (favorites)would be:

Dick the Bruiser
The Sheik
Cowboy Bob Ellis
Argentina Rocca

For ther history of the "sport", I would choose

Vince McMahon
Hulk Hogan
Lou Thesz
Fabulous Moolah
^ Truth, how old are you?
Stardust Wrote:^ Truth, how old are you?

Far too old but not yet too senile to know that the history of professional wrestling, and all other sports and undertakings, did not begin thirty years ago. Many, probably most, of the greats performed before most of us were born.

For example, Pete Rose was no Ty Cobb and Barry Bonds was certainly no Babe Ruth. Therefore, I would believe that, other than in size, today's wrestlers don't always compare favorably with the stars of yesteryear.

Remember, those old matches were often 2 out of 3 falls with a 1 hour time limit. Can you imagine any of the modern day stars lasting more than 15 minutes? I like John Cena but he is no Bruno Sammartino.
Vince McMahon
Undertaker
Stone Cold
HBK
Hogan
I've seen lots of ommisions of Ric Flair. Just curious why others feel he is not a definite "godfather" of wrestling.
1) Rick Flair
2) Hulk Hogan
3) Verne Gagne
4) Iron Shiek, Abdulla the Butcher, Soviets...Any heel from another country...
5) Vince McMahon, Jr...Wrestlemania and has developed wrestling into a Multi Million Dollar Industry..
Vince
Hogan
Flair
Andre
HBK
Vince McMahon
Ric Flair
Hulk Hogan
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Bruno Sammartino
I dont think it's possible to leave off the obvious...

Hogan-as stardust said biggest draw ever!
Flair-16 time world champ and cuts some of the best promos ever
Vince- made wrestling what it is today

Now on the others I would probly go with
Road Warriors(Animal and Hawk)-Greatest Tag Team ever won titles in every promotion/country they were in.(I count them as 1)

And for the last its a tough one...
You have every one from Terry Funk, Bret Hart, Sting, Paul Heyman, Eric Bischoff(for the NWO), Shawn Michaels(just because he was the greatest performer Ive ever seen), Undertaker(the Streak), and Cactus Jack/Mick Foley, and Vader(best big man ever).

But if I had to choose it would be Sting.
Hulk Hogan
Stone Cold
The Rock
Trish Stratus
I would put...

Andre The Giant
Hulk Hogan
Place half of each of their faces in one monument (The Road Warriors)
Owen Hart
and The Rock - Of course he'd have to have the eye brow raised and sunglasses on.
HBK
Hogan/Warrior
Stone Cold
The Rock
Vince
Rick Flair
Dusty Rhodes
Vince
Terry Funk
Hulk Hogan
Jim Crockett