Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New ATV Law?
I am not saying I am for it, or against it. I dont know the wording of the way it is written. If the police can drive on your property because they hear a 4 wheeler and they want to see if it is someone under 16, no I do not agree. If they see it while they are on patrol and then go write a ticket, I am for it. The biggest part of it all is, the private property bit of it all. I ride on land that is not mine, but it is owned by a person instead of the goverment. It still is private property. But everyone for miles around ride up there. On some weekends in the summer, there can be 300 or more people up there. Things that a person should not be doing on a 4 wheeler happens up there every night. Yes I think if a police was on patrol up there, then they should be able to get you for DUI or not wearing a helmet.

As of this point, all I have control of is when my son and I go riding. My son ALWAYS wears a helmet. I have started to wear them more often. But I dont every time.
CatDawg Wrote:Sorry if you took it as sarcasm none meant would you feel better if I referred to you as father? Let me know I'll go back and change the post. Really no sarcasm intended. We're both adults with different views. I just like to agrue my point as much as you.

As far as being in the minority here you go. People who've posted on this topic.

Against

OU Bruiser 1, Basketballonlyfan 2, Evillive 3, Blackcat75 4, Hillbillyman 5.

FOR
Alfus 1, Catdawg 2, Bluegrassgirl 3, Beef 4, Old School 5 and Tribe 6.

Not sure where you went to school but I think 6 to 5 puts you in the minority. And Basketballonlyfan, OU Brusier and Blackcat75 agree with the law even on private property up to a point just not all private property. SO you could say that those three would be middle of the road. Either way more have posted for it than against it so far. That might change but at the time of the post you were in the minority. I did go back and check.

Never question your relationship with your kids. It is pretty apparent that you care for your kids but caring for them and teaching them the right ways doesn't mean they will always make that right choice.

my bad i counted when you were on the other side of the fence ...

which would have made your side the minority ....

and no one again said that my kids always make the right decisions.... but i would like to teach them the government doesn't need to help me make my kids wear a helmet in my home... in public yes ... not in my home...

if this issue was about prayer i bet all kinds of people would be having a problem with it.... but your right --- right know it's about helmets and when a law passes someday down the road that says you have to pray a certain way then we can argue again and i can say i told you so ... this is how things start which is my point little freedoms are taken away and then that begins with other things taken away...

and please don't change anything "mr. administrator" ( since you don't know what sarcasm is ... i will let you in on a secret... that was sarcastic...)
I know exactly what it is and I wasn't meaning to be but you apparently can't leave well enough alone. I made an apology to you in more than one post but I guess we can see which road you took.

Good day.