Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where should i vacation?
Alright guys. I been saving some money for awhile now and still have some car parts to sell and some other money coming in. I want to take my girlfriend OUT of the country an leave her. JK, Want to take her some place real nice and spend 5-6 days just relaxing and touring.

Myself, I want to tour Ireland, I think its beautiful and is Def atop my list.

Whats your guys top places?
First things first. Apply for a passport. They can take a while sometimes.
LWC Wrote:First things first. Apply for a passport. They can take a while sometimes.

It will be after christmas, But since u mentioned this and i actually hadnt looked into it since last year. Whats the process for getting one? Do i need one for both countries?
I think most of it is verification but IDK. I do know you have to tell them every country you plan to visit, etc...

With all the terrorism stuff, they don't like to just give them away.
I would also love to visit Ireland. New Zealand is another English-speaking country that would be high on my list of vacation destinations, if your budget and schedule would allow it.

Closer to home, a summer vacation to parts of Canada would also be great. My wife and I drove across the north shore of Lake Superior thirty years ago and I would love to return to Thunder Bay for a visit, or catch a Great Big Sea concert in St. John's Newfoundland. There are parts of Canada where you can toss a canoe into the water and have a large lake entirely to yourself for a few days. The differences between Canada and the US were much bigger than I expected - at least that was the case in the early 80s.
When do you plan on going after Christmas specifically?

I want to go to Ireland, but there is no way I am going there during the Winter. I suggest that if you are going somewhere during Winter in the Northern Hemisphere then you make it somewhere very warm.

A few places I plan on going at some point in my life:
Aruba
Bora Bora
Australia (specifically The Great Barrier Reef)

A VERY underrated country in terms of beaches is Thailand. Most people associate Thailand with over-crowded cities, but the areas like Phi Phi are quite possibly some of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
Go to stay at Sandals in Jamaica
Maui is the greatest place I have been to in my life and I have been all over.

Grand Canyon, Disneyland (CA), Las Vegas, Niagara Falls,
"I'm going to Disney World!"
EKUAlum05 Wrote:When do you plan on going after Christmas specifically?

I want to go to Ireland, but there is no way I am going there during the Winter. I suggest that if you are going somewhere during Winter in the Northern Hemisphere then you make it somewhere very warm.

Aruba
Bora Bora

A VERY underrated country in terms of beaches is Thailand. Most people associate Thailand with over-crowded cities, but the areas like Phi Phi are quite possibly some of the most beautiful beaches in the world.

MArch or April, When it starts to warm up again seeing how north we will be. This place just amazes me with its scenery. Beautiful is an understatement.
Ever watched locked up abroad? Dont do it bro, stay in the states lol... Just go to Florida.
Ballers Wrote:Ever watched locked up abroad? Dont do it bro, stay in the states lol... Just go to Florida.

If he is wanting to take a honeymoon, or ran into a sudden amount of good fortune, I don't mind the idea of splurging and going some place out of the country.

For me, I am perfectly content with going to Jupiter, Florida. Great weather, clear water, great fishing, great places to eat, great bars, snorkeling, affordable houses to rent right on the water, and far enough from home that I can get away from it all. Get to have everything you want in a vacation, but you dont have to break the bank to do it.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:When do you plan on going after Christmas specifically?

Aruba
Bora Bora

I have also heard that Peru's beaches are very underrated, although I have never been there myself. I had a young engineering professor from South Africa at UK who vacationed in Peru because he claimed that Peru's beaches were home to the most beautiful women on earth and that they outnumbered the men.

When I was still in my 20s, I applied for a job as a mining engineer in New Zealand. Unfortunately, there were too many experienced British engineers eager to retire there for me to get any serious consideration. For a small area, New Zealand offers an amazing variety of activities for a vacationer, from skiing to surfing to "ice climbing."
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I have also heard that Peru's beaches are very underrated, although I have never been there myself. I had a young engineering professor from South Africa at UK who vacationed in Peru because he claimed that Peru's beaches were home to the most beautiful women on earth and that they outnumbered the men.

When I was still in my 20s, I applied for a job as a mining engineer in New Zealand. Unfortunately, there were too many experienced British engineers eager to retire there for me to get any serious consideration. For a small area, New Zealand offers an amazing variety of activities for a vacationer, from skiing to surfing to "ice climbing."

I have also heard from a few gaming friends that peru's beaches are filled with beautiful women.

I haven't ran into a good fortune I just work 2 jobs and can buy and resell anything. I love money. Not like. But love. I have grown to become with managing it very well at a young age. So I have couple grand set back, I'm done with school for now and just wann travel. I visit gatlinburg yearly. And kinda tired of it. I've never been to the beach though. I had a cruise planned and payed for but just don't know if 6 days on a boat is what its cracked up t be.
Honolulu, Hawaii is one of the most beautiful places I have ever saw. I will be going back there soon.
I recommend Hawaii.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
Savannah, Georgia. It's gorgeous!!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I think everyone needs to check out the Grand Canyon and the Hoover Dam in their lifetime...it's so amazing.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I have also heard from a few gaming friends that peru's beaches are filled with beautiful women.

I haven't ran into a good fortune I just work 2 jobs and can buy and resell anything. I love money. Not like. But love. I have grown to become with managing it very well at a young age. So I have couple grand set back, I'm done with school for now and just wann travel. I visit gatlinburg yearly. And kinda tired of it. I've never been to the beach though. I had a cruise planned and payed for but just don't know if 6 days on a boat is what its cracked up t be.

Cruises are fun because of the different ports and the activities they do on board.

Personally, I'd stay domestic and save the money. I'd hit South Florida (Jupiter, Keys, Fort Lauderdale, Fort Meyers, etc) or if you have never been to the beach I'd strongly suggest the North Carolina Beaches (in Summer though) for your first experience.

The South Florida Beaches will give you the tropical feel and tons of things to do at night, but without the expenses and hassle of going out of the country. It gives you the option of driving, or many discount air carriers have specials to fly into Miami or Palm Beach (I know Southwest flies to Palm Beach).

The North Carolina beaches are going to be much more laid back, relaxing, and natural. The drive will be shorter and if you go to certain beaches you may have the entire beach all to yourself. I am a huge fan of Topsail Island. You could get there from EKY in less than a 10 hour drive and it is very peaceful, specifically on the North end of the island, the big drawback is the nightlife is non-existent and restaurants are limited. The Outer Banks is a popular destination as well and is full of history (Wright Bros, Blackbeard, etc). Great fishing in the area, some parts of the Hatteras seashore allow you to go miles on a beach without seeing anyone, and more places to eat or go out. The drawback to the OBX is sometimes traffic is a nuisance and it is alonger drive to get there.

I'll give some life advice and tell you that when you can save money, it is always a good thing.
You can never go wrong with Myrtle Beach! Big Grin
LClion4life Wrote:You can never go wrong with Myrtle Beach! Big Grin

:Thumbs:....I vote, Myrtle Beach!
MVP2 Wrote::Thumbs:....I vote, Myrtle Beach!

Myrtle Beach is the ashtray of the ocean.
Ballers Wrote:Myrtle Beach is the ashtray of the ocean.

Tybee Island, GA is referred to as "The Truckstop by the Sea"
Dewey Lake is nice, but they got rid of their beach years ago.
I have decided:

Siesta Key, FL

Thank me later